Will they cover it up?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
When I’m reading your posts I’m sometimes thinking you’re from Ireland, are you?
I was born in the UK - me "dar" was Irish from County Clare.

What yer "hearing" is Yorkshire-ism's

S

Susanna

I was born in the UK - me "dar" was Irish from County Clare.

What yer "hearing" is Yorkshire-ism's
I’ve been to Yorkshire, what part are you from?

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Millennials are living off the fat of their baby boomer parents who did the worst job raising children apparently.
The problem I see with Canada is not enough training for industry, too much reliance on raw resource export rather than using the raw resource for manufacturing - BC relies on gas imports from Washington - hows that work?

U

UnderGrace

The problem I see with Canada is not enough training for industry, too much reliance on raw resource export rather than using the raw resource for manufacturing - BC relies on gas imports from Washington - how's that work?
Definitely true....people are encouraged to pursue only higher learning and some cannot do it and they drop out and become terribly discouraged....have experienced students commit suicide because they were pushed to hard for something that was not in the cards for them.

So so sad :(

It is all about STEM....Science Technology Engineering and Math

S

Susanna

I am getting too dang angry at people here! I'm going to have to bow out of this convo.

But $T#^&*@ it!!! NOT before I force you to see what REAL starvation looks like!

View attachment 196537 View attachment 196538 View attachment 196539
View attachment 196542
You must not let anger get to you. There’s one hymn, a well known one, addressing problems comparable to this: ‘What a Friend we have in Jesus’.

‘What a friend we have in Jesus all our sins and grieves to bear.

What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer’.

Amen

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Oh cool, I’ve been to Leeds, Bradford, York and a few more places around those parts.
It's not a bad place to visit - the country side is nice. I've not been back since my dad died back in 2007.

S

Susanna

Definitely true....people are encouraged to pursue only higher learning and some cannot do it and they drop out and become terribly discouraged....have experienced students commit suicide because they were pushed to hard for something that was not in the cards for them.

So so sad :(

It is all about STEM....Science Technology Engineering and Math
This is unfortunately very true.

I wasn’t even average in school, but I’m a dyslectic and my English skills was rudimentary. No one suggested higher education lol.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
I’m sorry to hear about your dad.
He was 92 - still active, out 5 nights a week dancing - one night he fell getting out of a taxi, broke his hip, they couldn't stop internal bleeding after two rounds of surgery, 5 days later he passed away with me at his bedside.

He said he was ready - "had a good life" - he'd lost his dance partner around 6 months earlier.

S

Susanna

He was 92 - still active, out 5 nights a week dancing - one night he fell getting out of a taxi, broke his hip, they couldn't stop internal bleeding after two rounds of surgery, 5 days later he passed away with me at his bedside.

He said he was ready - "had a good life" - he'd lost his dance partner around 6 months earlier.
That’s both sad and sweet - my dad died young.

Millennials are living off the fat of their baby boomer parents who did the worst job raising children apparently.
Did you say your parents were from Italy? You have been there? It’s such a lovely country. It was a little charming that they couldn’t speak English nor French.

U

UnderGrace

That’s both sad and sweet - my dad died young.

Did you say your parents were from Italy? You have been there? It’s such a lovely country. It was a little charming that they couldn’t speak English nor French.
Yes, been there three times, I hope to go again. Too funny, yes Italians love their own language :)

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
I toured a little of Italy (south) when I was 21 driving with my bud Phil - getting change in candy at stores was a little strange.

S

Susanna

I toured a little of Italy (south) when I was 21 driving with my bud Phil - getting change in candy at stores was a little strange.
Lol, when I was there they were using both Euro and the currency they originally had, lira? Or wait a sec, maybe the lira only appeared on the receipts?

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
It must have been Lira - Euro was not out then.

I was vising Ireland with my dad and my niece Katie and her 2 year old Hannah - They'd gone metric a while before that although I was using Irish pounds.

I went into a supermarket for some cheese and bread - the prices were in both Euro and IP and weights in grams.

I said "can I have 400 grams of that cheese" pointing at it - the girl behind the counter replies in a quaint Irish tongue "How many ounces is that?" - it was all I could do to stop busting out laughing,

S

Susanna

It must have been Lira - Euro was not out then.

I was vising Ireland with my dad and my niece Katie and her 2 year old Hannah - They'd gone metric a while before that although I was using Irish pounds.

I went into a supermarket for some cheese and bread - the prices were in both Euro and IP and weights in grams.

I said "can I have 400 grams of that cheese" pointing at it - the girl behind the counter replies in a quaint Irish tongue "How many ounces is that?" - it was all I could do to stop busting out laughing,
I think America, lol, don’t know why I’m saying ‘America’, when I mean the US, must be the only country in the world not using the metric system? Hmm, but I think the road signs in the UK was not in accordance with the metric system two years back??? I might be wrong.