Will a specific person known as THE antichrist set up a one world religion?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
And, if I got it wrong, go ahead and let me know what you mean by the letters you've put in blue, books :)
Now will you please answer my question or just tell me you don't know or don't want to answer it. "So in your mind, what does Jesus mean when he says "if possible, even the elect" maybe deceived?"
I don't quite understand how you come up with two different meanings for the elect. Maybe you can provide some scripture on that.

But I take "If possible" to mean that it was unlikely that all the elect (Followers of Christ) could be deceived in following other false Christs, but it could and would happen. Otherwise Christ would have no reason to mention it. For some will come and say that Christ is here or there. And I believe there were false prophets and Christ making false proclamations of this time of which Jesus said in the olivet discourse and is referring to, and it's not in our future, it was 70AD IMO. At this point I know you will disagree, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

G

GreenNnice

There are two different groups of 'the elect' trying to be deceived by the false prophets and the beast per Matthew 24:22 and Matthew 22:24. It's about context, books, to DISTINCT groups of 'the elect' in Matthew 22:22 and Matthew 22:24. So be it then, if the Lord leads us differently in understanding of 'the elect,' there's not much else to be said, except you do believe in one of the two contextual meanings that I do (the elect=those who elect to choose Christ) and that is some understanding mutually between us . Plus, 'the elect' is a bit off topic of the antiChrist topic here and no need to de-rail the thread to a different topic. :)

Aug 15, 2009
I see references to a man of sin, and a beast, and little horn.
But no references to an actual person called THE antichrist who will set up a one world religion.
2 Thessalonians 2:3-6 [SUP]3 [/SUP]Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; [SUP]4 [/SUP]Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. [SUP]5 [/SUP]Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? [SUP]6 [/SUP]And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

Nero nor his general sat in the Temple before it was destroyed.

Aug 15, 2009
Daniel 7:24-25 [SUP]24 [/SUP]And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings. [SUP]25 [/SUP]And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Aug 15, 2009
Daniel 9:27 [SUP]27 [/SUP]And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Aug 15, 2009
Daniel 8:23-25 [SUP]23 [/SUP]And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up. [SUP]24 [/SUP]And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people. [SUP]25 [/SUP]And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but you shall be broken without hand.

Aug 15, 2009
Daniel 11:36-39 [SUP]36 [/SUP]And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done. [SUP]37 [/SUP]Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all. [SUP]38 [/SUP]But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things. [SUP]39 [/SUP]Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

Aug 15, 2009
Matthew 7:7-11 [SUP]7 [/SUP]Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: [SUP]8 [/SUP]For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. [SUP]9 [/SUP]Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? [SUP]10 [/SUP]Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? [SUP]11 [/SUP]If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Oct 31, 2011
The idea that a human is going to set up the specifics of just exactly how God is going to manage His prophecies has been tried for centuries and it has never worked. After it happens, humans can look back and say "Oh, THAT is how God did it" but so far man has never been able to know just how it was going to be done before it happened.

S

soldierofchrist4ever24

I was going to ignore this post until I saw who wrote it. Then I realized it was not going to be another post fingering the exact person who IS the antichrist, right now in the world.

John has a LOT to say about this in his letters. You have already quoted the key passages.

Referring back to your post, I would have to say that an "antichrist" is literally someone who is against (anti) Christ. That means anyone who does not believe.

So where on earth do people get these mixed eschatologies that it will be one man, at the end times? Which may or may not be now!

Thanks for putting out those verses. I knew I did not believe that there would be AN antichrist. Now I know why, because of what the Bible says!
There are just many views of Eschatology, this is one of the more popular, most of the time Dispensational view. and because of key figures such as Darby, Scoefield, dare i say it Charles Finny, well if you study that mans life and so called ministry you will see also... and sorry if this is offensive to anyone, but why altar calls are a big thing now in Protestantism. as for the OP right brother i just don't see it either.

in Christ
brother Travis

S

soldierofchrist4ever24

This is what happens when people blend conspiracy theories with Christianity. Basically...baptized conspiracy which people end up interpreting and accepting as a doctrine later on. Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins did not help but escalate the beliefs with the Left Behind series. (good for entertainment...but in terms of theology? absolutely not)
Thank you for adding those guys as well as i wrote my original reply, i could not think of there names for the life of me lol. but yea those books sold crazy amounts and if i remember they even had a low budget film two rofl.

in Christ
brother Travis

S

soldierofchrist4ever24

i think primarily we just look for a worsening of man's depravity (Old John Calvin will be vindicated), and expect all the things we know are advancing to continue until the Lord Returns.

those things clearly involve enslavement; poverty for the many - disgusting wealth for the few; persecution; a global gulag with all the trappings (biometrics, the whole works). there's NO question the bad guys have this planned, and have had it planned for a long time.

barbarism; tons more wars; more crime; love growing cold; the whole list...

2 Timothy 3
1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

and naturally, the real reason behind it is the spirit of antichrist. hatred of Jesus. it's always been that.

1 John 4:3
And every spirit that confesses not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof you have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

ya, there are cabals of people who spend every minute of every day hating Him and scheming ways to erase Him from history and erase His people from the planet. they team up and conspire..yes, they do.

and?

we didn't know this?:)
Fantastic

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, both now, and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen

in Christ
brother Travis

S

soldierofchrist4ever24

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Seems to me the beast, false prophet and the devil are not the same person although they are in one accord (and I don't mean the Honda).
Lol bought spit coffee on the screen Nice!!! car reference lol

P

PW

If you would like to know if he really exists, I suggest reading this book on Amazon.com. Title: The Hidden Language of God A Lesson in 666. If you really want the answer to that question, it is there for you.