Will God give me a spouse that will look good to me?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

Whyllow

Shockingly i know it sounds like he is a troll, but he isn't. He has been posting ridiculous questions like this for the past two years.

Anyways to dothackzero

She probably thinks your just as ugly as you think she is.. besides overweight people are hot...
I know, I just got really... really mad at how shallow and... ulg... my last boyfriend said he didn't love me anymore because I gained 5 pounds... thing was... it was all muscle, not fat.

Here's a thought Dot. What happens if your wife gains weight after she's had a couple babies? Looks don't last forever. Personality does.

May 4, 2009
I know, I just got really... really mad at how shallow and... ulg... my last boyfriend said he didn't love me anymore because I gained 5 pounds... thing was... it was all muscle, not fat.
Well then that guy is just stupid, especially if it's just muscle like you said. When I was talking not wanting a girl being over weight(when I first meet her), I was talking about something like 30-50+ extra pounds of fat.

Here's a thought Dot. What happens if your wife gains weight after she's had a couple babies? Looks don't last forever. Personality does.
Well, that's normal. Of couse I'd stay witha girl after that. I know looks don't last forever, but they still do have it's place.

Jul 13, 2009
I don't really get why someone would concern themself if GOD would bring them a good looking spouse. Just like Whyllow said, what would one do if their spouse gains weight or let's say...gets the chicken pox? Would you actually pray to God about your spouse looks? It's not only a shallow thing to do, but it seems so wrong getting GOD involved in it. Personally, I think that asking such thing to God is lacking humility.

In my opinion, relationships are based on love, among other things. If you base it on other things, they will fade away along with your relationship.

Jun 15, 2011
Don't despair, God gives you beer too. After enough beers your spouse will look good to you.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
im just chuckling over how many similar threads you post on a weekly basis dot

I hope God gives me a hot looking guy. That is all I care about. Looks. Nothing more.

*rolls eyes*

Dot, have you ever thought about seeing a psychiatrist?

R

Rheod

God will never put more on you than you can handle

M

Maddog

besides overweight people are hot...
...and sweaty.

But if you're into that kind of thing, I've got a pretty decent beer gut. Send you weak at the knees, it will (well, it does me).

M

Maddog

Basically I'm just worried that I'll get a girl that's overweight or something that I'd find really unattractive in a girl. Basically, the only reason I'm asking this is because the only girl that I know that's into the stuff that I am in real life isn't that attractive to me.
I think if you ever end up with a bird, you'll find her attractive. I'd suggest that more often than not people find their spouses physically attractive as well; that's part of the reason they end up together.

Think about it...if you don't find her attractive, why would you go out with her? You wouldn't.

Having said that, attraction isn't all about their physical appearance. It's perfectly possible to fall for someone plain or not that physically attractive but who wins you over in other areas.

The long and the short of it is: If you marry, you'll probably find her physically attractive. But on the off chance that she isn't that good looking, you'll still love her anyway. So what's the problem?

May 22, 2006
Dothack, cut out this shallow stuff. Is oral sex okay? Will God give me a hot girl? Come on man.

You know what, girls who are not as physically attractive to many people, tend to cheat less, and who knows, maybe your marriage will be based on something other than sex. Like, God forbid actual common interests, and you will gasp, have actual deep conversations with your spouse. That is what I want personally. I'm tired of "hot" girls who go around acting like princesses who the entire world owes something just because they are "pretty". I need an actual intelligent woman. There I said it.

Right on brother! And besides, He who Finds a Wife Finds a Good thing, God doesn't create anyone for anyone else and force them to be together if they don't want to, even to choose him as Lord and Savoir is a personal freedom of choice just like wanting to be with someone. Real lasting relationships are based on truth of the word of God, integrity and grow in love, without the truth as the foundation even love fades away. And I've known pretty girls who i later found unattractive just as Zeroturbulence did because of who they really turned out to be, character and integrity. On the other had, its good to find a nice balance and have God guide you and help to make the right decisions and discern things rightly and having the word of God filter all of your actions, your words and relating, and how you see people ultimately... as God would see them. :) Christian Cliches and Wishful thinking that isn't from the word doesn't apply, its just fantasy.

Last edited:
May 4, 2009
God doesn't create anyone for anyone else and force them to be together if they don't want to.
I know, but I'm planning on going the with the girl God wants me to have. and I'm just worried that she won't look good to me. I mean, I can overlook a lot of minor details, but heavier women aren't atteractive to me.

Jun 15, 2011
I know, but I'm planning on going the with the girl God wants me to have. and I'm just worried that she won't look good to me. I mean, I can overlook a lot of minor details, but heavier women aren't atteractive to me.

Its okay dot, when she's on top of you the extra mass will leave you having troubles breathing and your vision will become blurred. Then she'll look just fine, no worries dot.

G

Geo65

This is likely your best partner. The Bible tells us that He who finds a Wife (Not a woman) finds a good thing and obtains favour from God. I grew up with my grandmum, life was so easy in my teens and I was attacted to girls my age and above. At the age of eighteen, I was passively in a relationship that produced my first girl child now 28. My partner, though young was a great mother and commited lover but in my eyes she did not have the physical qualification to be my Mrs so I moved on. At the age of 24, I was attracted to another because of her long legs, pretty looks and the way she carried herself around infront of me and my friends. The relationship produced a girl child now 22. I later found out that I was just one of her many kick about guys so I had to move on. At the age of 28, I was involved in a circumstancial relation which was great, alot lot of mutual respect, I had all the support a man would dream to have from a woman but she was too far from being the one because she was short of the physical glory hoped for so I had to move on. That relationship produced a girl child now 18. At the of 32, I fell for an Intelligent, pretty, classy and responsibly girl but there was no steam in the relationship so when she got pregnant there was no attraction. The relationship produced my son and I moved after his birth. At the age of 35, I was smitten by the beauty of a girl 15 years younger. She looked to be the perfect one I had been looking for. 3months after dating we got married and within 4 years together we had 2 girls (Now 10 and 7) then Life became bouring between us, arguing every little thing, the spark dwindled. I became a milking cow only in her eyes.

I presently have 6 kids (5 girls and 1 boy). That is the only good that came out of my greed.

Think seriously before you make my stupid mistakes.

K

Kooper

I hope God gives me a hot looking guy. That is all I care about. Looks. Nothing more.

*rolls eyes*

Dot, have you ever thought about seeing a psychiatrist?
As a date or a client? xD