Women Pastors for women?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

susi

I know its not the issue of your OP, but still, I find it very hard for many of us to define what authority do pastors/teachers/prophets have in our today's churches.

So far, it seems that we are the ones judging their deeds, prophecies and teachings. So.. where is the submission to them, in what...?

It seems to me that its limited just to organizational problems, use of church money and similar.
I think we live in a society today that runs away from any type of authority.
God word says we must submit to our pastors/elders. But I don't think that analysing what they teach to see if its correct is wrong. Eitherwise we would be carried away by whatever doctrine.

I don't think its limited to what are saying. At least not biblically. Cause its spiritual sheperdness. Or should be Not only materialistic. Although in practise it may be unfortunately limited to that. In that case u dont need a shepard but a financial ministrator

W

whatev

The issue is I don't see how a woman can be named a Pastor of a church even though she only pastors/sheperds women. Its not a reason that permits her to be so..
I don't see how either, but not seeing it means I'd never join that church, not that it shouldn't happen.

I can see it might be worthwhile to join that church if I was abused by the other gender, so lost my trust in that gender. And, I can see that being a reason for both men and women to want to join that church. It might be a good reason to carefully interact with the other gender while feeling protected if I was feeling abused again. At least I wouldn't be completely cutting myself off.

There are many reasons I wouldn't join a church, and yet those same churches still exists because there are reasons the people who joined the church joined it.

Do we lose salvation if we go to a church with a woman pastor? Do we lose salvation if we were baptized as infants or baptized as adults? Do we lose salvation if we go to a reformed church or a semi-plagiarist church? Did I lose salvation because my church doesn't believe in deaconess? (I am a deaconess by calling. The only thing I'm missing is the title, and since the title doesn't matter, it doesn't bug me.)

I agree with you that women shouldn't be pastors. But, since that doesn't change the salvation I don't have problems with people disagreeing with me. Some things shouldn't divide fellowship. And that's one of them. I won't go to a church with a woman pastor, but I also won't tell others they shouldn't. There are enough churches that we don't have to settle or go somewhere we don't feel called to go.

W

whatev

I think we live in a society today that runs away from any type of authority.
God word says we must submit to our pastors/elders. But I don't think that analysing what they teach to see if its correct is wrong. Eitherwise we would be carried away by whatever doctrine.

I don't think its limited to what are saying. At least not biblically. Cause its spiritual sheperdness. Or should be Not only materialistic. Although in practise it may be unfortunately limited to that. In that case u dont need a shepard but a financial ministrator
We live within that society, but it is not our society. We are sojourners in a foreign land. Just passing through society.

J

joefizz

All this talk about pastoring is getting me to "seriously" try to "study" such "popular topics" as this...

S

susi

I don't see how either, but not seeing it means I'd never join that church, not that it shouldn't happen.

I can see it might be worthwhile to join that church if I was abused by the other gender, so lost my trust in that gender. And, I can see that being a reason for both men and women to want to join that church. It might be a good reason to carefully interact with the other gender while feeling protected if I was feeling abused again. At least I wouldn't be completely cutting myself off.

There are many reasons I wouldn't join a church, and yet those same churches still exists because there are reasons the people who joined the church joined it.

Do we lose salvation if we go to a church with a woman pastor? Do we lose salvation if we were baptized as infants or baptized as adults? Do we lose salvation if we go to a reformed church or a semi-plagiarist church? Did I lose salvation because my church doesn't believe in deaconess? (I am a deaconess by calling. The only thing I'm missing is the title, and since the title doesn't matter, it doesn't bug me.)

I agree with you that women shouldn't be pastors. But, since that doesn't change the salvation I don't have problems with people disagreeing with me. Some things shouldn't divide fellowship. And that's one of them. I won't go to a church with a woman pastor, but I also won't tell others they shouldn't. There are enough churches that we don't have to settle or go somewhere we don't feel called to go.
As I posted on my 1st post I was talking about my brothers church. Im not expecting everyone to agree with me and i wouldn't tell my brother not to go to that church if he feels ok there. But although alot of issues dont have to do, or effect salvation isnt an excuse to do wrong.
The issue is that the church i attend seems to be heading in the same direction by what I see in the mentality. The church I grew up in and where was baptised, married etc.
I live in Spain. This is not the USA. There are hardly any churches at all. Not going to this church might mean not going to one at all....so as u see it is an issue for me.

J

joefizz

As I posted on my 1st post I was talking about my brothers church. Im not expecting everyone to agree with me and i wouldn't tell my brother not to go to that church if he feels ok there. But although alot of issues dont have to do, or effect salvation isnt an excuse to do wrong.
The issue is that the church i attend seems to be heading in the same direction by what I see in the mentality. The church I grew up in and where was baptised, married etc.
I live in Spain. This is not the USA. There are hardly any churches at all. Not going to this church might mean not going to one at all....so as u see it is an issue for me.
Yeah church is for "multiple purposes"...
1.Fellowship-gathering together to encourage one another in worship and friendly words
2.Learning God's word-Hearing of the bible,reading the bible,and discussing the bible
3.Tithing/missionary work planning-Giving to God through a church or in some form to him
4.Prayer-Giving thanks to God through Jesus and asking for intervention for others or one's self
-------------------------------
Now really any church can crumble by way of lack of any of these things...
For example if no one gives tithes then there may be no church or if members are uncivil it may lose people, the church is really the "People" whom make it up so no people, no church or like wise no effort by people in these areas then no church.

W

whatev

I am now assuming most churches are Catholic, so that kills going to "most churches." You are not in a Catholic church though. I can give you a head start on this one. If I had joined my current denomination in the 1950s, (which surely didn't happen because I was busy learning how to go from diapers to Big Girl pants in the 1950s :LOL:), I would have been a United Presbyterian. But sometime in the 50s or 60s, the UPs decided women can be pastors. And so the church broke in half. The ones who thought women could be pastors have now gone all the way to homosexuals and transgenders can be pastors, but between that first decision and their latest decision there were others who borke away. Some made it. Some didn't. Last I heard there were five groups of Presbyterians in the US between the 50s and now. One group has since joined with another group, so there are only four.

This is what causes divisions in church. There will always be a group who will follow the Lord no matter what. And there will always be those who will follow society blindly. But the Lord promised us something. He will always have a remnant. There may not be loads of true-believing Spanairds, but there will always be a remnant. God promised remnant. Trust him on this one.

The splits take years, but they do happen. Right now you're in a church that hasn't accepted society's ways. Stay until or if that changes. Five splits in 60 years for my denomination. Doesn't that suggest it happens, but God's people adjust?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Once again calibaba you lost me...
Four Square isa demonination in which four pastors, two husbands with two wives [their own] share the pulpit and preach. They are close to assembly of God in doctrine but share the pulpit, in four turns.

I would like to hear from some.

J

joefizz

Four Square isa demonination in which four pastors, two husbands with two wives [their own] share the pulpit and preach. They are close to assembly of God in doctrine but share the pulpit, in four turns.

I would like to hear from some.
Oh ok I think I've been to one before,at least one with four preachers.

S

susi

I am now assuming most churches are Catholic, so that kills going to "most churches." You are not in a Catholic church though. I can give you a head start on this one. If I had joined my current denomination in the 1950s, (which surely didn't happen because I was busy learning how to go from diapers to Big Girl pants in the 1950s :LOL:), I would have been a United Presbyterian. But sometime in the 50s or 60s, the UPs decided women can be pastors. And so the church broke in half. The ones who thought women could be pastors have now gone all the way to homosexuals and transgenders can be pastors, but between that first decision and their latest decision there were others who borke away. Some made it. Some didn't. Last I heard there were five groups of Presbyterians in the US between the 50s and now. One group has since joined with another group, so there are only four.

This is what causes divisions in church. There will always be a group who will follow the Lord no matter what. And there will always be those who will follow society blindly. But the Lord promised us something. He will always have a remnant. There may not be loads of true-believing Spanairds, but there will always be a remnant. God promised remnant. Trust him on this one.

The splits take years, but they do happen. Right now you're in a church that hasn't accepted society's ways. Stay until or if that changes. Five splits in 60 years for my denomination. Doesn't that suggest it happens, but God's people adjust?
True...

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
Hi, I'm wondering if someone could give me some biblical info stating that women can be pastors as long as they only pastor women in a church.
My brother goes to a church where they have 2 pastors. A male one and a female one. He says its ok to have a women pastor, cause she only pastors women...
He says we all in some way are called to pastor each other anyway..
And what a better way for women to be pastored by another women who can understand her better.
Is this biblical? Where does it say women can be pastors even if its just in this way?
If there are 2 pastors I imagine they get together to discuss and decide over church matters that effect women and men of the church...
Can a woman have authority over other women? E.g a discipline matter?
Thanks
There are many women pastors in the new testament. Your brothers church is false when it practices sexual discrimination and segregation in the ministry of the word.

We are all one in Christ.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
There are many women pastors in the new testament. Your brothers church is false when it practices sexual discrimination and segregation in the ministry of the word.

We are all one in Christ.
i wonder, if mary magdaline were to walk into church today and share, how many would listen?

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
i wonder, if mary magdaline were to walk into church today and share, how many would listen?
I think all you have to do to find that answer is to read the foremost offenders who think themselves holy as they denigrate women being called to preach. Not just this thread but those others that talk about the same topic. And really, do you think such men truly believe they'll answer to God for that when they're dead? If they did would they do as much as they do and say what they say so as to have to face that judgment in the end?
And they do this because they think it is for the cause of Christ? I'd like to see how that ends up when they meet him in judgment. Though I do confess I'd want to be standing at a distance. :sneaky:

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I think all you have to do to find that answer is to read the foremost offenders who think themselves holy as they denigrate women being called to preach. Not just this thread but those others that talk about the same topic. And really, do you think such men truly believe they'll answer to God for that when they're dead? If they did would they do as much as they do and say what they say so as to have to face that judgment in the end?
And they do this because they think it is for the cause of Christ? I'd like to see how that ends up when they meet him in judgment. Though I do confess I'd want to be standing at a distance. :sneaky:
I would like to stand near you and keep the blood off of my shoes.

J

joefizz

I would like to stand near you and keep the blood off of my shoes.
:LOL:
Watch at your own risk! Besides I'm not going to be wearing shoes in Heaven.
Seems you two are ...getting along...????:unsure:

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Nah, it's just a distraction so he doesn't see coming the flying monkeys that I sent after him.:p
Ha! I'm 64 and have at least 9 grand kids so i've probably seen the Wizard of Oz more than the two of you have seen Star Wars combined.
I'll get you my pretty,,,and your little dog too.......................

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
Ha! I'm 64 and have at least 9 grand kids so i've probably seen the Wizard of Oz more than the two of you have seen Star Wars combined.
I'll get you my pretty,,,and your little dog too.......................
:LOL:(y)

Drats! He's on to us. Move to plan B!

:giggle: