WOAH, just saw this while driving over here

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
You can set the bar higher. It is up to each believer to choose the level of victory and power to walk and live in.
i dunno about that, the axe doesn't lift itself above the wielder. Paul would have had his thorn removed, but it wasn't.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Read mat 18:18,19
Way different than what you wrote.
maybe in your Bible.. i am well aware that most English translations have this wrong. go look up the tense of the words in Greek: that's why i'm telling you now.

Matthew 18:18-19
`Verily I say to you, Whatever things ye may bind upon the earth shall be having been bound in the heavens, and whatever things ye may loose on the earth shall be having been loosed in the heavens. `Again, I say to you, that, if two of you may agree on the earth concerning anything, whatever they may ask--it shall be done to them from my Father who is in the heavens

that's Youngs Literal translation above. often not very readable, but much closer to what the manuscripts actually say in many places. have a look for yourself, and think for yourself what God is doing when He says this. is He making Peter a god? or is He making them as His mouth - as you yourself said earlier?

Jul 23, 2018
Nothing wrong with revelations, my friend. However o

Nothing wrong with revelations, my friend. However one also needs to ensure that what one is hearing is from the word of God as its easy to be mislead by our own thoughts. There's always consistency and harmony in God's revelations.... when He gives you a word it will be supported by all of scripture. That's why I said earlier, if you have a word or a thought or an idea, do some research to make sure that it doesn't contradict what we already know in God's word to be true.

My way of approaching scripture is this:
Start with an open mind, a blank slate if you will. Try to not let your own ideas or past experiences get in the way. Take scripture as it stands without trying to interpret some deeper meaning. Try to read scripture at face value and see what it says on a surface level first. Then try to see who and what is was written for in its original context. Finally, ask God if there's some other deeper truth He wants you to understand regarding it.

In terms of new revelation, my opinion is this, it rarely happens. God has already given His word and He has given us everything we need for life today. There are no "new" ideas that we haven't yet discovered or prophetic revelations that we might still have yet to receive. I know that in our daily lives God can often reveal different things to us... open our mind to a new way of looking at something or cause us to see something in a way that we haven't seen before. But his Spirit-inspired revelation is always consistent with scripture.
I hear him regularly
He does not contradict himself.
That is a given.
But to say there is no new revelations is absurd.
That means you alone know who the antichrist is and mystery babylons location.
The bible DOES NOT CONTAIN all the works of Jesus as the incarnate lamb,nor have all the mysteries been revealed.
He is a person,not a book.
The op is a good example. God speaks to his family,his children.
He authenticates his spoken word through CONFIRMATION, the bible being only one method.
Recently on the way to church with a friend God had me help him in his walk. God spoke to him through me.
Coincidentally the sermon
Which revelations are you speaking of?
was almost word for word what i was telling him. ( i won't get into specifics due to this audience)
Nobody is going to convince that man that God wasn't speaking to him.
He is alive in his children. He speaks to us. He confirms his conversations.
The bible is only one way he authenticates.
More than once ,people have been saved from death by a simple "don't get on that plane"
Who said it since "plane" is not in the bible?

Jul 23, 2018
i dunno about that, the axe doesn't lift itself above the wielder. Paul would have had his thorn removed, but it wasn't.
Paul wrote of the victory obtained in his epistles.
Impossible to miss.
The believer can wallow in toddlerhood or move on to maturity.
So many of the members here think they can not pray,worship,study,and spend time with Jesus and walk in the same level of victory as those who fast,pray,and spend time with Jesus?
I am finding this misunderstanding of the believers walk unbelievable.

You guys serious?

Jul 23, 2018
maybe in your Bible.. i am well aware that most English translations have this wrong. go look up the tense of the words in Greek: that's why i'm telling you now.

Matthew 18:18-19
`Verily I say to you, Whatever things ye may bind upon the earth shall be having been bound in the heavens, and whatever things ye may loose on the earth shall be having been loosed in the heavens. `Again, I say to you, that, if two of you may agree on the earth concerning anything, whatever they may ask--it shall be done to them from my Father who is in the heavens

that's Youngs Literal translation above. often not very readable, but much closer to what the manuscripts actually say in many places. have a look for yourself, and think for yourself what God is doing when He says this. is He making Peter a god? or is He making them as His mouth - as you yourself said earlier?
Are you saying Jesus was wrong when he declared that next verse? Mat 18:19
Oh,i get it. You are cessationist right?
Jesus only used to have power at a time in history right?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Are you saying Jesus was wrong when he declared that next verse? Mat 18:19
Oh,i get it. You are cessationist right?
Jesus only used to have power at a time in history right?
i am saying go look at the Greek and see if it matches your KJV or NIV or whatever, or whether it says what i told you.
every conversation is not a conversation about miracle working :)

Jul 23, 2018
What is going on here???
God never speaks to us?
We have no obligation to stay on fire for God?
Apostasy is the same as victorious living?
Looks up at header
It does say CHRISTIANCHAT.
Oh,ok
Kinda weird

Jul 23, 2018
i am saying go look at the Greek and see if it matches your KJV or NIV or whatever, or whether it says what i told you.
every conversation is not a conversation about miracle working :)
Yes i have greens interlinear.
It checks out just fine. Says what the translators say it says. No conflict

ToastAndTea

Jul 31, 2018
That was a fairly long post. Allow me to address your points individually. Let it be known that I respect your opinion (although I might not agree with you).

My main point is this: that new wisdom (let's use the term) from God is always vindicated by scripture. Hence I was saying earlier that if you feel you have a word from God, make sure it is also supported by the revelation of God we already have, i.e. His Holy Word.

I should also add that personal revelation differs greatly from person to person. I believe that God deals with people in specific ways. We may not all share the same interpretation of the same piece of text. However, there is the common belief system that exists amongst believers which God has gifted to men and women down the centuries and that we know to be true because He also speaks it into our own hearts.

I'm slightly cynical regarding a lot of so-called "new interpretations" of scripture because a lot of it unfortunately doesn't line up with God's word. And a lot of these new divine revelations are supported by scripture that's taken out of the context it was originally intended for.

Not that I wish to pour cold water on your own personal interpretations of scripture. As long as they line up with what scripture says, its fine. But I am not a fan of approaching scripture with a set way of thinking, I prefer to allow scripture to guide my interpretations, if you follow me?

As far as your experience with your friend, that's great. That's the Holy Spirit in operation. Guess what? The Holy Spirit, the Word and God Himself all agree and when they are in harmony, we know we have divine revelation. When your interpretation of scripture doesn't line up with God's word, there's a problem.

Finally, I would just say that there is a beautiful simplicity to the scriptures as a whole. They need no forced interpretations and no further "additions" are required to make them more complete.

Jul 23, 2018
Btw P.H.
Tie in vs 19.
Read vs 18 and 19 together.
It is talking about authority.
As in authority over the devil etc.

ToastAndTea

Jul 31, 2018
Also: does your revelation point you to Christ? Or does it point towards yourself and your own abilities? If it's about what you can do in your own strength, you've missed the point. Revelation always points the way to God himself.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
What is going on here???
God never speaks to us?
Looks up at header
Oh,ok
Kinda weird
you are jumping to unsupportable conclusions from what people have said...?

7seasrekeyed

right

this is wisdom actually and a caution for the use of discernment

good point!

Jul 23, 2018
Also: does your revelation point you to Christ? Or does it point towards yourself and your own abilities? If it's about what you can do in your own strength, you've missed the point. Revelation always points the way to God himself.
Oh good grief.
Of course.

I walk with Jesus. He is in charge. Nothing i say is made up or corrupted in some motive.

7seasrekeyed

Paul wrote of the victory obtained in his epistles.
Impossible to miss.
The believer can wallow in toddlerhood or move on to maturity.
So many of the members here think they can not pray,worship,study,and spend time with Jesus and walk in the same level of victory as those who fast,pray,and spend time with Jesus?
I am finding this misunderstanding of the believers walk unbelievable.

You guys serious?

yuh know, if you keep up scolding people you do not actually know, having been here such a short time, I will think that you are here to each the rest of us 'toddlers'

you have no idea what people here think or believe and actually, I am myself being cautious in how I respond to you because I see that you get dramatic paq...pretty awful quick

you joined when? less than a month ago?

and yet you know what 'so many members think?'

either that is youth speaking without thinking, pride or young in the faith

but doesn't matter...it's a bad attitude and you are basically going to alienate people

Jul 23, 2018
God is still doing a work in this planet.
He still speaks and confirms his word with 2 or 3 witnesses.
And confirms it with signs and wonders and miracles.
Thank you mighty one of Israel for your book and for all you do

7seasrekeyed

What is going on here???
God never speaks to us?
Looks up at header
Oh,ok
Kinda weird

no one said that dude

kinda weird you think someone did

for that matter, NO ONE said anything of what you seem to think they said

be happy.....seems trying to discuss with you is being told we are toddlers and have no faith...so I'll just 'toddle' on and leave you to it :whistle:

I have faith people will avoid you ... mind you, there is a subset here who will agree with everything you say and in fact encourage you to be even more 'extra spiritual'

if you are still reading here and haven't given up in disgust, I'd like to point out that your display indicates you need some grounding in the word

we have no authority apart from Christ and we are not going to take over the world because NAR says we will and we are not going to bring Jesus back

only the FATHER knows the hour...not some self appointed apostle who thinks the Bible is past its' best before date

Jul 23, 2018
yuh know, if you keep up scolding people you do not actually know, having been here such a short time, I will think that you are here to each the rest of us 'toddlers'

you have no idea what people here think or believe and actually, I am myself being cautious in how I respond to you because I see that you get dramatic paq...pretty awful quick

you joined when? less than a month ago?

and yet you know what 'so many members think?'

either that is youth speaking without thinking, pride or young in the faith

but doesn't matter...it's a bad attitude and you are basically going to alienate people
Kinda like what you are doing?
I suppose you are having some bad day?
All that toxic diatribe is not very becoming

7seasrekeyed

God is still doing a work in this planet.
He still speaks and confirms his word with 2 or 3 witnesses.
And confirms it with signs and wonders and miracles.
Thank you mighty one of Israel for your book and for all you do
you are parroting

who do you follow?

we've heard everything you say multiple times

again, in my case I am not a cessationist..I am sure you must know what that means since you are obviously not either

but I won't bore you with the failures of charasmatics, pentecostals, new apostolic revelation folks or word of faith adherents who are always telling us what future event is going to unfold and have no apology or are even slightly embarrassed when it does not happen

I've seen them all in my travels...thankfully I have also seen what is real

Jul 23, 2018
no one said that dude

kinda weird you think someone did

for that matter, NO ONE said anything of what you seem to think they said

be happy.....seems trying to discuss with you is being told we are toddlers and have no faith...so I'll just 'toddle' on and leave you to it :whistle:

I have faith people will avoid you ... mind you, there is a subset here who will agree with everything you say and in fact encourage you to be even more 'extra spiritual'

if you are still reading here and haven't given up in disgust, I'd like to point out that your display indicates you need some grounding in the word

we have no authority apart from Christ and we are not going to take over the world because NAR says we will and we are not going to bring Jesus back

only the FATHER knows the hour...not some self appointed apostle who thinks the Bible is past its' best before date
Man , if you dont calm down you blood pressure is going to go out of sight.
I get it al right sis.
I pushed you button big time.
Try chilling out with Jesus.
All that hate will melt away