Wisdom - Proverbs verse by verse

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Proverbs 1:2

To know wisdom and instruction,
To discern the sayings of understanding,
 
[FONT=&quot]Prov. 3.3 To receive the instruction of wisdom,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Justice, judgment, and equity;[/FONT]
 
Oh! This is a thread I'll be avidly watching!
I wonder how it will go - in what direction...
There are a lot of verses about wisdom. Maybe we should look them all up before we move on...
 
This is neither here nor there but it's just interesting. In looking up all of the verses with the word wisdom in them, I came across a verse that has 666 in it.
 
Oh! This is a thread I'll be avidly watching!
I wonder how it will go - in what direction...
There are a lot of verses about wisdom. Maybe we should look them all up before we move on...

To give prudence to the naive,
To the youth knowledge and discretion

(Proverbs 1:4)
​
 
Last edited:

Proverbs 1:5
A wise man will hear and increase in learning,

And a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel,
 
Proverbs 1:6
To understand a proverb and a figure,

The words of the wise and their riddles.
 
PROVERBS 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
 
Proverbs 1:8
Hear, my son, your father’s instruction

And do not forsake your mother’s teaching;
 

Proverbs 1:9
Indeed, they are a graceful wreath to your head

And ornaments about your neck.
 
images
 
Proverbs 1:12(KJV)

Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit:
 
Proverbs 9:10 (KJV)


The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

=============================

I thought it appropriate that I post this one.
:D