Will Muslim Jihadists go to heaven?

  • Thread starter Thread starter florian
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
God gives everyone free choice.He knows whats in a persons heart.They are still capable of accepting Christ.
They may, but Christ doesn't appear in their life so they couldn't express this capability.
 
Actually there are enough doubts. If you search Internet you'll see that not everybody agrees with this.

It doesn't matter.The Bible teaches you must accept Christ,you have to be of an age to understand this.A baby cant sign a contract,why? Gods mercy covers children.Yes I know you'll find people that disagree,mainly Catholics taught this but it is a false teaching.The concept is there.You must be able to use your free will to accept Christ,a baby,a child cannot do that.
 
They may, but Christ doesn't appear in their life so they couldn't express this capability.

I watched a video of a Muslim that converted to Christianity.He said Christ appeared to him.He began to read the Bible and became a Christian. Christ can appear to anyone Muslims included.
 
It doesn't matter.The Bible teaches you must accept Christ, you have to be of an age to understand this.A baby cant sign a contract,why? Gods mercy covers children.Yes I know you'll find people that disagree,mainly Catholics taught this but it is a false teaching.The concept is there.You must be able to use your free will to accept Christ,a baby,a child cannot do that.
It matters at least because it means that things are not so clear. I'm not very familiar with Catholic doctrine but, AFAIK, their teaching about this is related to baptized children, not every child in general. Other than that, confusion about this comes from all parts of Christianity.
 
I watched a video of a Muslim that converted to Christianity.He said Christ appeared to him.He began to read the Bible and became a Christian. Christ can appear to anyone Muslims included.
Maybe but it doesn't happen to many Muslims
 
It matters at least because it means that things are not so clear. I'm not very familiar with Catholic doctrine but, AFAIK, their teaching about this is related to baptized children, not every child in general. Other than that, confusion about this comes from all parts of Christianity.

Not sure what the initials stand for but the teaching came from the RC church.A child cannot be baptized either.Again not at the age of understanding.
 
Maybe but it doesn't happen to many Muslims

God can and does reveal himself to people of all religions.Missionaries have gone to countries they though knew nothing of God and found the people were already Christians.They say they had a vision.If God will do it for one He will for another.If you seek you find.If you want to stay in darkness you will.God will reveal himself to those that seek him.Muslims are deceived,that is why its more important than ever for Christians to spread the gospel.
 
God can and does reveal himself to people of all religions.Missionaries have gone to countries they though knew nothing of God and found the people were already Christians.They say they had a vision.If God will do it for one He will for another.If you seek you find.If you want to stay in darkness you will.God will reveal himself to those that seek him.Muslims are deceived,that is why its more important than ever for Christians to spread the gospel.
Yes God can but he doesn't for everybody. And missionaries can't reach everybody.
 
Yes God can but he doesn't for everybody. And missionaries can't reach everybody.

Yes florian he does for everyone who wants to know Him.He is available to all who seek Him.There is that God shaped hole in all of us.If we seek we find or God is a liar and respecter of persons.I had a friend who found the Lord in a bar.A drunk friend told him he needed to get saved and it would solve his problems.He got saved on the testimony of a drunk man.God can come to anyone,anywhere in the world.The Bible says there is no excuse.
 
Sorry but that's not true. Here is an example of such doubts and why the subject is indeed a difficult one, from an author who is not Catholic:
Do babies and others incapable of professing faith in Christ automatically go to heaven?
Oh and AFAIK = As Far As I Know


Yes the site is Baptist.I believe there are Calvinists that believe the same thing,though not all.Still the RC is older than the Calvinist faith and this is a Catholic teaching.And it is wrong teaching. Unfortunately false teachers sprang up in the RC church and this was one of the teachings.The Bible says you must confess with your mouth that He is Lord.Can a baby do that? No.Nor can a child understand it.
 
Thanks for all the answers. First of all I'd like to ensure everybody that I'm not a troll. I really think I can have some meaningful discussions here. Next, many people here seem to consider that Christ and his teachings are obvious for everyone. Well it's not quite the case.
Now I'd like you to postpone for a while my initial question and try to discuss the more general one: heaven for non-Christians. There are passages in Bible that talk about this, I don't have them handy but I'll find them. Until then there are several facts that we know:
1) There are people before Christ that were taken to heaven and, if you consider the Harrowing of Hell, a lot of them actually including Adam
2) There were, are and will be people who don't know Christ for various reasons. There are many of them actually but the number doesn't count, even only one would be enough. What happens with all these people, are they damned?

as for the current/ future: Jesus will not return until all nations know the gospel, at which point they either believe or they don't

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a witness to all the nations, and then the end shall come.(NAS, Matthew 24:14)
 
How about toddlers who died?

How about them, Florian? What does the Bible say? There is evidence in the Bible to suggest that children who die make it to the Kingdom of Heaven. And on more than a single verse. Jews today even have an age of accountability at which they believe a person first becomes accountable for the sins they commit. I'm not saying they're right. But we all know that God is a merciful God and that he works within his own rules - bending their traditional interpretation sometimes but never breaking them - to show his mercy.

What we do know from the New Testament - the latest revelation - is that Christ appears to be the way to the Father. Anything else is supposition. That's not to say that people who have never heard the Gospel can't make it to the First Resurrection - the resurrection of the righteous. Perhaps God will reveal it to them on their death bed. I think C. S. Lewis held that opinion.

At any rate, will Muslim Jihadists go to heaven? I don't think any of us goes to heaven or is destined for heaven. I think the righteous are destined for eternal life in the new creation, but that doesn't mean heaven. Heaven is where God's throne is. And Muslim Jihadists, having not accepted the Gospel, will probably not even go to "hell." At least not what is considered hell in the modern sense. I believe their souls will be consumed by hell fire from God and they will afterward cease to exist though. And if there are any false prophets among their ranks, then I'm relatively sure they will be thrown into hell with Satan and suffer for eternity.

I think the depiction of the afterlife in the Bible and the modern concept of the afterlife are quite different. There are degrees of reward in Paradise, so it makes sense that there will be degrees of punishment for the damned. But when it comes to toddlers, I really don't know what happens to them. I only know that the surest way to enter into eternal life is through the Gospel. For everything else we must trust in God's justice, because he declares himself just. And we know from Jesus' example that he holds himself to a high standard.
 
Last edited:
At any rate, will Muslim Jihadists go to heaven? I don't think any of us goes to heaven or is destined for heaven. I think the righteous are destined for eternal life in the new creation, but that doesn't mean heaven. Heaven is where God's throne is. And Muslim Jihadists, having not accepted the Gospel, will probably not even go to "hell." At least not what is considered hell in the modern sense. I believe their souls will be consumed by hell fire from God and they will afterward cease to exist though. And if there are any false prophets among their ranks, then I'm relatively sure they will be thrown into hell with Satan and suffer for eternity.
Thanks, this is the kind of answer I was looking for. Now, can we define "righteous"?
 
Thanks, this is the kind of answer I was looking for. Now, can we define "righteous"?

Abraham was considered righteous by God because of his faith. I think it's the same with us today. This goes back to the prophecy about one of the names of the Messiah being "The Lord our Righteousness." In effect, we are not righteous. But we are counted righteous if we put our faith in him, because he is our righteousness.
 
as for the current/ future: Jesus will not return until all nations know the gospel, at which point they either believe or they don't

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a witness to all the nations, and then the end shall come.(NAS, Matthew 24:14)
Correct. However there is some confusion in my head about this. What happens with the souls (good or bad) until then?