Will you compromise your non-negotiable?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

christian74

Oct 1, 2013
Good thread.

Non-negotiables eh? Let me see..

Kindness.
Bringing in the first fruit of your labor - tithe.
Conservative (which implies lot of things these days).
That's all I can thing of - oh, and no vegan for me.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
These lists are usually an attempt to qualify candidates for marriage when usually the most important thing is left off the list.

How do you qualify and quantify love?

An infant gets unconditional love by a mother...the baby cries and the mother does everything possible to remove the baby's discomfort....however as the child grows and matures the mother expects the child to self sooth and resolve their problems to a greater extent...

So when it comes time for an equal partner...what do you expect a spouse to need? What do you expect from a spouse? What actions will they be expected to do? What capacity for love do they have? What capacity do you have?
None of us can love the same way as God can...we are but humans and our abilities may seem to be great to ourselves because we are always growing and striving for more...but that doesn't make us equal to someone else's capacity or expectations.

Water finds its equilibrium....but not all waters are compatible.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
And some waters change with the tides. Some people you just can't match because they are so variable.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
And some waters change with the tides. Some people you just can't match because they are so variable.
And wishing never makes it so...

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I don’t use fabric softener. I stopped when I took my washing machine apart and saw how icky it was. There was green gunk every where! When I pictured that stuff on my various fabrics I stopped immediately.
A girl who doesn't use fabric slimer in the... Er, fabric softener in the laundry?

Wow...

Say, um... What are you doing this Saturday night? :sneaky::cool: