Woman Attacked for Standing with Israel Flag

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
What are we trying to confirm?
If the fascists have annexed part of northern Italy or something. :)

Do they live in NE Italy? My best friend does, who I talk to almost every day and have visited many times.
Right, I also have two family members in NE Italy, one in Cuomo and one in Trento.
The point is how to convey a message and like (unfortunately) that atheist that’s running around the forum right now who makes good points about shock-factor in the news, we also need to apply some discernment about anything we hear.
Just because a small group of fascists exits in Italy, doesn’t mean that all of northern Italy or all Italy as some others have said, is fascist.

Similarly, just because a few people march with Nazi uniforms in Washington DC, does not mean that they own Washington DC.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022

I have not much to say about northern Italy and I have not much interested in it either, politically, culturally or any other 'lly"

Sorry count me out.

NightTwister

Jul 5, 2023
Colorado, USA

Right, I also have two family members in NE Italy, one in Cuomo and one in Trento.
The point is how to convey a message and like (unfortunately) that atheist that’s running around the forum right now who makes good points about shock-factor in the news, we also need to apply some discernment about anything we hear.
Just because a small group of fascists exits in Italy, doesn’t mean that all of northern Italy or all Italy as some others have said, is fascist.

Similarly, just because a few people march with Nazi uniforms in Washington DC, does not mean that they own Washington DC.
I stand by my statement. I didn't get this information from the news. I never said "all" of NE or any other part of Italy is fascist. I said fascism is alive and well there. YMMV.

Francesco

Italian Son of God
Se i fascisti hanno annesso parte del nord Italia o qualcosa del genere.:)

Esatto, anche io ho due familiari nel NE, uno a Cuomo e uno a Trento.
Il punto è come trasmettere un messaggio e, come (sfortunatamente) quell'ateo che gira per il forum in questo momento e che fa buoni punti sul fattore shock nelle notizie, dobbiamo anche applicare un certo discernimento su tutto ciò che sentiamo.
Solo perché in Italia esce un piccolo gruppo di fascisti, non significa che tutto il Nord Italia o tutta l'Italia, come hanno detto altri, sia fascista.

Allo stesso modo, solo perché alcune persone marciano con uniformi naziste a Washington DC, non significa che possiedano Washington DC.
Finally, this is a very wise conclusion.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022

Okay now I need to track down this atheist!!:unsure: :D

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Okay I lied, politics always interests me. Lol

Apparently Meloni is a fascist, is that because she opposes the woke agenda?

https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...loni-italy-election-fascism-mussolini/671515/

Presently labels get thrown about so carelessly, even the Atlantic indulges.
Yeah, now we're gonna be here all day with a lot of coffee discussing what's understood as a "Fascist" or a "Communist" from an American POV or European POV. :)

Then we need to factor-in the bias and sensationalism.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
Yeah, now we're gonna be here all day with a lot of coffee discussing what's understood as a "Fascist" or a "Communist" from an American POV or European POV. :)
Well if I switch from coffee to wine I may become even more argumentative so fair warning!! lol

Good thing it is Saturday!

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
Finally, this is a very wise conclusion.
I'm curious. What do you think of the antichrist and what it says in the Bible? Do you think Europe and the EU has a role in the end times? What do you think of the kingdom that represent the feet of clay and iron as described in Daniel 2:31-45?

For reference:

Daniel 2:31 “Your Majesty looked, and there before you stood a large statue—an enormous, dazzling statue, awesome in appearance. 32 The head of the statue was made of pure gold, its chest and arms of silver, its belly and thighs of bronze, 33 its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of baked clay. 34 While you were watching, a rock was cut out, but not by human hands. It struck the statue on its feet of iron and clay and smashed them. 35 Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver and the gold were all broken to pieces and became like chaff on a threshing floor in the summer. The wind swept them away without leaving a trace. But the rock that struck the statue became a huge mountain and filled the whole earth.

36 “This was the dream, and now we will interpret it to the king. 37 Your Majesty, you are the king of kings. The God of heaven has given you dominion and power and might and glory; 38 in your hands he has placed all mankind and the beasts of the field and the birds in the sky. Wherever they live, he has made you ruler over them all. You are that head of gold.

39 “After you, another kingdom will arise, inferior to yours. Next, a third kingdom, one of bronze, will rule over the whole earth. 40 Finally, there will be a fourth kingdom, strong as iron—for iron breaks and smashes everything—and as iron breaks things to pieces, so it will crush and break all the others. 41 Just as you saw that the feet and toes were partly of baked clay and partly of iron, so this will be a divided kingdom; yet it will have some of the strength of iron in it, even as you saw iron mixed with clay. 42 As the toes were partly iron and partly clay, so this kingdom will be partly strong and partly brittle. 43 And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay.

44In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever. 45 This is the meaning of the vision of the rock cut out of a mountain, but not by human hands—a rock that broke the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold to pieces.

“The great God has shown the king what will take place in the future. The dream is true and its interpretation is trustworthy.”

If the Bible is talking about Europe and the EU, then this kingdom won't last and will actually be destroyed by God. How are Christians there in Europe dealing with the globalists moving the world toward a one-world government?

Also if the EU is the last kingdom and with it the antichrist, doesn't this indicate that we are in the very last days and great tribulation will occur in our lifetime before the Lord Jesus comes back?

🏖️

Francesco

Italian Son of God
I'm curious. What do you think of the antichrist and what it says in the Bible? Do you think Europe and the EU has a role in the end times? What do you think of the kingdom that represent the feet of clay and iron as described in Daniel 2:31-45?

For reference:

Daniel 2:31 “Your Majesty looked, and there before you stood a large statue—an enormous, dazzling statue, awesome in appearance. 32 The head of the statue was made of pure gold, its chest and arms of silver, its belly and thighs of bronze, 33 its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of baked clay. 34 While you were watching, a rock was cut out, but not by human hands. It struck the statue on its feet of iron and clay and smashed them. 35 Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver and the gold were all broken to pieces and became like chaff on a threshing floor in the summer. The wind swept them away without leaving a trace. But the rock that struck the statue became a huge mountain and filled the whole earth.

36 “This was the dream, and now we will interpret it to the king. 37 Your Majesty, you are the king of kings. The God of heaven has given you dominion and power and might and glory; 38 in your hands he has placed all mankind and the beasts of the field and the birds in the sky. Wherever they live, he has made you ruler over them all. You are that head of gold.

39 “After you, another kingdom will arise, inferior to yours. Next, a third kingdom, one of bronze, will rule over the whole earth. 40 Finally, there will be a fourth kingdom, strong as iron—for iron breaks and smashes everything—and as iron breaks things to pieces, so it will crush and break all the others. 41 Just as you saw that the feet and toes were partly of baked clay and partly of iron, so this will be a divided kingdom; yet it will have some of the strength of iron in it, even as you saw iron mixed with clay. 42 As the toes were partly iron and partly clay, so this kingdom will be partly strong and partly brittle. 43 And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay.

44In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever. 45 This is the meaning of the vision of the rock cut out of a mountain, but not by human hands—a rock that broke the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold to pieces.

“The great God has shown the king what will take place in the future. The dream is true and its interpretation is trustworthy.”

If the Bible is talking about Europe and the EU, then this kingdom won't last and will actually be destroyed by God. How are Christians there in Europe dealing with the globalists moving the world toward a one-world government?

Also if the EU is the last kingdom and with it the antichrist, doesn't this indicate that we are in the very last days and great tribulation will occur in our lifetime before the Lord Jesus comes back?

🏖️
Hi, first of all, I think that if God in His Word had clearly spoken about last-day events and their precise chronological succession, today wouldn't be a lot of interpretations about those events. From what I understand Europe will surely have an important role in the scenario of the antichrist raising. In fact, the last kingdom which Daniel speaks (v. 40-41), will be raised on the same territory of the Roman Empire that was extended not only to the current Europe but to North Africa and the Middle East. In the quoted chapter all the Daniel's visions are about kingdoms raised around the Mediterranean Sea. Furthermore, the inhomogeneity of the European Union could be well represented by the "feet of clay and iron". As we know, the UE is formed by strong and weak countries, either from the financial or the political point of view. Where the antichrist will come from? Very tough to answer. He will surely recognised as a strong, peaceful political man accepted worldwide even by Jews as the Messiah (whom they are waiting for).
Quote: "Also if the EU is the last kingdom and with it the antichrist, doesn't this indicate that we are in the very last days and great tribulation will occur in our lifetime before the Lord Jesus comes back?" Maybe, but we don't know how much longer it will take before the antichrist appears. Currently, in Europe, we can preach the Gospel freely having our Sunday services and Christian meetings without any imitation yet and we must be committed to reaching people, as many as possible, telling them of God's love displayed in Jesus Christ's sacrifice (with this, I answered you green-written question). Many details about the last days have a secondary importance. Jesus only said: "Keep watch, then, because you are not certain of the day or of the hour." (Mattew 25.13) Whether we will be raptured before the Tribulation or whether we will have to undergo the Tribulation, we believers must stay "awake."

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
Hi, first of all, I think that if God in His Word had clearly spoken about last-day events and their precise chronological succession, today wouldn't be a lot of interpretations about those events. From what I understand Europe will surely have an important role in the scenario of the antichrist raising. In fact, the last kingdom which Daniel speaks (v. 40-41), will be raised on the same territory of the Roman Empire that was extended not only to the current Europe but to North Africa and the Middle East. In the quoted chapter all the Daniel's visions are about kingdoms raised around the Mediterranean Sea. Furthermore, the inhomogeneity of the European Union could be well represented by the "feet of clay and iron". As we know, the UE is formed by strong and weak countries, either from the financial or the political point of view. Where the antichrist will come from? Very tough to answer. He will surely recognised as a strong, peaceful political man accepted worldwide even by Jews as the Messiah (whom they are waiting for).
Quote: "Also if the EU is the last kingdom and with it the antichrist, doesn't this indicate that we are in the very last days and great tribulation will occur in our lifetime before the Lord Jesus comes back?" Maybe, but we don't know how much longer it will take before the antichrist appears. Currently, in Europe, we can preach the Gospel freely having our Sunday services and Christian meetings without any imitation yet and we must be committed to reaching people, as many as possible, telling them of God's love displayed in Jesus Christ's sacrifice (with this, I answered you green-written question). Many details about the last days have a secondary importance. Jesus only said: "Keep watch, then, because you are not certain of the day or of the hour." (Mattew 25.13) Whether we will be raptured before the Tribulation or whether we will have to undergo the Tribulation, we believers must stay "awake."

I"m glad @Eli1 invited you to this discussion. I also agree the coverage will be much wider than just the European countries - as you say, it will also encompass North Africa and the Middle East. Most EU member countries has a policy of accepting refugees from those areas.

It's good to know that Christians in Europe still have the freedom to preach the gospel in those countries. I will definitely pray for more people there to come to Christ.

One thing that troubles me though is that the largest percentage in Europe are Roman Catholics. I don't trust the current Pope Francis that he will do good by them though. To me, he just might be the false prophet that the Bible talks about because it's the false prophet that promotes the antichrist and the worship of him and the mark of the beast. This particular Pope embraces a lot of things that God is against. What is your take on this pope?

As to your "Whether we will be raptured before the Tribulation or whether we will have to undergo the Tribulation, we believers must stay "awake." That's a great open attitude to have. I'm a bit concerned for my American brother and sisters who hold to the pre-trib rapture and won't even consider that they will still be here when the antichrist is revealed. I mean they don't even want to prepare themselves for it just in case. Please pray for us as well.

You have mentioned "Keep watch, then, because you are not certain of the day or of the hour." (Mattew 25.13) But we can know the season:

1 Thessalonians 5:1 Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5 You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.

This is important to know. I believe that Christians will not be raptured before the great tribulation starts and the Lord Jesus won't return until after it ends. We NEED to know the season of our Lord's return so that our faith doesn't fail us when things get rough an we think Jesus should already be here.

🏖️

Francesco

Italian Son of God
I"m glad @Eli1 invited you to this discussion. I also agree the coverage will be much wider than just the European countries - as you say, it will also encompass North Africa and the Middle East. Most EU member countries has a policy of accepting refugees from those areas.

It's good to know that Christians in Europe still have the freedom to preach the gospel in those countries. I will definitely pray for more people there to come to Christ.

One thing that troubles me though is that the largest percentage in Europe are Roman Catholics. I don't trust the current Pope Francis that he will do good by them though. To me, he just might be the false prophet that the Bible talks about because it's the false prophet that promotes the antichrist and the worship of him and the mark of the beast. This particular Pope embraces a lot of things that God is against. What is your take on this pope?

As to your "Whether we will be raptured before the Tribulation or whether we will have to undergo the Tribulation, we believers must stay "awake." That's a great open attitude to have. I'm a bit concerned for my American brother and sisters who hold to the pre-trib rapture and won't even consider that they will still be here when the antichrist is revealed. I mean they don't even want to prepare themselves for it just in case. Please pray for us as well.

You have mentioned "Keep watch, then, because you are not certain of the day or of the hour." (Mattew 25.13) But we can know the season:

1 Thessalonians 5:1 Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5 You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.

This is important to know. I believe that Christians will not be raptured before the great tribulation starts and the Lord Jesus won't return until after it ends. We NEED to know the season of our Lord's return so that our faith doesn't fail us when things get rough an we think Jesus should already be here.

🏖️
"What is your take on this pope?" The Pope is the head of the catholic people not of "born-again" people. History teaches us where the Catholic Church came from. It was neither funded on/by the apostle Peter nor by Christ (It was born because of the Edict of Costantino - 313 a.C.) and it has never preached the pure Gospel but only a religion made by a mix of Gospel and other beliefs, often adapting itself to the times. In Italy, this mix is very evident because many of the rituals adopted and practised by the Catholic Church come from paganism. Many Catholics practice them in good faith, without knowing that those rituals do not please God and have no relationship with the gospel of Christ. It is also true that many who consider themselves "catholic" actually are unbelievers.
"To me, he just might be the false prophet that the Bible talks". I'm not sure if the false prophet is this pope, the next one or will be a world-famous political figure. Surely this pope is working for that "globalism" that is the "good ground" for the antichrist kingdom.
"But we can know the season" I concur. Indeed we can clearly see we are in the right season right now!
Thank you for your prayer. I will pray for you.
Could I ask what's your name and where are you from?

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
"What is your take on this pope?" The Pope is the head of the catholic people not of "born-again" people. History teaches us where the Catholic Church came from. It was neither funded on/by the apostle Peter nor by Christ (It was born because of the Edict of Costantino - 313 a.C.) and it has never preached the pure Gospel but only a religion made by a mix of Gospel and other beliefs, often adapting itself to the times. In Italy, this mix is very evident because many of the rituals adopted and practised by the Catholic Church come from paganism. Many Catholics practice them in good faith, without knowing that those rituals do not please God and have no relationship with the gospel of Christ. It is also true that many who consider themselves "catholic" actually are unbelievers.
"To me, he just might be the false prophet that the Bible talks". I'm not sure if the false prophet is this pope, the next one or will be a world-famous political figure. Surely this pope is working for that "globalism" that is the "good ground" for the antichrist kingdom.
"But we can know the season" I concur. Indeed we can clearly see we are in the right season right now!
Thank you for your prayer. I will pray for you.
Could I ask what's your name and where are you from?

It's not my real name, but I've always like the name Melody. You could use that! I've been stalked when I was young so I tend to not to disclose any personal information, especially on the internet. I will say that I was born in the Philippines and legally live in the US right now. When this is all over and Jesus has come back, then I'll come meet you and tell you my real name. :)

It's really nice to know your point of view. I've always been curious about how Christians see things in other parts of the world. And now I can have a better idea of what to pray for Europe!

🏖️

Francesco

Italian Son of God
It's not my real name, but I've always like the name Melody. You could use that! I've been stalked when I was young so I tend to not to disclose any personal information, especially on the internet. I will say that I was born in the Philippines and legally live in the US right now. When this is all over and Jesus has come back, then I'll come meet you and tell you my real name. :)

It's really nice to know your point of view. I've always been curious about how Christians see things in other parts of the world. And now I can have a better idea of what to pray for Europe!

🏖️
Ok, I want to respect your privacy. Melody is a beautiful name. Thank you! God bless you.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
I see that the coffee has already done miracles here.

Okay, @Francesco and @2ndTimeIsTheCharm what is the general point of talking about the apocalypse on a daily basis?
What do we gain from this besides projecting a sense of anxiety and a inevitable sense of being false prophets when we assign dates, or link our current events into what we think is going to be the end of the world?

Because for me the apocalypse is a joyous event when it happens. It’s a sign of relief for us Christians. Finally God is here to redeem this fallen world and usher in the New Jerusalem.
So this for me is like hitting the lottery IF it happens in my lifetime.
But when I hear it on a daily basis and when people get worked up over an eclipse or an earthquake I can’t help but notice as a Christian that all we’re doing is pushing the unbelievers away with this behavior.

So, what is your response to this?
I‘ll be back with a few macchiatos in a few minutes.

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
I see that the coffee has already done miracles here.
:coffee::giggle::coffee:

Okay, @Francesco and @2ndTimeIsTheCharm what is the general point of talking about the apocalypse on a daily basis?
What do we gain from this besides projecting a sense of anxiety and a inevitable sense of being false prophets when we assign dates, or link our current events into what we think is going to be the end of the world?

Because for me the apocalypse is a joyous event when it happens. It’s a sign of relief for us Christians. Finally God is here to redeem this fallen world and usher in the New Jerusalem.
So this for me is like hitting the lottery IF it happens in my lifetime.
But when I hear it on a daily basis and when people get worked up over an eclipse or an earthquake I can’t help but notice as a Christian that all we’re doing is pushing the unbelievers away with this behavior.

So, what is your response to this?
I‘ll be back with a few macchiatos in a few minutes.

I consider myself a watchman who watches so you don't have to. :)

I'm pretty careful about gauging how close we are to what will happen so I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't think it could happen in our lifetime. It's just there are too many things that seemed to have come to pass such as
  • Israel becoming a nation in a day
  • the forming of the EU (the last kingdom, the feet of clay and iron)
  • the drying up of the Euphrates (estimated to completely dry up by 2040)
  • chip technology for mark of the beast
  • Neurolink being developing by Elon Musk
  • natural disasters occurring more often and more intensely (just look at that earthquake in Taiwan this past week)
Jesus' return is a truly joyous day, but before that, Satan is going to rage and try to get as many people from coming to or staying with the Lord. This is the great tribulation. Jesus said that would be the worst time, never to be equaled before or after. BUT He also said:

John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

I learned that the best way to prepare for this terrible period of time is NOT prepping, but building up my trust and faith in God to be able to endure to the end. Notice, that is what the Bible mainly says to prepare for it.

If you don't prepare for it, you'll just make things worse for yourself. You'll panic and increase your likelihood for doing the wrong thing.

You also wrote that you don't want to push unbelievers away by all this focus on the end times - when you preach to the unbelieving, this should NEVER be the focus, but Jesus who died to offer salvation to them. So I personally don't even mention the last days to unbelievers. I only talk about it to believers because of the specific prophecy that many will fall away - this is why I encourage believers to learn to endure to the end.

I suppose when the mark of beast is enforced, I would tell unbelievers who don't want the mark of the beast about the end times, but I will talk about what Jesus did for them first. I remember when the COVID vacc was being enforced and there were unbelievers who refused it saying they'd rather die, I told them you might as well get saved - why not come home to the Lord when you get killed rather than go to hell?

🏖️

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Okay these are good points and I thank you for your clear response here.
Theologically we differ a lot on how we interpret end times or even the core of Christianity which is salvation, so I don’t want to discuss theology because it’s not very fruitful and it’s been done many times before but I would simply like to understand someone’s motivation behind this.

First I’d like to say that it’s wonderful for not hitting unbelievers with this stuff and I also never do it or have never done it. It sets a bad example I think.

You make an interesting point though about this being a message for believers only because as the Bible says there will be a falling away.
However this is also difficult for me to understand how a believer can fall away during miraculous events?
Does this mean that this conversation will lead us into Calvinism again? lol. Maybe.

Finally you say that you consider yourself a watchman so we don’t have to.
So, will you call me and my family when you see anything significant happening so we can throw one last huge party before we go?

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Has Jesus not already redeemed this fallen world?
No, because sin and death and suffering still exist, and we are not in the presence of God obviously.
Jesus redeemed the spiritual level of this universe and went into Hades to free all the souls and renewed the covenant with us, the living here, so we can endure when He comes again to redeem everything on a material level.

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
Okay these are good points and I thank you for your clear response here.
Theologically we differ a lot on how we interpret end times or even the core of Christianity which is salvation, so I don’t want to discuss theology because it’s not very fruitful and it’s been done many times before but I would simply like to understand someone’s motivation behind this.

First I’d like to say that it’s wonderful for not hitting unbelievers with this stuff and I also never do it or have never done it. It sets a bad example I think.

You make an interesting point though about this being a message for believers only because as the Bible says there will be a falling away.
However this is also difficult for me to understand how a believer can fall away during miraculous events?
Does this mean that this conversation will lead us into Calvinism again? lol. Maybe.
There's no point telling unbelievers about that prophecy. How can an unbeliever fall away from something they've never believed in?

This doesn't really have anything to do with Calvinism. If the Bible says there will be a great falling away of Christians, then I have to believe that will happen regardless of what anyone else says. *Shrug* I mean, how can this prophecy be explained away other than what it actually says? So I want to warn believers as much as possible so that they don't become one of the fallen.

Finally you say that you consider yourself a watchman so we don’t have to.
So, will you call me and my family when you see anything significant happening so we can throw one last huge party before we go?
I think God just lead me into it. If God wants you to do something, He equips you for it. I'll be here to post about that kind of stuff so just watch my posts if you like. I will definitely warn you ahead of time so you and your family can throw a nice party! :)

🏖️