U
Ukorin
Guest
I guess we'll be all spread out in Heaven? What?!Yes it says 'AFTER'. We all can see that.
Specifically FROM HEAVEN. as the word states.( they are IN HEAVEN ...during the gt...connect the dots)
I guess we'll be all spread out in Heaven? What?!Yes it says 'AFTER'. We all can see that.
Specifically FROM HEAVEN. as the word states.( they are IN HEAVEN ...during the gt...connect the dots)
Just looked it up.I can't help but think of the Blondie song every time I hear the word....apologies....carry on.
I guess we'll be all spread out in Heaven? What?!
A parable is a story within a story. .....overly simple,never complicated.Take a parable literally, but not a clear section?
That's like those that say that we should interpret the teaching sections in light of the prophetic sections,
rather than letting the clear teaching sections guide us in interpreting the prophetic.
No point in debating, as you seperate the Church from Israel. Until you recognize that all salvation is through Christ, and that all those Redeemed are part of His Body, and that His Body is the Church... We cannot see eye to eye on prophecy.
Simple yes,A parable is a story within a story. .....overly simple,never complicated.
The bride/groom dimension is the key....the blatantly obvious,unmistakable key.
Mention of ecclesia is not needed, as Israel and Church are not separable faiths.The legit question is not if we will be raptured. 1 Th 4:17 says, "harpagesometha = rapiemur = "we shall be raptured" (raptured = caught up; think "harpooned"). The Rapture is simply the catching up of 1 Th 4:17.
So far so good. Of course Christians disagree on
1) its timing,
2) its relationship to the tribulation,
3) the nature of the tribulation,
4) who is raptured (just the Church?)
If you know the Lord Jesus, there is no call for quarreling over such eschatological differences of opinion.
Now I am thinking that it is somewhat remarkable that no passage on the Tribulation, never in the Olivet Discourse, never in Daniel, never in Revelation 6-18 is there any occurrence whatsoever of the "Church" (ekklesia). There is a big hiatus in Revelation. Rev 2-3 has lots to say about Church. The Church of Lavender Blue Philly Dilly is promised not to go thru the great trial coming on the earth. Then at the start of Rev 4 John is raptured and a throne room scene comes with these 24 elders having golden crowns. In Rev 6-18 a great time of trouble is delineated (Seals, Trumpets, Thunders, Vials), but there is not one occurrence of "ekklesia" in all those chapters. After those chapters there is the Bride of Christ referred to.
Why do you think "ekklesia" is absent from all those passages mentioned above? If ekklesia had been mentioned on earth as suffering or being in the midst on earth of all that suffering, would the pre-trib theory have ever been born or held?
Very true!Mention of ecclesia is not needed, as Israel and Church are not separable faiths.
Silence proves little to nothing.
Paul tends to use 'God' for the Father and 'Lord' for Jesus, though quoting the Old Testament, though he'll use translations that render YHWH with the equivalent of 'Lord.' I Corinthians 12:4-6 is a good passage to show how Paul often uses 'God' and 'Lord' in a distinct manner.
I have a question for you. Do you have a specific passage that leads you to interpret these other passages as the Lord coming to earth as being about God-- the Father, I assume you mean-- coming to earth? Where is the on-ramp for the circular highway of reasoning? I read passages like this as about the return of Christ.
And how is this in any way support for your theory? Why would Paul switch from 'Lord' to 'God' in the same sentence like this if he weren't referring to the same return of Christ that he refers to elsewhere?
Look at this verse from I Corinthians 15 and the one that follows.
[SUP]23 [/SUP]But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
[SUP]24 [/SUP]Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
Notice that 'He' in verse 24 refers to Christ, who will deliver up the kingdom to God, even the Father. This is really specific. It doesn't make much sense to switch 'his' and 'he' to be two different people. It doesn't make sense to say that 'his' in 'Christ's at His coming" not refer to Christ. You sure seem to have an agenda when you look at these texts.
I think you are jumping through hoops with your interpretation to try to make 'the last day' refer to a 24 hour time period when it doesn't have to mean that... linguistically I mean.
Nope just the resurrection then we will still be on earth alongside Christ ruling alongside in servitude to king yeshua hamashiach for a millenium
A link is on the way to you via PM.I don't really know the answer to this question, so I'd like some Biblical insight into it. Please provide a full explanation of the doctrine if you are familiar (I'm pretty blank on it), and provide solid Biblical evidence for or against the event as you are able.
Is it a Biblical doctrine or not, and what Bible verses talk about it?
Please note this well:
I am not starting this thread as a place to debate about when the rapture will happen (should it do so), but about whether the rapture will happen. Actually, I don't even mean this post to be for debate at all. All I want is to know the Truth from people who know.
I know that the timing of this event is a significant subject of debate among many of my Christian Brothers and Sisters, but for me it is good enough just to say that Jesus will win in the end! Ultimately, I don't really care when it will happen if it does, because I'm saved either way, and will never let go of Jesus... rapture or no rapture... be it Pre, Post, or Middle Tribulation. The time frame or existence of this phenomenon will not affect my Salvation, only the hour at which I meet my Lord. Hence, let all debates on the time-frame of this event be saved for different threads... I do not care when it happens, but only if it happens.
I want to believe the right thing about this doctrine, so please tell me what it is. I am completely open to either possibility (rapture or no rapture) provided I have the proof. Know that you have an unbiased/impartial audience in me. I only judge by the Bible which I hear and read, and no other standard will I use...
He returns with his saints on white horses at the end of the gtDaniel 12:1-2 "Now at that time Michael, the great prince who standsguard over the sons of your people, will arise. And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book, will be rescued.2Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgraceand everlasting contempt."
John 6:39-40 "This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.40For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."
John 6:44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.
One event. not two.