Will Muslim Jihadists go to heaven?

  • Thread starter Thread starter florian
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Hope I don't mess things up here. Maybe this is for another thread. A sinner can turn on TBN and find christian teachers, so called, bowing the knee to the whore of revelation, pagan most assuredly. So florian may have been influenced by all this spiritual depravity.
The rest of you are doing fine by correcting her. When you're done with her maybe we need to start renouncing vocally, much of Christendom. I'm just saying.
 
Hi everybody,
This is my first post here. I was looking for a place where I can ask some religious questions and here I am.
Now, back to the question. I think there is pretty much an agreement among Christians that not only (true) Christians will go to heaven but pagans too, and that includes Muslims for example. In order for them to be accepted in heaven they have to live a good life, so to speak. But now we have a problem. What exactly is "good"? For a Muslim who knows a different Jesus than Christians, "good" means obeying Muhammad's commandments which include killing people in the name of Islam. One such "good " Muslim is considered terrorist for the rest of the world. However for all he knows, he lives a good life.
Will he go to heaven?

I'm sure other posters have disagreed with your assumption. Everyone, including those who seem to be pretty 'good' is on their way to Hell unless their sins are forgiven. Jesus died for our sins. We can be forgiven through faith in Jesus Christ. We confess Him as Lord, believe that He died on the cross, that God raised Him from the dead, are baptized and follow Him as disciples.

I don't know if this is true about Muslim belief, but I heard that at least some of them had a belief that every Muslim had to walk a narrow walkway over hell and they all fell in, even if only for a short time for some of them. When I heard that, I thought a lot of fundamentalist Christians and Muslims share the same belief then: that all Muslims go to Hell.

As far as whether all Muslim jihadists go to Hell, I'd say no. If they repent and put their faith in Christ, they don't have to go to Hell. The Lord Jesus saved the soul of a man who persecuted Christians, who even watched the garments of the first Christian martyr (that we know about.)
 
Hope I don't mess things up here. Maybe this is for another thread. A sinner can turn on TBN and find christian teachers, so called, bowing the knee to the whore of revelation, pagan most assuredly. So florian may have been influenced by all this spiritual depravity.
The rest of you are doing fine by correcting her. When you're done with her maybe we need to start renouncing vocally, much of Christendom. I'm just saying.

Firstly, florian is a male. Secondly, whatta ya mean "renounce Christendom"?
 
Just as no one can live a sinless life so both those who have the law and those who don't still wont reach God's standards and so are in need of a Saviour.
Granted. But the question is: what do those who don't find the Saviour because he doesn't appear for them?
 
Ok, florian. I think I'm getting your drift.

Consider these truths:
The kingdom of heaven is a spiritual place.
The eternal spiritual realm is more tangible and more real than the carnal world we exist in presently.
Time is a figment of our imagination and serves no purpose in heaven.
All carnal wisdom, logic, reason, all aspects of science, space-time, bodily functions, etc. are temporary and not at all necessary in heaven.
No evil and no darkness can enter the kingdom of heaven.
No flesh/carnal thing can exist in heaven.
Anything that does not glorify God is done away with.
Jesus must know you (be acquainted with you intimately) in order for you to enter heaven.
If Jesus is not your intimate companion, you may not enter heaven.
It does not matter if you know Jesus, Jesus must know YOU intimately for you to spend eternity with Him.
No workers of iniquity (people who are wise in their own eyes) can enter heaven.
You must love unconditionally (including loving your enemies and the least of humanity) to enter heaven.

Actually, no man or woman can enter heaven by any efforts of their own. It is only through surrendering your logical mind to Christ Jesus and abandoning yourself to the Holy Spirit's control that you can even begin to "see" the truth. And even then, there are still awesome eternal things only God the Father comprehends and will reveal to us when we are face to face with Him.

All that said, I just trust Him because He is always faithful to me.
Nice words but it doesn't answer my concrete questions. I don't know if they can be really answered but at least we can try.
 
I'm sure other posters have disagreed with your assumption. Everyone, including those who seem to be pretty 'good' is on their way to Hell unless their sins are forgiven. Jesus died for our sins. We can be forgiven through faith in Jesus Christ. We confess Him as Lord, believe that He died on the cross, that God raised Him from the dead, are baptized and follow Him as disciples.

I don't know if this is true about Muslim belief, but I heard that at least some of them had a belief that every Muslim had to walk a narrow walkway over hell and they all fell in, even if only for a short time for some of them. When I heard that, I thought a lot of fundamentalist Christians and Muslims share the same belief then: that all Muslims go to Hell.

As far as whether all Muslim jihadists go to Hell, I'd say no. If they repent and put their faith in Christ, they don't have to go to Hell. The Lord Jesus saved the soul of a man who persecuted Christians, who even watched the garments of the first Christian martyr (that we know about.)
The problem with Muslims is even more complicated than with the other ppl who don't know Christ. They actually know him very well, up to a point, he's part of Islam. But Islam functions on a very different value system so showing them the real Christ is almost impossible. For example in Islam persecuting Christians is almost a duty for every good Muslim.
 
You asked what happens to those who don't find the Saviour, I personally believe the vast majority of people in the world today have had the opportunity to hear about Jesus and so if they choose to reject him they will face an eternity separated from God in hell. If you asking about some unreached tribe, I will have to trust in God's, justice, love and mercy if they are saved it will be through the Lord Jesus Christ. The Lord Jesus appeared to Paul on the road to Damascus and so God can reach those unreached people and reveal the Lord Jesus to them. However I do feel the awesome responsibility to pray for those around me and share my faith with them when I have the opportnity.
 
Hi everybody,
This is my first post here. I was looking for a place where I can ask some religious questions and here I am.
Now, back to the question. I think there is pretty much an agreement among Christians that not only (true) Christians will go to heaven but pagans too, and that includes Muslims for example. In order for them to be accepted in heaven they have to live a good life, so to speak. But now we have a problem. What exactly is "good"? For a Muslim who knows a different Jesus than Christians, "good" means obeying Muhammad's commandments which include killing people in the name of Islam. One such "good " Muslim is considered terrorist for the rest of the world. However for all he knows, he lives a good life.
Will he go to heaven?

Florian, I believe the Bible makes it very plain that there is one way to God:

Matthew 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."

John 10:9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.

This says nothing against you, Florian, but the brand of Christianity you've encountered is very obviously some modern liberal form that's been watered down with secular doctrines such as Christ saving all humanity whether or not they place their faith in him. It's the flavor of Christianity you run into in religious classes taught by loosely-theistic professors at secular universities.

Everyone falls short of God's perfection, and it is within God's right to destroy his own creation and start over when it falls short of perfection (just as a potter can smash his jar back into a lump of clay and begin again to reshape it).

Now, we as human beings were created good but were also corrupted. So we not only have evil in us but also many good virtues. In fact, the Bible very clearly speaks to the good merits of pagans, talking about their love for one another. But the Christian has a higher calling - to love those who hate them rather than to just love those who love them. After becoming saved it's not always a pleasant and smooth trip to heaven. But it's God's work through Christ that saves all who place their faith in the Gospel. If those Muslim Jihadists believed in the Gospel, then they'd be going to heaven. However, they wouldn't be Muslim then, would they? And they likely wouldn't be lopping people's heads off, because Christ tells us that his kingdom is not of this world. So the only fight Christians have on their hands is a spiritual one that is a fight over hearts and minds - not geographic territory.

Again, if these Jihadists placed their faith in the Gospel, then, yes, they'd be going to live with God after they died. So it's not about how good or bad we are. If it were about how good or bad we were, then we'd all be destined for destruction. So thank God that the Gospel is about how good God has been to us. There are two people who can forgive when a human being is wronged: 1. the human being who has been wronged and 2. God, because every human being is God's creation. He has authority over us. And we know that God's forgiveness is very great for all those who seek him and find him. But we have this solemn warning, too:

Hosea 4:6 My people perish for lack of knowledge [...]

So it becomes apparent that we must first know what the Gospel is and how God wishes for us to come to him. We must come to him on his terms.
 
Hi everybody,
This is my first post here. I was looking for a place where I can ask some religious questions and here I am.
Now, back to the question. I think there is pretty much an agreement among Christians that not only (true) Christians will go to heaven but pagans too, and that includes Muslims for example. In order for them to be accepted in heaven they have to live a good life, so to speak. But now we have a problem. What exactly is "good"? For a Muslim who knows a different Jesus than Christians, "good" means obeying Muhammad's commandments which include killing people in the name of Islam. One such "good " Muslim is considered terrorist for the rest of the world. However for all he knows, he lives a good life.
Will he go to heaven?


Only those who worship The Creator as He has revealed Himself to be, Triune, will make it to Heaven.

Narrow is the path...
 
You asked what happens to those who don't find the Saviour, I personally believe the vast majority of people in the world today have had the opportunity to hear about Jesus and so if they choose to reject him they will face an eternity separated from God in hell. If you asking about some unreached tribe, I will have to trust in God's, justice, love and mercy if they are saved it will be through the Lord Jesus Christ. The Lord Jesus appeared to Paul on the road to Damascus and so God can reach those unreached people and reveal the Lord Jesus to them. However I do feel the awesome responsibility to pray for those around me and share my faith with them when I have the opportnity.
The number doesn't count, as I said. Even one is enough. I am not talking about some unreached tribe even if I include them. There are all sorts of ppl who don't know Christ: children, mentally ill, Muslims and so on. Jesus appeared to Paul because God had a special mission for him but this doesn't apply to everyone. And. if I mentioned children, what happens with the children that die at the age of one year for example? They didn't have a chance to know Christ. Are they damned?
 
Florian, I believe the Bible makes it very plain that there is one way to God:

Matthew 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."

John 10:9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.

So it becomes apparent that we must first know what the Gospel is and how God wishes for us to come to him. We must come to him on his terms.
Yes but it only applies to ppl who see the gate or who know that a Gospel exist.
 
The problem with Muslims is even more complicated than with the other ppl who don't know Christ. They actually know him very well, up to a point, he's part of Islam. But Islam functions on a very different value system so showing them the real Christ is almost impossible. For example in Islam persecuting Christians is almost a duty for every good Muslim.

Granted. But the question is: what do those who don't find the Saviour because he doesn't appear for them?

relax, (sort of). Yahweh is perfect, and perfectly just also, and perfectly merciful also.

believe it or not, Yahweh says in His Word what happens on judgment day for those who have not been

brought into His flock on earth. those who reject Yahshua, who reject Yahweh's Way, like roman rcc catholics who trust men instead of trusting Yahweh, are raised to shame and judgment.
if they trust Yahweh, and not men, then they are treated just like muslims who trust Yahweh,and not men -- Yahweh judges them according to His Perfect Wisdom and Justice ,
as it is written, those outside the ekklesia, Yahweh judges. (yes, also, it is written He has given all judgment to Yahshua. This is Perfect in His Way and Plan and Purpose and Knowledge. No discrepancy in Hiim.

so if you are wondering if Yahweh the Creator will be good and just or just plain evil towards the millions or billions who may never hear the truth of Yahshua Hamashiach,


you can relax in that regard and trust Him to Be Always Perfect in Mercy and Justice and Truth. This is as

it is written (you will perhaps have to find it eventually to know in perfect peace His Way). A lot of so-called believers
never find out..... they may or may not be judged themselves, it is entirely in Yahweh's Realm to do.
 
And that's the problem. Their conscience, baked by Islam, tells them that they are doing a good thing. Is it fair to dismiss them?

Yahweh is not fair. He is Perfect and Just, Righteous and Holy, without any defect nor shadow nor injustice.
 
Yes but it only applies to ppl who see the gate or who know that a Gospel exist.

If the Gospel exists simply to give people an unnecessary hurdle to jump over in order to reach heaven, then it's not much of a Gospel (i.e., Good-News). That is, why would there need to be a Gospel or even a Great Commission in which we are sent out by Jesus to preach the Gospel if people are already saved without it? Informing them of this extra knowledge then would do nothing to help them on their way to heaven but just put a stumbling block in front of them. As far as I can see at least...

There are some people from the Old Testament mentioned in the New Testament as being at the "Wedding Supper" such as Abraham and Moses I think. This proves that at least these individuals from the Old Testament are saved. But I think if mention of these individuals as being saved occurs in the New Testament - the same series of books that claims one must come to a knowledge of and faith in the Gospel in order to be saved - then their salvation still must be understood in terms of the Gospel.

Jesus doesn't just claim to be the Narrow Gate - he claims to be the only way to the Father. And it's interesting that there are messianic prophecies in the Old Testament, including one about the future Messiah being "The Lord Our Righteousness" and cleansing the people of their sins, etc. So I don't think we can just assume those in the Old Testament knew nothing of the Messiah or of the Gospel. Especially when there was a whole sacrificial system set up by God that didn't make any sense if it were supposed to have been sufficient in and of itself to cleanse us of our sins:

Hebrews 10:11 Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.

This becomes easier to see, I think, when we realize that the high priest was first supposed to offer a sacrifice for himself before he offered a sacrifice on the People's behalf. If he had to cleanse himself first before he could intercede to cleanse the rest of Israel, then how could he intercede at all? There had to be a real Intercessor all along.

I think you used the passage that claims that those who are without the law perish and are judged without it. But you have to understand as well that every man has offended his own conscience and become guilty in his own eyes at some point in his life. Hence, their being "a law unto themselves." Every man needs the Gospel.
 
We know good from evil , even the pagan. Islam is the religion of anti-Christ denying both the Father and the Son as a profession of faith. It is God who judges not humanity, just because a person believes he is doing good by killing innocent people does not justify him before God, but reveals that he is of his father the devil. All jihadists are of the evil one, and have no hope of salvation loving the darkness rather than coming o the light.
 
I think you used the passage that claims that those who are without the law perish and are judged without it. But you have to understand as well that every man has offended his own conscience and become guilty in his own eyes at some point in his life. Hence, their being "a law unto themselves." Every man needs the Gospel.
How about toddlers who died?