Wisdom is the ability to see truth and evaluate life from God's point of view. It is not found in our own experience or in much study. God alone is the only source of wisdom - Prov.2:6. We are supposed to ask for it - James 1:5.
It is brought to us in many ways:
Imparted through correction - Prov. 29:15.
Given to the humble - Prov. 11:2 -
It is the work of the Holy Spirit - Eph. 1:17.
It is given through application of the scriptures - Prov. 13:10. (Understanding follows obedience)
I'm a senior now - but as I look back on my life, it was only through the above that I gained wisdom. And probably the hardest one was humility.
It is brought to us in many ways:
Imparted through correction - Prov. 29:15.
Given to the humble - Prov. 11:2 -
It is the work of the Holy Spirit - Eph. 1:17.
It is given through application of the scriptures - Prov. 13:10. (Understanding follows obedience)
I'm a senior now - but as I look back on my life, it was only through the above that I gained wisdom. And probably the hardest one was humility.