Windows 10 Alert

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Siberian_Khatru

To everyone here, what would your choice? Would you go with Win 10? Or go back to/stick with an older Windows OS?

Reason why I'm asking is because I'm putting this into consideration.
All the spying people are talking about per Windows 10 is not Windows 10 exclusive; it was all back ported to Windows 8(.1) and Windows 7 as well. Moral of the story: get whatever works for you. 10 has its strong points.

Personally, I'm slowly migrating to Linux. I'm a little spent on Windows and am definitely skeptical of Microsoft, and am only keeping Windows 10 installed for when I need it.

Jan 15, 2011
Windows 10 is still better than that pile of junk known as Windows 8/8.1. I haven't had any problems with it.

As per the spying thing, I disabled Cortana and the listening portion of Windows 10 :D

Last edited:

G4JC

Feb 9, 2011
Siberian_Khatru said:
Personally, I'm slowly migrating to Linux. I'm a little spent on Windows and am definitely skeptical of Microsoft, and am only keeping Windows 10 installed for when I need it.
Excellent choice!
https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html

I would stick with Windows XP or Windows 7 if you want to have any control over your proprietary/backdoored Windows PC. Otherwise, switch to GNU/Linux. It's not that hard and you can still dual-boot Windows if you need it and if you must.

T

tanach

The main problem with moving from windows is software. If you have windows Apps they wont work on Linex or Apple so you still need Windows if you want to use them. Linex Apps are free but a bit clunky. It depends on what you use your computer for. Apple is better as far as Apps are concerned. Thats just my opinion. It comes down to individual preference.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
To everyone here, what would your choice? Would you go with Win 10? Or go back to/stick with an older Windows OS?

I wouldn't downgrade, but if I were to I would go back to 8.1 but then what's the point? 10 is better than 8.1

S

Stone5524

I tried windows 10 for one day. Sure I don't doubt that updates have been made since I restored to factory settings, but the PC was ungodly slow to open up internet . it was a brand new PC too

tjogs

Jun 28, 2009
All the spying people are talking about per Windows 10 is not Windows 10 exclusive; it was all back ported to Windows 8(.1) and Windows 7 as well. Moral of the story: get whatever works for you. 10 has its strong points.

Windows 8 (.1) the most horrible Windows OS ever made by user friendliness level. Yeah, I rather upkeep 10 windows 10 machines than a single 8.1

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Can anyone explain why Microsoft with its years of experience and an army of programmers and beta version testers still
launch dodgy versions of Windows that need upgrades to fix bugs?
They test for bugs, but 1,000 testers aren't going to find everything 5 billion people are. So as more bugs show up they update to counter them.

My question is, having found and (hopefully) fixed all the bugs, why do they then abandon it and start the whole process over again?

B

BeyondET

I have just read a warning about Windows 10 in a magazine we have here called Computer Active.

According to them Microsoft intend to reclassify the free download as a recommended update early next year. It means that
there are only two ways to avoid having your Windows 7 or 8 computer upgraded. The first is to switch off the automatic update option. The down side is that you wont get any security updates at all. The other way is that when windows 10 is downloaded but before it is installed you will be asked whether you want to continue. If you want to keep your old system then say no.

I think this is a real intrusion into peoples. freedom of choice If this info is correct they will have gone as far as possible without actually forcing people to upgrade. They are probably relying on people slipping up and having Windows 10 thrust upon them, whether they want it or not.
Indeed really 10 Windows there's the problem to many windows now all they have is a glass operating system. :)

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015

Difficult question. Firstly which old O/S are you thinking of? If its Windows 7 you will still have some milage left in it for
some time as long as Microsoft still support it. One problem you come up against with older systems is that they often
cant fully support new software. If you are happy to stick with old versions of software ok but if you want the latest then unfortunately you will need an OS that supports them. Another alternative is to switch to Apple or even Linex