Will anyone miss Twinkies?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
At the bankruptcy court it is very unclear whether or not the judge will discharge the debt. There is plenty of evidence of malfeasance. A Vulture capital group took over the company basically doubled the company's debt load (from $470 million to over $1billion). They gave their management group a "bonus" of $1.5 million too. The management group took the employee's retirement funds and since they were government guaranteed funds the citizens of the US may have to fork over the money. Although it was not Bain Capitol they do essentially the same things to companies. There is no legitimate reason for Hostess to have gone under even if they had offered the union the higher wages. While the management group hides behind the loincloth that it was all "legal" it is still very wrong. Hopefully the bankruptcy judge will slam this one back in the face of Hostess management and tell them to go back and do it all over again right. That judge can reverse the bonuses, can reverse the pay raises for management and force them to negotiate with the union.

Hmmm... sounds alot like what our goverment is doing.

God bless you celestemekent, we may have different views, but you are still my sister in Jesus whom I love. :)
Im just glad there is no goverment in heaven. :)

God bless
pickles

A

AgeofKnowledge

I appreciate your honesty. It's getting so rare in this world anymore. None of us are perfected but I hope everyone here is making progress (including me). Peace.

You're right, I haven't heard all your ideas. But what you did say sounded exactly like my older brother's words, so I extrapolated that you would most likely continue down that same path. Mea culpa with the premature.

A

AgeofKnowledge

"Time finally ran out for Hostess Brands on Wednesday, as a bankruptcy judge gave preliminary approval for the company to shut down after 82 years in business. A last-ditch attempt to mediate a pay-and-benefits dispute between the company and its Bakery Workers union failed. The decision by Judge Robert Drain sets the stage for the company to start selling its assets -- including its bakeries, brands and recipes."

Hostess closing gets OK from judge - Nov. 21, 2012

Jan 16, 2011
Where I live they don't sell twinkies, however I always remember them talking about twinkies in American shows and commercials on tv. One year my family and I went to North Dakota for a holiday and ill never forget the huge display of twinkies they had as you walked into wal mart! We bought a box to try them but they were too sweet for us! I think I'll miss twinkies because of how classic they were, not because they tasted the best haha

Sep 13, 2012
as anyone heard anything? the last I heard the court refused to allow them to immediately file bankruptcy and ordered talks with the union to continue

A

AgeofKnowledge

The liquidation plan of Hostess Brands was finalized by a federal bankruptcy judge on November 29, 2012. Hostess Brands, Inc. is out of business. All operations are being shut down and they are going to sell everything off.

as anyone heard anything? the last I heard the court refused to allow them to immediately file bankruptcy and ordered talks with the union to continue

Sep 13, 2012
somehow walmart here got a trucks worth of zingers, going to ebay some, they are selling for the average price of 12 bucks a box plus shipping on ebay

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
The liquidation plan of Hostess Brands was finalized by a federal bankruptcy judge on November 29, 2012. Hostess Brands, Inc. is out of business. All operations are being shut down and they are going to sell everything off.
BUT! The executives shared 1.8 million in bonuses.

God (don't) bless the 1% :mad:

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Okay, im really curious. Does twinkies taste really good? People are talking about it nonstop. hehe.
Twinkies were the lowest form of junk food... but most American's grew up eating them as children.
So even though we know they were terribly unhealthy, they're kind of a part of everyone's childhood.

It's just an emotional thing.

: )