With this ring

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Multiple choice...GO!

• I'm a guy and I will wear a ring

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I'm a guy and I don't plant to wear a ring

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I don't know whether I'll wear a ring or not - GUYS ONLY

• I would like my husband to wear a ring

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • I would like my wife to wear a ring

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I'm a lady and I will wear a ring

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • I'm a lady and I don't plan to wear a ring

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know whether I'll wear a ring or not - LADIES ONLY

• I plan to take my husband's name

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • I'm a lady and I want to keep my own name

• I plan to hyphenate my name - ladies only please :)

• I would like my wife to take my name

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • I don't care if my wife takes my name

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
C

Catlynn

Yes I want to wear a ring. And I'd like my husband to wear one too. Now as to the metal the rings will be made out of? Who cares! Although.. some coppery steampunk-y ring would be pretty cool to me.. :)
Bridget, you just get cooler and cooler the more I get to know ya. Steampunk is WONDERFUL!!! XD

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I really don't understand people who don't want to wear a visible symbol of the covenant they have made before God. I understand that due to certain job hazards people removing their ring at work, but beyond that I am at a loss.

V

violakat

First of all, I definitely taking my husband's name, unless his is harder than mine. Then I don't know. But most people's last names are probably a lot easier than a 2 syllable tongue twister. I would wear a ring, for several rings, mainly, because I would be proud to say I am someone's wife. As for whether he wear a ring or not, that's up to him.

V

violakat

Bahaha awesome answer Liamson. :) I like rings....but sweet unique rings. Diamonds and gold bore me.....
You and me both.

Give me Sapphires, emeralds or amethyst set in silver any day of the week.Or maybe an antique family heirloom.

Nate0220

Sep 8, 2011
I would glady wear a ring. I've told my fiancee she can suprise me with the one that she pickes out. :) and I am all for Titanium, Carbon Composite Ceramic, Tungsten. as long as there is no gold in the ring, i would be fine with it. I am currently saving up for her ring..a solitare and a really unique wrap that nobody told us about that was a lot cheaper..lol

J

Jullianna

With my lifestyle Titanium is probably in order! haha I have seen some awesome steampunk pieces, but I would probably be losing parts all the time :) Gold is beautiful, but if I wear it for more than a few hours at a time, it leaves what look like burn marks on my skin. Very odd...but..that's me :/

R

rus_lady

oh yes i want to have big wedding ring and i want my future hubby to have huge wedding ring - it is huge prove that he is only mying :D and i have such dream since teen years haha

K

Kooper

I would like my wife to take my name
But all in all, it wouldn't really matter to me who wears what. I could wear a ring... *looks at little metallic cross necklet* but I'd probably wear mine around my neck. I seem to be faithful enough to wear this thing everyday thus far. It would be nice to have and see a ring next to it.

C

Crossfire

Now days people just get a tattoo.... just to have to get another once the relationship is over. *lol*

Seriously though, I have no problem wearing a ring. I would hope my wife would choose to wear her ring.

Although, a wedding ring is hardly the deterent that it used to be. Most guys these days could care less if she has a ring or not, they're still going to flirt to see if they might have a chance to 'score'. The sad thing is that there are a lot of ladies out there that like to flirt with married guys too simply as a challenge. Disrespectful.... :mad:

Last edited:

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
I wouldn't mind not having/giving a ring but SOMETHING must be evident and clear to say "Taken and beloved"

Like.... Aragorn's Necklace given to him by Arwen. Yeah, that guy doesn't need a ring.
Maybe she could wear this:

S

Sarah88

I plan to take my husband's name
In my country we don't take our husband's name. It actually goes after our last name.
For example: Sarah (my last name) de (his last name). So we get to have both :)

As for wearing a ring, I would like to wear one. I love rings :D

K

kayem77

In my country we don't take our husband's name. It actually goes after our last name.
For example: Sarah (my last name) de (his last name). So we get to have both :)

As for wearing a ring, I would like to wear one. I love rings :D
It's the same in Mexico :) his last name goes after your last name, after the word ''de''.

S

Sarah88

It's the same in Mexico :) his last name goes after your last name, after the word ''de''.
Oh I didn't know that. Must be a latino thing then :)

but I think my last name is not very....combinable, it already sounds weird by itself haha.
I feel the same. Mine is weird and long :p

K

kayem77

Oh I didn't know that. Must be a latino thing then :)

I feel the same. Mine is weird and long :p

Yeah it must be a latino thing . Mine is very looooong too, two names and two last names, regular length in Mexico though haha :).

You are from the Dominican Republic right? Dios te bendiga Sarah.:)

S

Sarah88

two names and two last names, regular length in Mexico though haha :).
Same here!

You are from the Dominican Republic right? Dios te bendiga Sarah.:)
Yes, I'm from the DR. Me alegra encontrar otra persona que habla español por aqui! Dios te bendiga tambien :)