Women Pastors

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7, 2024
in Luke 2, how old was Jesus when He was dialoging the scribes and teachers in the temple?
12 - a year before the Jewish coming-of-age.

now, as an human He is extraordinary - a man in which there is no sin, the likes of which was never seen since Adam - but why do you suppose He put in His book this record? why is it there specified He is still a child?

there are any number of things we as adults do not understand, but still believe. perhaps all things, ha!
so i would not be so quick to dismiss children in the way you have.
I can reject and dismiss any child's application for Church membership, because there's no such thing as a mature child. I've never heard of a mature child, have you. The Lord Jesus Christ was still Jehovah God at the age of 12, when He taught in the Synagogue. So you can't use Him as an example.

So I can dismiss the "mature child" myth, because there's no such thing. You can't be young and old at the same time

Dec 3, 2023
I can reject and dismiss any child's application for Church membership, because there's no such thing as a mature child. I've never heard of a mature child, have you. The Lord Jesus Christ was still Jehovah God at the age of 12, when He taught in the Synagogue. So you can't use Him as an example.

So I can dismiss the "mature child" myth, because there's no such thing. You can't be young and old at the same time
Why do you refuse a child's application for membership in the church?What's the reason?Because you have the right.Please explain your reasons in detail.

The Gospel of Luke 18:16
But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

Oh.Don't be a "woman" who wants to take away her husband's rights

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011

15 But when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that He did, and the children crying out in the temple and saying, “Hosanna to the Son of David!” they were [a]indignant 16 and said to Him, “Do You hear what these are saying?”

And Jesus said to them, “Yes. Have you never read,

‘Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants
You have perfected praise’?”

Hate to break it to ya Charlie, but you are not reminding me of the Good Guy in this passage. :confused:

Also, Samuel was referred to as a "boy" when God spoke to him in the temple with a very strong message for Eli, who was much older than Samuel but had disobeyed God. Age does not always bring wisdom, obedience, or maturity.

Mar 7, 2024
This makes me wonder. Do you think children who haven't reached the age of accountability will not go to heaven if they die before that or won't be raptured when Jesus returns?

Either way, I think it's important for mothers to teach their children about Jesus at the earliest age possible. (Infants can hear their mother around the 26th week for example so it would be good if they hear Mom pray to Jesus aloud and read the Bible out loud to them regularly while the fetus is developing). Young children are more accepting of Jesus and His ways at early ages.

The way you talk about your church, even if you don't see the children of church members as being part of the church, you do STILL teach them about Jesus right???

God will raise up willing women to do what God wants. His work won't be stopped just because no man will step up. That should shame the men! I think feminization of the church has also encouraged the men to become lax.

🍇
The question of what happens to unbaptized children if they die, is disputed in the Church. Some denominations say they can't go to heaven because their sin was not washed away in baptism. Other denominations believe that God overlooks the fact that they haven't been baptized and allows them entry into heaven regardless.

So it's up to the individual, to decide which denomination they choose to believe. I don't believe in denominational Churches, because they don't obey Gods order. That's why I joined an independent non denominational Church

The children in our Church attend a Bible class before the main service, then they join the members and everyone sits together for the main service. So the children are most certainly taught about Jesus, we consider teaching children to be just as important as teaching adults so we are equally important.

Mar 7, 2024
Who gives you are right to say whether a child is part of the church or not. You don't know the hearts of people only God knows that.
How do you know who is genuinely converted? Do you sit there ticking boxes?
God gave me the right to deny children Church membership. Why didn't God chose any children to join the Church when He established it.
See you need to deal with the facts and leave your emotions out of it, as they will get in the way of your reasoning.

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
Jesus rebukes the Disciples for rejecting children but we have some views claiming ultimately that is what God desires.

Mar 7, 2024
Jesus will be surprised to hear this. “...Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” Matt 19:14 ESV
That verse is utterly irrelevant, you shouldn't pluck Bible verses out of their intended context and twist them to support your private view.
Jesus said that to His disciples, because they were afflicted by pride. They wanted Jesus to give them all His attention and ignore the children, so Jesus gave them a lesson in humility by saying that the humble will be the greatest in heaven.

So the verse you tried to use had nothing to do with children at all. Jesus was just using an example of humility, that's why he mentioned children because they are usually not pumped up with pride like adults are.

It always helps to consider the context of verses, they should never be plucked out of their intended context. This is what causes confusion and erroneous doctrines.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Jesus rebukes the Disciples for rejecting children but we have some views claiming ultimately that is what God desires.
He welcomes children into the church and knows they are sanctified by believing parents. He simply is saying that by and large they are not part of the church universal consisting of only believers.

Mar 7, 2024
15 But when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that He did, and the children crying out in the temple and saying, “Hosanna to the Son of David!” they were [a]indignant 16 and said to Him, “Do You hear what these are saying?”

And Jesus said to them, “Yes. Have you never read,

‘Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants
You have perfected praise’?”

Hate to break it to ya Charlie, but you are not reminding me of the Good Guy in this passage. :confused:

Also, Samuel was referred to as a "boy" when God spoke to him in the temple with a very strong message for Eli, who was much older than Samuel but had disobeyed God. Age does not always bring wisdom, obedience, or maturity.
I'm still waiting for a single shred of evidence to support the private views and strange interpretations of those who think that a Child can be mature enough to become a member of the Body of Christ. There is absolutely zero Biblical evidence to support your theory.

BTW I hate to break it to you, but the Church didn't exist at the time of those supporting scriptures you exhibited as evidence. So your argument is null and void

Dec 3, 2023
That verse is utterly irrelevant, you shouldn't pluck Bible verses out of their intended context and twist them to support your private view.
Jesus said that to His disciples, because they were afflicted by pride. They wanted Jesus to give them all His attention and ignore the children, so Jesus gave them a lesson in humility by saying that the humble will be the greatest in heaven.

So the verse you tried to use had nothing to do with children at all. Jesus was just using an example of humility, that's why he mentioned children because they are usually not pumped up with pride like adults are.

It always helps to consider the context of verses, they should never be plucked out of their intended context. This is what causes confusion and erroneous doctrines.
First of all, I respect your understanding.If a child represents humility,So what made you refuse humility?
It is your supervisor who judges that a child can't learn the knowledge of God.Or do you already know that those children can be saved by the church, as if God had told you a clear list of children?Then why don't you looking for these children?Because you are connected with God.Then please tell me, is my child saved?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Yeah, God never intended for women to rule over men. Yeah.

Oh, except for Deborah of course. She ruled over all of Israel for forty years. Guess God musta took those forty years off, right? Yeah.......

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The Lord Jesus Christ was still Jehovah God at the age of 12, when He taught in the Synagogue. So you can't use Him as an example.

then why does Luke record this?
why does God want you to know that a boy below the age of accountability was amazing the chief teachers in the temple with His understanding?

Christ's humanity isn't set aside by His deity. both are present. and He tells us we have to become like little children in order to enter the kingdom of God - if we, being aged, must become like children in order to enter, why should children become like adults to enter?

the thing they will have to do as soon as they are like adults is to become like children again!

i was certainly saved before i was 18 —but do you say i am not saved? because my baptism was when i was 13?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The children in our Church attend a Bible class before the main service, then they join the members and everyone sits together for the main service. So the children are most certainly taught about Jesus, we consider teaching children to be just as important as teaching adults so we are equally important.
except that you think their teaching is utterly useless beyond 'if they reach 18 years old maybe they'll remember it'

why teach them at all if you don't think they are capable of believing and responding to what they are taught?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
why does God want you to know that a boy below the age of accountability was amazing the chief teachers in the temple with His understanding?

Christ's humanity isn't set aside by His deity. both are present. and He tells us we have to become like little children in order to enter the kingdom of God - if we, being aged, must become like children in order to enter, why should children become like adults to enter?

the thing they will have to do as soon as they are like adults is to become like children again!

i was certainly saved before i was 18 —but do you say i am not saved? because my baptism was when i was 13?
Where do you find age of accountability in the scripture?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
except that you think their teaching is utterly useless beyond 'if they reach 18 years old maybe they'll remember it'

why teach them at all if you don't think they are capable of believing and responding to what they are taught?
Laying groundwork. Christianity isn't so much taught as caught.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Did you know that God's Word teaches that only men can be anointed / called to be pastors, deacons, church leaders?
there may be an occasional exception to the rule
God is able to use whomever He chooses whenever He wishes, and on occasion He breaks with the "norms" in situations where those norms become unworkable.
I guess that maybe it is best to seek the Spirit for each individual situation then? Little denomination distinctions and add-ons are cookie-cutter solutions that cause more trouble than they fix. Jesus Himself was accused of being a rule-breaker on several occasions. Holiness and righteousness are of the heart, not the handbook.

Mar 7, 2024

I thought we put this to bed already. I mentioned in my last reply, that God can't apply for membership in the Church because He is the Church.
And the situation in Luke with the children had nothing to do with Church membership. It was all about the importance of humility, because the proud Christian will be eating the crumbs at the feast table in heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.