Will people who miss the rapture have a chance to be saved?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Is this before or after the Resurrection?
the resurrection of the dead is the end

“And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:13-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

so we want to be part of this resurrection now accepting the book of life

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24-25‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and Not this one later which is spoken of there in revelation

“Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:28-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

we can do this and not have to be part of that resurrection of the dead

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:51‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The gospel offers us life now through repentance and hearing the truth ahead of time so we can have our sins remitted and not have to answer for them Later

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
Hebrew 9:27 says men only die once. But those left behind at the rapture do not die; they are still very much alive. It is not a "second chance" that they are getting. It is still their first life and their first chance.
As I stated, you can't "assume" there is a rapture of the church. This is why I quoted Hebrews 9:28 which clearly states, "so Christ also having been offered once to bear the sins of many shall appear "A SECOND TIME" without sin unto salvation to those who eagerly await Him."

So Chester, can you please tell me if this second appearance is the rapture of the church or the one and only second coming? Also, notice the last part of the verse which says, "to those who eagerly await Him." Only Christians are the ones awaiting for the second coming, not non Christians.

Now what I'm about to say is very important and I find it "ironic" that the writer of Hebrews backs up what the Apostle Paul stated at 2 Thessalonians 1:4-11. I will only quote part of the verses, not all of them. Vs4, "therefore, we ourselves speak proudly of you among the churches of God for (or why) you perseverance and faith in the midst of all your persecutions and affliction which you endure.

Vs5, "This is a plain indication of God's righteous judgment so that you may be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which in deed you are suffering. Vs 6, For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you. VERSE 7, "and to give REST/RELIEF to you who are afflicted and to us as well "WHEN?" When will we get this rest or relief? When the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire."

Vs8, dealing out retribution to those who do not know God etc. Vs 9, And these will pay the penalty of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord etc. So Christians will be persecuted and please tell me Chester, "WHEN" do we get rest? And when will the Lamb's supper take place, before or after the second coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ?

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

May 22, 2020
the resurrection of the dead is the end

“And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:13-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

so we want to be part of this resurrection now accepting the book of life

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24-25‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and Not this one later which is spoken of there in revelation

“Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:28-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

we can do this and not have to be part of that resurrection of the dead

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:51‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The gospel offers us life now through repentance and hearing the truth ahead of time so we can have our sins remitted and not have to answer for them Later
I hope you mean...resurrection of the dead who are lost...?

Aug 2, 2021
My question is those who miss the rapture will they have a chance to be saved? Thank you

Rapture Truth #1.
) Rapture occurs at His Second Coming - not before = 1 Thess 1:10 , 4:13-18 , 2 Thess 2:1-3 , 1 John ch2 & ch3

Rapture Truth #2.) "as in the days of Noah, so shall the return of the son of man be" Matt ch24
Whoever was not in Noah's Ark when God poured out His wrath, the Flood, PERISHED/DIED/LOST/REMOVED/TAKEN AWAY in JUDGMENT.

Rapture Truth #3.) JESUS warns us of the false pre-trib rapture doctrine = Matt ch24
"At that time, if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There He is!’ do not believe it. 24For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible. 25See, I have told you in advance."

Rapture Truth #4.) The KING of kings, the LORD, will leave none of His Elect behind = 2 Timothy 2:14-19

Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers. 15Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 16But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness. 17And their message will spread like cancer. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of this sort, 18who have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some. 19Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”

Rapture Truth #5.) There is only one Second Coming of Christ for His Saints/Elect/Church = Hebrews 9:27-28 , 1 Cor ch15
And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, 28so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed

LoveBrokeThru

Mar 17, 2022
My question is those who miss the rapture will they have a chance to be saved? Thank you
Yes.

But because the "time of the Gentiles" has ended, you have a different situation.
Its called the Great Tribulation.
These are not the same, as God is again dealing with the Jew, as well as with the Christ rejectors.
Those who are left behind, will not be giving "the gospel of the Grace of God", that is the "Gift of Salvation", as this ENDS, when the "time of the gentiles ends", as that OFFER of "The Gospel of the Grace of God" is not what the 144,000 are preaching.
So, the verse: = "endure to the end" comes into play, and so does faith, and so does, law keeping.

Grace is NOW. .... and This ends when the Grt Trib starts.

Isaskar

Nov 13, 2021
My short answer is, No. Although there is a theory that there will be 'unsaved' remaining alive after the second coming/rapture, I don't agree because I see the second coming as the simultaneous, respectively, time of God's salvation and wrath, so those that "missed the rapture," not having either been resurrected in or changed to incorruptible bodies, will subsequently die from the various plagues poured out upon the earth, and will not 'live again' until the thousand years are finished. There's the notion that the saved will rule, the nations, with Christ so there has to be people there that are ruled but, I think, that's not necessarily true, that these 'ruled' have to be 'unsaved' I mean. That is, considering a ruling people can be a certain collective and, in this case, the collective includes "all the nations," or all those remaining from all the nations, that worship God.
It does have to be unsaved people who they are ruling because after the millennium people will be incited by the devil to rebel once more.

Aug 2, 2021
Yes.

But because the "time of the Gentiles" has ended, you have a different situation.
Its called the Great Tribulation.
These are not the same, as God is again dealing with the Jew, as well as with the Christ rejectors.
Those who are left behind, will not be giving "the gospel of the Grace of God", that is the "Gift of Salvation", as this ENDS, when the "time of the gentiles ends", as that OFFER of "The Gospel of the Grace of God" is not what the 144,000 are preaching.
So, the verse: = "endure to the end" comes into play, and so does faith, and so does, law keeping.

Grace is NOW. .... and This ends when the Grt Trib starts.
There is no separation from Jew and Gentile in the Body of Christ and you misunderstand Paul's instruction on the matter as well as the LORD's commandment.

"For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.
What therefore God hath joined together, let not man separate." Mark 10:8-9

When you begin with a false foundation = pre-trib rapture = you continue down a path of error to support your beginning error.

Jan 12, 2022
Yes, most people will not be "raptured".

Look forward to the resurrection rather, for Jesus was crucified and resurrected. Jesus is called the resurrection and also the Way and also called the first fruits of the resurrection. This is a very important part of why God sent Jesus. Jesus is both the resurrection and the life in and of themselves, but he is also the example too of the resurrection being himself crucified and the first resurrected so that the promises of God's Word (which is also Jesus) might be shown through him.

May 22, 2020
It does have to be unsaved people who they are ruling because after the millennium people will be incited by the devil to rebel once more.
Well.... ..please list your reference because scripture I know of says.....at the end of the millennium period satan will be released a little season to test the people. Obviously referring to the millennium members.
I know of nothing which says satan will be successful in inciting......from the 1611 edition of KJV.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
You mean when the thousand years are finished? At which time both the devil will be release and 'the rest of the dead will not live again until..."?

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
Basically, if there is a Rapture (I believe there is, but that isn't your question, is it?), those that are left behind will, in fact, be able to repent and turn to Christ, however, it is hypothesized by theologians that Holy Spirit leaves. One of the motivators of repentance is Holy Spirit moving to bring remorse and conviction, which allows us to choose Christ. So, while we know it is not impossible for those left behind to be saved, it will be far more difficult to choose Christ, especially when you will die for doing so (many murders will happen then for Christians, more so than the martyrs of today) and it will be much harder to continue living for Christ after choosing Him, for a myriad of reasons.

Many people are caught up in proving the Rapture does or does not happen...but that isn't the issue here, really. Semantics makes so many different things get lost and people want so desperately to prove how right they are and how wrong others are...essentially straining at gnats.

We need to choose Christ and live for Him now. That is the point. We need to live our lives for Christ and seek His will and kingdom and to call others to Him with our words and deeds while it is still day...and if the Rapture happens, we will leave then, and if it doesn't and the Lord returns, we'll be ready for Him, and that is the true point.

Getting caught up in the endless circular debates about the Rapture is distracting. If you're a believer and you're in the Lamb's Book of Life, if there's a Rapture, you're not left behind, and if there isn't, it makes no difference. You're still His and you're still secure.

Isaskar

Nov 13, 2021
Well.... ..please list your reference because scripture I know of says.....at the end of the millennium period satan will be released a little season to test the people. Obviously referring to the millennium members.
I know of nothing which says satan will be successful in inciting......from the 1611 edition of KJV.
Where it says "fire reigned down from heaven and consumed them" meaning some people were succesfully incited to rebellion.

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
Those who miss the rapture can repent and become born again thereby be prepared for judgement and reward of eternal salvation.

However, they will be martyred by the AC during the trib. period. As I understand scriptures related to the subject their plight will not be very nice since the Ac will want to make examples out of them for pure political control purposes.
Some look at this as a second chance.

Not a chance I would want to take.
I asked for your Scripture references to your beliefs you responded claiming you dont go on wild goose chases ... So using Scripture to back your beliefs in God and HIs word is a wild goose chase ?

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
Jesus spoke of his resurrection, the first fruits, and he spoke of the last resurrection, the gleanings, mainly Israel.
How about the Scripture quotes?

May 22, 2020
I asked for your Scripture references to your beliefs you responded claiming you dont go on wild goose chases ... So using Scripture to back your beliefs in God and HIs word is a wild goose chase ?

You miss understand....what were you asking for scripture reference about...my beliefs...? we would be here all year because I must say...the 1680 edition of the KJV Bible.
Does that help?

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
Those who miss the rapture can repent and become born again thereby be prepared for judgement and reward of eternal salvation.
Which are your Scripture references for your beliefs in the above quote?
However, they will be martyred by the AC during the trib. period. As I understand scriptures related to the subject their plight will not be very nice since the Ac will want to make examples out of them for pure political control purposes.
Some look at this as a second chance.
Which are your Scripture references for your beliefs in the above quote?
Not a chance I would want to take.

Aug 2, 2021
Pre-trib rapture never came out of the Mouth of God.
Always remember that the Word says = "no lie comes from the truth."

Pre-trib rapture is a religion unto itself - not unto Christ.