Will you go to Heaven?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
If you think people can lose their salvation.... Have you lost yours? If not how have you stayed saved? If you have how did you get it back and get to go to heaven now? Do you know you will go to heaven?

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Not sure about going to heaven.. But i will be spending eternity with my LORD Jesus where ever that may be. :)

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
If you think people can lose their salvation.... Have you lost yours?
I have not lost mine.. I believe Jesus and trust in His atonement for my salvation..

If not how have you stayed saved?
By continuing to believe Jesus and continuing to trust 100% in the atonement He secured for my salvation..

If you have how did you get it back and get to go to heaven now?
I have never lost my salvation because i have never ceased to believe and trust in Jesus since i became a Christian..

Do you know you will go to heaven?
If i continue to believe and trust in Jesus i will... It has never been hard for me to believe and trust in Jesus, Because Jesus is Perfectly Awesome :cool:

Chester

May 23, 2016
If you think people can lose their salvation.... Have you lost yours? If not how have you stayed saved? If you have how did you get it back and get to go to heaven now? Do you know you will go to heaven?
I cannot completely say about some of the early years of my life and my struggles and wrestlings - I do not worry about that. I know that today I believe in Jesus Christ and through his grace I am believing in Him - His death and resurrection - I have security in Him and eternal life as He promised! Praise the Lord!

E

eternally-gratefull

Yes,

why? The cross and the resurrection. and the seal of the spirit given to me the moment I placed my true living faith in Christ.

DJ2

Apr 15, 2017
If someone believes they have lost thier salvation, would a OSAS believer tell them:

No, you can't lose something you never had.
Trying to get use to this new format. I will try it again.

If someone believes they have lost their salvation, would a OSAS believer tell them:

1. No, you are mistaken. You must never have had salvation to begin with. You simply had a false assurance of salvation.

2. No, you are mistaken. You can not lose salvation under any condition. You are simply having a false sense of damnation.

3. Something else.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
1 John 5:11 - And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

Thanks to God's promise to those who BELIEVE, I can KNOW that I am going to Heaven. Praise God! :)

All the glory, praise, honor and credit goes to JESUS CHRIST. (y)

S

SpoonJuly

I have eternal life in Jesus.
I cannot lose that eternal life.
I can not give it back.
NO MAN can take me out of my Lord's hand.

S

Seedz

It all depends who you ask. Not everyone agrees with the potential answers to these questions.

S

Seedz

Aren't we all interpreting the word in our own way? But again, we are to not lean on our own understanding, so I guess the real question is, how do you know that you have the spirit of God and that you are interpreting everything in scripture correctly? Or better yet, how do you know you truly understand what it means to not lean in our own understanding?

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
The great divide between the haves and the have nots is the full revelation and acceptance of all that Christ's work accomplished. There is a chasm between the two, a worker that rests and one that works without rest. The toil is hard for the latter, and peace is found in the sweat of their brow. For the former, however, is rest found in Christ unto the good works prepared beforehand. Their sweat is in conformity to His will. The other is as filthy rags.

You cannot be justified by God through the shedding of His blood, and then try and find merit in self-righteousness (no matter how admirable the endeavor is to walk in holiness). Eternal security is through Christ, and anyone who reads and comprehends the work of Christ finds solace.

There are interpretations of scripture that would consider Christ's blood as common and ineffectual to truly save us from sin and reconcile us to God. To grant forgiveness and eternal redemption (Hebrews 9:12). They see that Christ offers eternal life, but that life is only given at the end (of theirs) they say. Ah, but does not the man that have Christ have eternal life (1 John 5:11)? This is faith, to believe in the One that the Father sent.

DJ2

Apr 15, 2017
1 John 5:11 - And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

Thanks to God's promise to those who BELIEVE, I can KNOW that I am going to Heaven. Praise God! :)

All the glory, praise, honor and credit goes to JESUS CHRIST. (y)
You are simply assuming that you are part of the group that the verse represents. You very well may be but you can no more "know" this then anyone else.

Hence, assurance is accorded to the believer but who is the believer is but assumed.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014

You are simply assuming that you are part of group that the verse represents. You very well may be but you can no more "know" this then anyone else.

Hence, assurance is accorded to the believer but who is the believer is but assumed.
You don't sound like you have assurance of salvation. :unsure: The believer is but assumed? From the first day of my conversion until now, I have complete assurance of salvation.

Those who truly believe in the name of the Son of God can know they have eternal life, just as God promises. :)

Musicus

Oct 26, 2017
I will never lose salvation, because God promised it, and God doesn't lie. And if I spill milk on the rug (my euphemism for sin) I won't get kicked out of the house for it, but I know I better say I'm sorry for it (and mean it!), and God still may give me a whippin'.

DJ2

Apr 15, 2017
The great divide between the haves and the have nots is the full revelation and acceptance of all that Christ's work accomplished. There is a chasm between the two, a worker that rests and one that works without rest. The toil is hard for the latter, and peace is found in the sweat of their brow. For the former, however, is rest found in Christ unto the good works prepared beforehand. Their sweat is in conformity to His will. The other is as filthy rags.

You cannot be justified by God through the shedding of His blood, and then try and find merit in self-righteousness (no matter how admirable the endeavor is to walk in holiness). Eternal security is through Christ, and anyone who reads and comprehends the work of Christ finds solace.

There are interpretations of scripture that would consider Christ's blood as common and ineffectual to truly save us from sin and reconcile us to God. To grant forgiveness and eternal redemption (Hebrews 9:12). They see that Christ offers eternal life, but that life is only given at the end (of theirs) they say. Ah, but does not the man that have Christ have eternal life (1 John 5:11)? This is faith, to believe in the One that the Father sent.
There is no "great divide", there is simply one group labeling acts of obedience as acts of merit. Attempting to push faith alone regeneration theology to its logical conculsion, antinomianism.

DJ2

Apr 15, 2017
You don't sound like you have assurance of salvation. :unsure: The believer is but assumed? From the first day of my conversion until now, I have complete assurance of salvation.

Those who truly believe in the name of the Son of God can know they have eternal life, just as God promises. :)

Musicus

Oct 26, 2017
There is no "great divide", there is simply one group labeling acts of obedience as acts of merit. Attempting to push faith alone regeneration theology to its logical conculsion, antinomianism.
This doesn't make grammatical sense; could please restate? (antinomian is also an adjective, no -ism needed).

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
People who trust in their works/performance as the basis for assurance of receiving eternal life could NEVER have absolute assurance because they could NEVER know for sure if they MEASURED UP and that is the whole deception! :eek:

DJ2

Apr 15, 2017
This doesn't make grammatical sense; could please restate? (antinomian is also an adjective, no -ism needed).
No sure what you mean by "no -ism needed".

Antinomianism (from the Greek: ἀντί, "against" + νόμος, "law"), is any view which rejects laws or legalism and is against moral, religious, or social norms (Latin: mores), or is at least considered to do so

Regardless, if you know what antinomian means you should know what antinomianism means.