Without Excuse!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
Athiests and Evolutionists are Without Excuse!

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Romans 1:20 (King James Bible)

[video=youtube;hBcyYl4aEgU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBcyYl4aEgU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

G

GM777

Well, my advice would be if you are going to try to convert an atheist or an evolutionist (I guess they are synonymous), this is not the best thing to throw at them and then sleep comfortably at night thinking they are without excuse. The fact is, in Corinthians it says that "the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers so that they cannot see the glory of the gospel of Christ." I paraphrased there and quoted from memory to the best of my ability. The fact is, I understand what it is like to be an atheist and to be convinced of evolution and all I have to say is you need to have the UTMOST compassion and empathy for these people. They aren't purposefully rebelling; many of them are people who have turned away from God because of severe hurt in their lives or because it is hard for people to wrap their heads around these concepts when the secular world has brainwashed society (probably unintentionally because they are brainwashed) while being convinced we are the brainwashed ones. It is bigger than a lot of these people. Win them over through your lovingkindness, gentleness, meekness, respect, longsuffering, honesty, willingness to help them with their problems and talk to them at any point. Win them over by being the people Christians are supposed to be and how they envision a person walking with Jesus Christ. Then, maybe then, in my humble opinion, they will be more apt to listen and look into it. Please be patient and loving with these people. Instead of brushing them off as having no excuse, talk to them and clarify that a lot of the hurt and suffering in nature and the world is not the intent or design of God but rather the effects of evil ravaging the original creation (because man gave the world over to evil). You need to be gentle. Christians need to be gentle, in my opinion. Many of us are not, and then we are turning people away. Jesus loves these people and God would run to these lost sheep and rejoice more than He would over the 99 who are solid in faith. No one is trying to be "hard-headed" towards faith on purpose. It is VERY hard for people to believe in this world.

Last edited by a moderator:

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I agree, it takes a true deep work of God and not a few flung bible verses. But this is true in every true conversion...a true miracle of God.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
When reading the Word, you will see the teaching that the Father grants time to repent. If this holds true with all, and I believe it does, athiests, agnostics, and all people are given a life span long enough for them to realize they each were created, and they did not create themselves.

Every soul saved is a miracle, and we are saved by the same grace and mercy we are directed to extend to all, lest we be judged by our own yardstick. So, there is no excuse except perhaps that person has not yet had the time to repent allotted by our loving Father. Other than this, there is no excuse. Yahweh bless all in Yeshua, amen.

Jan 10, 2013
Evolution (while I don't fully agree with it) is not the enemy of God.

To suggest that all atheists are evolutionists, or all evolutionists are atheists is just not true.

Ranting though will not work against an atheist. I had, on occasion the odd Christian take a go at changing my mind by I ignored everything they said.

Why on earth would an atheist listen to a single word from a book they believe is just made up?
So quoting verses from it is a fool's errand.

If an atheist is going to change (as I did), then they will look for answers at some point (mine was in my mid-40s).
Then
But keep the Bible quotations to a minimum. Teach of the gospel, not the chapter and verse. Otherwise you are more likely to scare away folk that previously treated such ideas with indifference or perhaps even contempt.

Unfortunately there are some - the '6000 years', 'say you love Jesus or burn in hell' ranters that just don't get it. Because it sounds good (to each other) to attack people, they think it will work to convert people.

Will scare them away if they are unsure.
And many scientists avoid Christianity because Young Earth Creationism is not spoken against by Christians. They assume we ALL believe it.

I myself am a "middle-aged earth creationist with aspects of evolution but not the whole 'all life' thing"
I think people who a fully categorised by a title (both the Evo and the YEC) are generally not fully understanding and refuse to be open to discussion, or often, facts.

May 15, 2013
I believe that during the time of Noah, Since the people faith in God were strong, for they had known Him personally, that they had knowledge of life. I believe that they were taught by the serpent ( since they were left alone with him and they were casted from the present of God) and how to manipulate nature. By them having the knowledge on how to conjured up concotions from the plants, animals, and the minerals. God never had taught them; the plants were use for all purposes, but to blend them like a concotion as a witches brew or like a stew or a soup was from someone else. I think that the plants life were very potent at the time, and I think that they wanted to make themselves to look very fearful like how some people does in our time by cutting themselves up and or carrying some sort of weapon. I think they had made an concotion that disfigured their bodies to protected themselves from their enemies or the wild beasts of their times. After the flood, God had change the potency of the plants so they wouldn't be restarted what they had left off doing.

N

Nancyer

Beautiful video, and while I see the beauty of God's handiwork in all of it's images I to don't see it, or anything like it, convincing a non believer. Because science can explain how flowers grow, how they are pollinated, how precipitation forms to water them. We would argue that it was God who put all that in place, designed all the processes and best of all created the pallet that wows us. A great line from one of my favorite movies is "I think God must be a painter. Why else would He have created so many colors?"

I agree with gm777 ,
"
Win them over through your lovingkindness, gentleness, meekness, respect, longsuffering, honesty, willingness to help them with their problems and talk to them at any point.". Our actions speak far louder than our words.

But personally, I thank you for the video, it was truly beautiful.

God bless you.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
Well, my advice would be if you are going to try to convert an atheist or an evolutionist (I guess they are synonymous), this is not the best thing to throw at them and then sleep comfortably at night thinking they are without excuse. The fact is, in Corinthians it says that "the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers so that they cannot see the glory of the gospel of Christ." I paraphrased there and quoted from memory to the best of my ability. The fact is, I understand what it is like to be an atheist and to be convinced of evolution and all I have to say is you need to have the UTMOST compassion and empathy for these people. They aren't purposefully rebelling; many of them are people who have turned away from God because of severe hurt in their lives or because it is hard for people to wrap their heads around these concepts when the secular world has brainwashed society (probably unintentionally because they are brainwashed) while being convinced we are the brainwashed ones. It is bigger than a lot of these people. Win them over through your lovingkindness, gentleness, meekness, respect, longsuffering, honesty, willingness to help them with their problems and talk to them at any point. Win them over by being the people Christians are supposed to be and how they envision a person walking with Jesus Christ. Then, maybe then, in my humble opinion, they will be more apt to listen and look into it. Please be patient and loving with these people. Instead of brushing them off as having no excuse, talk to them and clarify that a lot of the hurt and suffering in nature and the world is not the intent or design of God but rather the effects of evil ravaging the original creation (because man gave the world over to evil). You need to be gentle. Christians need to be gentle, in my opinion. Many of us are not, and then we are turning people away. Jesus loves these people and God would run to these lost sheep and rejoice more than He would over the 99 who are solid in faith. No one is trying to be "hard-headed" towards faith on purpose. It is VERY hard for people to believe in this world.

Hello there GM777, thanks for taking the time to read my post and for your response to it.

Now GM777, I do agree with you that we need to be gentle and compassionate in our approach to the lost world. But that does not mean that we are not to tell them the truth in love. The Bible says:
[SUP]
27 [/SUP]And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: - Hebrews 9:27 (King James Bible)

And the truth be told GM777, they are WITHOUT EXCUSE. They are not going to have any excuse at the Great White Throne Judgment, if they end up dying with Christ, and they end up in Hell. God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)

We cannot sugar coat the truth, but we must tell them the whole truth.

Plus another thing to consider is that there are constant warnings given all throughout America. You have churches all over the Country as a Warning to the lost of the fact that there is a Hell just like there is a Heaven.

And I do understand that some of these people could truly just be ignorant and misled, but a lot of these professing atheists who hate God and who hate the Bible, let me tell you something, they are in willful rebellion against God.

[SUP]7 [/SUP]Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. - Romans 8:7 (King James Bible)

[SUP]18 [/SUP]For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
[SUP]19 [/SUP]Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
[SUP]21 [/SUP]Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
[SUP]23 [/SUP]And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. - Romans 1:18-23(King James Bible)

14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one. - Psalm 14:1-3 (King James Bible)

Atheists don't deny God with their minds or intellect. They have to deny the existence of God in their heart. Because true Science points to the fact that there is a Divine Creator. Every thing on this earth has a designer behind it. Someone designed and made your watch, someone built your house, someone designed and assembled your car and put it together.

You see, that watch did not come into being by random parts simultaneously running into each other, and than forming the watch you now are wearing on your wrist. How silly and ridiculous to believe would it be to believe such a thing! And yet that is exactly what Evolution teaches in regard to the formation of the earth and man.

When an atheist is shown the truth and he now has a knowledge of the truth, that man is in direct and willful rebellion against an holy God. And he can deny it in is mind all he wants to, but deep down he knows that there is indeed a God out there.

And the reason why the atheist tries to deny the existence of God so much in his mind, is because he cannot handle the fact or the thought of him standing before a Holy God someday, and having to give an account for his rotten life.

So, with those kind of people that you run into who have been shown the truth and yet they continue to mock God, and mock Christians and they continue to mock God's holy word. Let me tell you something, you better be warning them of the horrors of Hell and that if they die in their current condition, that they are going to end up in that horrible place of everlasting torment.

And again, yes there is a balance. We have to use meekness and kindness and be longsuffering. But then there are those people who are being willfully ignorant and they are being outright blasphemous. And those are the people that you are to rebuke sharply and openly. We are to rebuke them sharply and preach the word to them. You can't always win people over with love and kindness. A lot of times you are just going to have to tell them that they are clearly on the road to Hell. And before they can be saved, they must come to God as a sinner and know that their own self righteousness cannot save them.

And one other important thing to keep in mind GM777, is that God does not love Christ rejecting sinners. No where in the Bible, does it say that God loves (present tense) Christ Rejecting sinners.

God's love was manifested at Calvary. And if a lost sinner does not go to Calvary, and if he does not repent and accept the Lord Jesus Christ, then God's love is not on that sinner, but God's wrath is abiding on that sinner.

W

wordhelpsme

God will judge according to knowledge because he knows the true heart. We have limited knowledge and cannot read hearts or know the extent of situations.

One come reason I have found with atheists is the lost of a love one. They cannot sceme to reconcile why a loving God will take their love one when he has so many angels already (you have one child and he has millions or even billions of angels and he takes yours), is like the story of David and Uriah.

Helping them to understand the truth about death, and that God did not take them in that way has helped me to transcend these barriers.

Darwin became an evolutionist after the death of his daughter.

Deep dispair and lack of the truth about God has hurt many.

May 17, 2013
Athiests and Evolutionists are Without Excuse!

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Romans 1:20 (King James Bible)

[video=youtube;hBcyYl4aEgU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBcyYl4aEgU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]
I would dispute that translation and context.

Mar 26, 2013
There is an OVERWHELMING amount of evidence to show that evolution WORKS. You are blind or stupid if you don't recognize or appreciate it; or if you see it but refuse to believe it because you instead believe something else.

Recently, here in Minnesota, there was a tragic accident where two children were buried alive in a landslide while they were exploring the grounds underneath a bluff for fossils. This is a very sad story and I don't like to use accounts like this, especially so recent, because I want to respect the families of those involved.

If you don't believe in science and instead put your faith alone in God, then you must either conclude that these two children were supposed to die according to God's plan, or that Satan was allowed to end their lives.

However, if you believe in science, you can ask the question 'Why did this happen?' without fear of retribution or of committing some cardinal sin. You would be compelled to find the reason and do the science in order to keep future fossil hunters safe.

Science brings hope, and answers.
Religion does too, but not when the questions are scientific in kind.

So why did two children die in a landslide?

Was it: God was angry at his people and now two more innocents have been punished because of God's wrath.

Or: There was a layer of loamy soil atop a layer of clay and due to the heavy rains recently, the clay became slick and a landslide was immanent, it was just tragic coincidence that the children were under a weak point on the hillside as the earth gave way.

P

prodigal

[h=3]Luke 13[/h]New International Version (NIV)

[h=3]Repent or Perish[/h]13 Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. [SUP]2 [/SUP]Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? [SUP]3 [/SUP]I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. [SUP]4 [/SUP]Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? [SUP]5 [/SUP]I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

Mar 26, 2013

Hello there GM777, thanks for taking the time to read my post and for your response to it.

Now GM777, I do agree with you that we need to be gentle and compassionate in our approach to the lost world. But that does not mean that we are not to tell them the truth in love. The Bible says:
[SUP]
27 [/SUP]And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: - Hebrews 9:27 (King James Bible)

And the truth be told GM777, they are WITHOUT EXCUSE. They are not going to have any excuse at the Great White Throne Judgment, if they end up dying with Christ, and they end up in Hell. God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)

We cannot sugar coat the truth, but we must tell them the whole truth.

Plus another thing to consider is that there are constant warnings given all throughout America. You have churches all over the Country as a Warning to the lost of the fact that there is a Hell just like there is a Heaven.

And I do understand that some of these people could truly just be ignorant and misled, but a lot of these professing atheists who hate God and who hate the Bible, let me tell you something, they are in willful rebellion against God.

[SUP]7 [/SUP]Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. - Romans 8:7 (King James Bible)

[SUP]18 [/SUP]For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
[SUP]19 [/SUP]Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
[SUP]21 [/SUP]Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
[SUP]23 [/SUP]And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. - Romans 1:18-23(King James Bible)

14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one. - Psalm 14:1-3 (King James Bible)

Atheists don't deny God with their minds or intellect. They have to deny the existence of God in their heart. Because true Science points to the fact that there is a Divine Creator. Every thing on this earth has a designer behind it. Someone designed and made your watch, someone built your house, someone designed and assembled your car and put it together.

You see, that watch did not come into being by random parts simultaneously running into each other, and than forming the watch you now are wearing on your wrist. How silly and ridiculous to believe would it be to believe such a thing! And yet that is exactly what Evolution teaches in regard to the formation of the earth and man.

When an atheist is shown the truth and he now has a knowledge of the truth, that man is in direct and willful rebellion against an holy God. And he can deny it in is mind all he wants to, but deep down he knows that there is indeed a God out there.

And the reason why the atheist tries to deny the existence of God so much in his mind, is because he cannot handle the fact or the thought of him standing before a Holy God someday, and having to give an account for his rotten life.

So, with those kind of people that you run into who have been shown the truth and yet they continue to mock God, and mock Christians and they continue to mock God's holy word. Let me tell you something, you better be warning them of the horrors of Hell and that if they die in their current condition, that they are going to end up in that horrible place of everlasting torment.

And again, yes there is a balance. We have to use meekness and kindness and be longsuffering. But then there are those people who are being willfully ignorant and they are being outright blasphemous. And those are the people that you are to rebuke sharply and openly. We are to rebuke them sharply and preach the word to them. You can't always win people over with love and kindness. A lot of times you are just going to have to tell them that they are clearly on the road to Hell. And before they can be saved, they must come to God as a sinner and know that their own self righteousness cannot save them.

And one other important thing to keep in mind GM777, is that God does not love Christ rejecting sinners. No where in the Bible, does it say that God loves (present tense) Christ Rejecting sinners.

God's love was manifested at Calvary. And if a lost sinner does not go to Calvary, and if he does not repent and accept the Lord Jesus Christ, then God's love is not on that sinner, but God's wrath is abiding on that sinner.
Oh shut up.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011

Jmlidea,

if you are angry, well then you need to be. But your not angry with me. You are angry with the truth.

There is an OVERWHELMING amount of evidence to show that evolution WORKS. You are blind or stupid if you don't recognize or appreciate it; or if you see it but refuse to believe it because you instead believe something else.

Recently, here in Minnesota, there was a tragic accident where two children were buried alive in a landslide while they were exploring the grounds underneath a bluff for fossils. This is a very sad story and I don't like to use accounts like this, especially so recent, because I want to respect the families of those involved.

If you don't believe in science and instead put your faith alone in God, then you must either conclude that these two children were supposed to die according to God's plan, or that Satan was allowed to end their lives.

However, if you believe in science, you can ask the question 'Why did this happen?' without fear of retribution or of committing some cardinal sin. You would be compelled to find the reason and do the science in order to keep future fossil hunters safe.

Science brings hope, and answers.
Religion does too, but not when the questions are scientific in kind.

So why did two children die in a landslide?

Was it: God was angry at his people and now two more innocents have been punished because of God's wrath.

Or: There was a layer of loamy soil atop a layer of clay and due to the heavy rains recently, the clay became slick and a landslide was immanent, it was just tragic coincidence that the children were under a weak point on the hillside as the earth gave way.
Jmilidea, at times, things happen in life that we are just not going to have an answer for. Bad things happen all the time. We live in a sin-cursed world. And right now Satan is the god of this world, so there is obviously going to be evil things that happen.

But here are some questions for you; Jmlidea,

Where is the overwhelming evidence that you say shows that evolution works?

And how does true Science back up evolution Jmlidea?

Truth be told, Evolution is a theory that has no support.

Evolution is a lie. There is no backing behind it.

The Holy Bible teaches that Creation came about through a Divine Being. The Scriptures teach that it was God who spoke the universe and worlds into existence (See Genesis 1 & Hebrews 11:3)

True Science backs up the Bible.

Here is a great video by Kent Hovind showing the many, many reasons why Evolution is a lie.

[video=youtube;sOInxp40DhE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOInxp40DhE[/video]

Mar 26, 2013
So those children died because Satan is the god of this earth? Or perhaps it was because Eve ate a forbidden apple many millennia ago?
Dr. Hovind uses what he calls 'science', but what the rest of the scientific community calls lunacy. I say shut up because I've heard your argument before, and if you aren't going to listen to reason, there's no point arguing. I am upset, however, that there is still room for manipulation in the sciences, that religion can still win over facts and keep the veil of sin over the eyes of our children.
If all you do is look for the best answer without doing the work to see if it is actually VALID, then you aren't a scientist, you're a fake. Dr. Hovind is a charlatan and sadly so many people buy into his scheme and then BUY HIS BOOKS! Every single debate or lecture I've seen of Dr. Hovind, he's tried to sell his books because he needs to 'feed starving children... HIS children'
I've obviously done more exploring into the sciences than you have, so don't think you know more about science, just because you can call it fake from behind your keyboard.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
So those children died because Satan is the god of this earth? Or perhaps it was because Eve ate a forbidden apple many millennia ago?
Dr. Hovind uses what he calls 'science', but what the rest of the scientific community calls lunacy. I say shut up because I've heard your argument before, and if you aren't going to listen to reason, there's no point arguing. I am upset, however, that there is still room for manipulation in the sciences, that religion can still win over facts and keep the veil of sin over the eyes of our children.
If all you do is look for the best answer without doing the work to see if it is actually VALID, then you aren't a scientist, you're a fake. Dr. Hovind is a charlatan and sadly so many people buy into his scheme and then BUY HIS BOOKS! Every single debate or lecture I've seen of Dr. Hovind, he's tried to sell his books because he needs to 'feed starving children... HIS children'
I've obviously done more exploring into the sciences than you have, so don't think you know more about science, just because you can call it fake from behind your keyboard.
Jmlidea, the very idea of evolution is LUNACY!

There is no scientific backing for it WHATSOEVER. And that is a fact. Plain and simple. Well Jmlidea, if you know so much about Science like you claim you do, then why do you believe in such a ridiculous theory such as Evolution? When there is no real Scientific backing for it?

Dr. Kent Hovind is a Creation Science, Bible preacher who simply is telling the facts about how Creation began. And he shows from the Bible how it all really started. And the universe and planets all came into existence by God speaking them into existence.

Kent Hovind's lectures and debates have been known to greatly debunk the theory of evolution.

W

wordhelpsme

I work for an airline and get to rravel the world. I see so much of his beautiful creation. I draw close to him in amazement. I do not understand how you can believe in God.

I guess evolutionist have the God of Evloution. They worship him.