A
[video=youtube;oX7xTE59lRI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX7xTE59lRI[/video]
'updated'? Don't you mean 'uploaded'...???Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 Updates Cannot Be Stopped - Forbes
My wife's boss said her computer updated EVERY NIGHT! She took it to the shop & had 7 put back on it.
I have linux on mine. I refuse to have Windows [ any version ] on it.I still have Windows 7 on mine. I refuse to upgrade.![]()
Windows 10: Everything you need to know about Microsoft's PC, smartphone and tablet OS - Tech Feature - Digital Spy
This article mentions something I didn't think about. Banks & state & local govt's will be spied upon too. Since Microsoft can ADD ANYTHING into their updates..... this means eventually every institution can be set up to receive info to stop all your purchases & lock your accounts.
I'm curious as to when Microsoft will quit updating the older OS's. They could do it whenever they pleased.
Just how close are we to "can't buy or sell without the mark"?
Bumping this thread just to confirm. I'm surprised at how many people willingly install this even after hearing the facts.
Windows 10? Here are privacy issues you should consider
On your next upgrade, use GNU/Linux instead.
https://www.gnu.org/distros/
Where do you shop? Almost all computer mice are class-compliant, i.e. they use drivers that will work for a generic mouse. And I've never grabbed a mouse off the shelf that didn't work with Linux Mint (whatever version I happened to be running at the time.Thanks for the links.
I wouldn't be surprised at how many people will use it. The Windows OS is familiar to a lot of people and it and the applications written for it are used widely for business and personal use. From a hardware perspective, my mouse recently died and when I went to pick up a new one, I had to search the store (and online in the store) for a model that didn't require windows. Even the 30 something computers that had running in that store were all operating some version of Windows.
Where do you shop? Almost all computer mice are class-compliant, i.e. they use drivers that will work for a generic mouse. And I've never grabbed a mouse off the shelf that didn't work with Linux Mint (whatever version I happened to be running at the time.
I don't bother looking for a computer with Linux installed. I don't bother wiping Windows when I get a computer either. I just boot from the flash drive with my Mint os installed and keep rolling. The system is on the stick, it doesn't matter (except for performance) what hardware I'm running it on.