Will the mark alone send a person to eternal damnation?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EleventhHour

The mark of the beast is the "Sign of the Cross"
I am pretty sure it is not.

You know the Catholic Church is aware of what is in the Bible... strange how everything seems to line up so well right down to the colors... that should be a clue to look elsewhere.

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
I am pretty sure it is not.

You know the Catholic Church is aware of what is in the Bible... strange how everything seems to line up so well right down to the colors... that should be a clue to look elsewhere.
It sounds that you are not familiar with the following verses so I will share them with you.

2 Corinthians 4 :3-4
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The number of man is 666. Would that not be the natural man? Any un-regenerated person? Someone with the spirit of anti-Christ?

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
The number of man is 666. Would that not be the natural man?
What do you mean natural man? I think you mean to broaden the context of 666 to the point where it becomes meaningless or arbitrary. For example it can be applied to most anything and therefore it means nothing.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
What do you mean natural man? I think you mean to broaden the context of 666 to the point where it becomes meaningless or arbitrary. For example it can be applied to most anything and therefore it means nothing.
Really? 666 is defined in Scripture as the number of man. How could it be a person in Christ? Would it not be a person with the spirit of anti-Christ? How is that meaningless? One either believes in the shed righteous blood of Christ to pay our sin debt and live forever after, or disbelieves and dies the second death. I do not count any of that as meaningless.

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
Really? 666 is defined in Scripture as the number of man. How could it be a person in Christ? Would it not be a person with the spirit of anti-Christ? How is that meaningless? One either believes in the shed righteous blood of Christ to pay our sin debt and lives, or disbelieves and dies the second death. I do not count any of that as meaningless.
Then my apologies.

Rev 13:18
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

The 666 man is the dead man on the crucifix. The dead man hanging on the crucifix is a natural man.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Then my apologies.

Rev 13:18
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

The 666 man is the dead man on the crucifix. The dead man hanging on the crucifix is a natural man.
HELPS Word-studies
444 ánthrōposman, also the generic term for "mankind"; the human race;
people, including women and men (Matthew 4:19, 12:12, etc.).

Who is this dead man on a crucifix of whom you speak? :unsure:

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
I hope you are not trying to tell us that you think Jesus is the antichrist. That would be rather oxymoronic.
Why do you say that the dead man on the cross is jesus?

Isn't Jesus alive in heaven? Then why would he be depicted as dead on a cross?

What does Exodus 20:4-6 clearly tell us?

Exodus 20:4-6
“You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Attachments

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
Exactly, who is this dead man left hanging on the cross? You tell me.
I hope you are not trying to tell us that you think Jesus is the antichrist. That would be rather oxymoronic.
Why do you say that the dead man on the cross is jesus?

Isn't Jesus alive in heaven? Then why would he be depicted as dead on a cross?

What does Exodus 20:4-6 clearly tell us?

Exodus 20:4-6
“You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
What does Romans 1:22-23 tell us?

Romans 1:22-23
Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
1 John 2:22-23

22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
KJV

Heb 1:8

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
KJV
The deity of Christ is clear in the Bible!

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
While the mark of the beast of seven heads and ten horns is that of the beasts system, it also is the number of a man. And as it is the number of a single individual, that individual would then represent the beasts mouth (the AC). The beasts mouth, who is also described as a little horn who emerges from one of the beasts ten horns in Daniel 7, appears again in Daniel 8, with one of his characteristics being that of a narcissist who magnifies himself. The mark of this individual is then something that appeases his narcissism by seeing his name or number on everyone.

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
1 John 2:22-23

22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
KJV

Heb 1:8

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
KJV
The deity of Christ is clear in the Bible!
What are you implying, that I am denying Jesus Christ of Nazareth as LORD because I reject the crucifix?
Don't most evangelicals reject the crucifix?
Why do evangelicals reject the crucifix if that is truly Jesus in representation? Hmmm?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The crucifix has real spiritual power in it. Are you aware of this? But the question is which spiritual power???

I contend that Rev 13:15 has all be fulfilled as well.

Rev 13:15
And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

The image of the man 666 on the crucifix came alive and spoke to Francis of Assisi
https://secularfranciscansusa.org/wp-content/uploads/San-Damiano-Crucifix-PowerPoint-Text.pdf

The image of the man 666 on the crucifix came alive and spoke to Thomas Aquinas
https://www.buzzsprout.com/769082/2547223-jesus-speaks-to-saint-thomas-aquinas-from-the-crucifix

The image of the man 666 on the crucifix came alive and closed his eyes.
https://www.miraclesofthechurch.com/2010/10/miraculous-crucifix-of-limpias-jesus.html

The popes [2nd Beast] has given authorization to these miracles. Thus he has power to give life and breathe to the image.

Oh and then there is the inquisitions where those who refused to worship the image of the man 666 on the crucifix were killed.
Just look at the numbers killed in the Spanish inquisition alone.

From Google: "Estimates of the number killed by the Spanish Inquisition, which Sixtus IV [2nd Beast] authorised in a papal bull in 1478, have ranged from 30,000 to 300,000. Some historians are convinced that millions died. "

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
While the mark of the beast of seven heads and ten horns is that of the beasts system, it also is the number of a man. And as it is the number of a single individual, that individual would then represent the beasts mouth (the AC). The beasts mouth, who is also described as a little horn who emerges from one of the beasts ten horns in Daniel 7, appears again in Daniel 8, with one of his characteristics being that of a narcissist who magnifies himself. The mark of this individual is then something that appeases his narcissism by seeing his name or number on everyone.
The Dead man on the Crucifix represents both the Roman Empire (1st Beast) and Roman Catholic Church (2nd Beast).

Yes, worship of the dead man on the cross does appease Satan's narcissism.
Because on that original Good Friday it appeared that Satan defeated the Christ and Messiah.
But where Satan's loss became apparent and real was on Resurrection Sunday.

The Catholic Church perpetually hangs a dead man (meant to be a dead Jesus), and repeatedly re-sacrifices him which is glorification to the momentary victory that Satan had perceived on that original Good Friday.

Worship of the Catholic Mass is the reliving of Satan's perceived victory over Christ on that original Good Friday. Understand?

But we know that victory of our LORD was on Resurrection Sunday, and the CROSS IS EMPTY!!!!!!!!

E

EleventhHour

It sounds that you are not familiar with the following verses so I will share them with you.

2 Corinthians 4 :3-4
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
I am thinking you did not understand my point .. not about understanding the Gospel.

MyrtleTrees

Sep 5, 2014
You're correct! Catholicism is a false religion, and fails to preach and teach that salvation comes through Jesus, alone! It also teaches people t pray to others besides Jesus alone! But the Bible says to pray to NO ONE except to the one and only true God, through Jesus. Jesus was God come down in the form of human flesh. And now, He is in the world, in the form of God's Spirit. And God's Spirit indwells all true children of God.

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
I am thinking you did not understand my point .. not about understanding the Gospel.
1) You went to the defense of the Roman Catholic Church saying they are "aware of what is in the bible", meaning they understand the bible. You used worldly logic and sided with a global scholarly religious institution to immediately discredit my consistent and thorough analysis of the gospel.

But the power of the Word and the Holy Spirit is not of this world.
That is why a lowly shepard boy was able to become a wise and great king, and why a scholarly global and wealthy religious institution serves in error.

E

EleventhHour

1) You went to the defense of the Roman Catholic Church saying they are "aware of what is in the bible", meaning they understand the bible. You used worldly logic and sided with a global scholarly religious institution to immediately discredit my consistent and thorough analysis of the gospel.

But the power of the Word and the Holy Spirit is not of this world.
That is why a lowly shepard boy was able to become a wise and great king, and why a scholarly global and wealthy religious institution serves in error.
Was not defending the Catholic Church at all... no "aware" of means simply that.
My point is all the symbols and colors of scripture are not unknown to them.
You sure are defensive.