With whom are we walking?
• “He who walks with the wise shall be wise, but a companion with fools shall be destroyed.” (Pro 13:20).
Most of the times we are walking peacefully with the sinners. Apparently, this looks normal. Nevertheless, see how it was the things at Paul’ time:
• “who both killed the Lord Jesus and their own prophets, also driving us out and they do not please God and being contrary to all men, forbidding us to speak to the nations that they might be saved, to fill up their sins always; but the wrath has come upon them to the uttermost.” (1Th 2:15,16).
Paul was chased after because his message had power, changed people’s thoughts and feelings, bringing much misery for those who lived by mischievous gain (see Acts 19:23-28, for instance).
The psalm 1:1 is clear:
• “Blessed is the man who has not walked in the counsel of the ungodly, and has not stood in the way of sinners, and has not sat in the seat of the scornful.” (Psa 1:1)
Therefore, this should be our stance:
• “I have not sat with lying men, neither will I go in with hypocrites. I have hated the congregation of evil-doers, and will not sit with the wicked.” (Psa 26:4,5).
The order of the Creator is clear about this world (which is, spiritually, a Great Babylon):
• “And I heard another voice from Heaven, saying, Come out of her, My people, that you may not be partakers of her sins, and that you may not receive of her plagues.” (Rev 18:4).
If we don’t make any difference in the life of the wicked around us, this can come about us:
• “And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him. And he said to King Jehoshaphat, *Should you help the ungodly and love those who hate Jehovah*? And by this bring wrath on you from before Jehovah.” (2Ch 19:2)
Perhaps you will say: “but Jesus walked with tax collectors and sinners” (Mat 11:19). Yeah, but at no moment He condone with their salacious deportment. On the contrary: He changed and influenced many lives, as well as all the world, until our days.
And don’t think that this is only for Jesus. He own said:
• “Truly, truly, I say to you, He who believes on Me, the works that I do he shall do also, and greater works than these he shall do, because I go to My Father.” (John 14:12).
So, have a good day being instrument of elation for those who love the truth and justice, and of shame for those who insist on their bad demeanor. May only your presence shush the folly of the deviants.
• “He who walks with the wise shall be wise, but a companion with fools shall be destroyed.” (Pro 13:20).
Most of the times we are walking peacefully with the sinners. Apparently, this looks normal. Nevertheless, see how it was the things at Paul’ time:
• “who both killed the Lord Jesus and their own prophets, also driving us out and they do not please God and being contrary to all men, forbidding us to speak to the nations that they might be saved, to fill up their sins always; but the wrath has come upon them to the uttermost.” (1Th 2:15,16).
Paul was chased after because his message had power, changed people’s thoughts and feelings, bringing much misery for those who lived by mischievous gain (see Acts 19:23-28, for instance).
The psalm 1:1 is clear:
• “Blessed is the man who has not walked in the counsel of the ungodly, and has not stood in the way of sinners, and has not sat in the seat of the scornful.” (Psa 1:1)
Therefore, this should be our stance:
• “I have not sat with lying men, neither will I go in with hypocrites. I have hated the congregation of evil-doers, and will not sit with the wicked.” (Psa 26:4,5).
The order of the Creator is clear about this world (which is, spiritually, a Great Babylon):
• “And I heard another voice from Heaven, saying, Come out of her, My people, that you may not be partakers of her sins, and that you may not receive of her plagues.” (Rev 18:4).
If we don’t make any difference in the life of the wicked around us, this can come about us:
• “And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him. And he said to King Jehoshaphat, *Should you help the ungodly and love those who hate Jehovah*? And by this bring wrath on you from before Jehovah.” (2Ch 19:2)
Perhaps you will say: “but Jesus walked with tax collectors and sinners” (Mat 11:19). Yeah, but at no moment He condone with their salacious deportment. On the contrary: He changed and influenced many lives, as well as all the world, until our days.
And don’t think that this is only for Jesus. He own said:
• “Truly, truly, I say to you, He who believes on Me, the works that I do he shall do also, and greater works than these he shall do, because I go to My Father.” (John 14:12).
So, have a good day being instrument of elation for those who love the truth and justice, and of shame for those who insist on their bad demeanor. May only your presence shush the folly of the deviants.