E
eneri
Guest
Every morning of every day I wake up and I see myself in the mirror. And I see myself getting older and I try to look away, but I can't without trying to remediate the problem with an arsenal of lotions and potions.
I find it ever so hard to see my face and my body get older...I see my eyes diming and I see my skin slowly but surely losing its strength.
As hard as I can and with all my might to retain my youthfulness, by exercising vigorously, I know one day I will lose the battle...its inevitable we all will grow old and we will all fall asleep.
BUT I still cant help to whisper ever so lightly...'please stop it from happening God!'
I know He doesn't look at our outer beauty, and He looks deep into our hearts and the inner beauty; BUT yet, I cant help to yearn, in the deepest inner parts of my very existence, to stay young and beautiful on the outside as well.
I have seen and read how beautiful... Sarah, Rebekah, Bathsheba, and of course the beautiful lover of Solomon (the one he wrote vivid love letters to in the Song of Solomon).
"Why oh why Lord, can't I stay young and beautiful on the outside?" You so graciously allowed Sarah to stay beautiful way into her 90s...please can I have that as well?
I have always love to see the flowers in the fields on a beautiful spring morning...BUT it has always been so hard and sad for me to see them start withering when they have reached their pinnacle of life; its so devastating to see their colors fade and their form and strength deteriorate to the point of death.
Recently an American poll was taken of American men...asking them what age they found most appealing...their answer...women in the 20s.
And why not!? I don't blame them...why not be attracted to a woman who is young and in the prime of her life!? Why settle or stay with a withering flower!? Why NOT appease your appetite for beauty with a fresh blooming rose?
I know how men and society treat the young and beautiful... I've seen it, I've lived it, and I don't want to lose it. IS it vain!?...absolutely! BUT what if that's all you know...what if that's all you have!? Can God not use that to His advantage!? As He did with Queen Esther...to grab and hold the attention of King Xerxes.
Oh Lord, You have made ALL things. You are Mighty and ALL KNOWING. Please, Oh Father, make me a beautiful instrument inside and out as You, my Gracious Lord, sees fit.
AMEN
I find it ever so hard to see my face and my body get older...I see my eyes diming and I see my skin slowly but surely losing its strength.
As hard as I can and with all my might to retain my youthfulness, by exercising vigorously, I know one day I will lose the battle...its inevitable we all will grow old and we will all fall asleep.
BUT I still cant help to whisper ever so lightly...'please stop it from happening God!'
I know He doesn't look at our outer beauty, and He looks deep into our hearts and the inner beauty; BUT yet, I cant help to yearn, in the deepest inner parts of my very existence, to stay young and beautiful on the outside as well.
I have seen and read how beautiful... Sarah, Rebekah, Bathsheba, and of course the beautiful lover of Solomon (the one he wrote vivid love letters to in the Song of Solomon).
"Why oh why Lord, can't I stay young and beautiful on the outside?" You so graciously allowed Sarah to stay beautiful way into her 90s...please can I have that as well?
I have always love to see the flowers in the fields on a beautiful spring morning...BUT it has always been so hard and sad for me to see them start withering when they have reached their pinnacle of life; its so devastating to see their colors fade and their form and strength deteriorate to the point of death.
Recently an American poll was taken of American men...asking them what age they found most appealing...their answer...women in the 20s.
And why not!? I don't blame them...why not be attracted to a woman who is young and in the prime of her life!? Why settle or stay with a withering flower!? Why NOT appease your appetite for beauty with a fresh blooming rose?
I know how men and society treat the young and beautiful... I've seen it, I've lived it, and I don't want to lose it. IS it vain!?...absolutely! BUT what if that's all you know...what if that's all you have!? Can God not use that to His advantage!? As He did with Queen Esther...to grab and hold the attention of King Xerxes.
Oh Lord, You have made ALL things. You are Mighty and ALL KNOWING. Please, Oh Father, make me a beautiful instrument inside and out as You, my Gracious Lord, sees fit.
AMEN