Women Preachers.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Knightjester

I, THE WOMEN AND THE LEADERSHIP

I know somewhere there are women leaders in the Bible
I know God called Deborah to be the judge of Israel (Judges 4:4-5)
I also know Philip's daughters were prophetesses (Acts 21:8-9)

I'm nothing against the scripture,
I know it is written, and,.
I agree with Paul, circumstantially - contextually!

In having spiritual authority over men, why can't?
I ask you a question, "Do women sin and men don't?"

I do believe God gave ministry gifts to women to have a significant role in the Church
I now bow to every single God-fearing woman in the world.

I, from the bottom of my heart,
~Ren.

:);):D

Sep 26, 2003
As one who has decided that for the ministries sake I need to become Ordained I see no problem with Women being Evanglist or teachers....Or Deconisss.....Preacher is clearly define ....must be the HUSBAND of ONE WIFE.....Thats it....

A

Aussie_Gurl

yeah God hasn't changed neither his words, just peoples point of view :p

K

karate_teen2008

ok everyone just look up what the Bible says about Women Preachers and there ya go! let the HOLY SPIRIT lead

S

soccerboo

If God wanted a women preacher HE WOULDA SENT A WOMEN VERSION OF JESUS, thats my way anyways, Jesus is a preacher, a guy, if God wanted women preachers he would of sent a jesusetta or something of the sort...

Its a guys job...
in the bible there was only guys....women helped out, say like reading the passages, but not to preach..

A

Aussie_Gurl

why did God call the following women, when God only uses guys?

a. DEBORAH - Judges 4:4-5. Deborah was a Judge for both civil and criminal cases. The children of Israel came to her for judgment. She was the chief ruler of Israel for 40 years, giving orders to the Generals and all the army. She did the work of an evangelist, prophetess, Judge, and a preacher. God gave her authority over the mighty (Judges 5:13).

b. MIRIAM - Exodus 15:20; Numbers 12:1; Micah 6:4. She was a Prophetess and a Song Leader in Israel.

c. HULDAH - 2 Kings 22:14. Five men went to Sister Huldah and communed with her. She spoke to a congregation of men concerning the book of the Law. A female preached to a man's congregation, and her message was taken to the nation and produced a revival.

d. MAHER-SHALAL-HASH-BAZ'S MOTHER - Isaiah 8:3. She was a prophetess.

God called and used women preachers in the New Testament.

a. The first message of the Resurrection of Christ was spoken by women to a group of men.

b. Anna - Luke 2:36-38. She must have prophesied in church, because she did not depart from the temple.

c. Phillip had 4 daughters who prophesied. Acts 21:9.

d. Priscilla assisted Paul in his revival meeting and even taught Apollos in the way of the Lord more perfectly.

e. Phebe - Romans 16:1-2. Paul commended Phebe to the Church at Rome and requested that they assist her in her business. She was one of Paul's assistants in the work of the Lord and delivered the Book of Romans to the people from the hand of Paul.

K

Knightjester

:eek::eek:

If God wanted a women preacher HE WOULDA SENT A WOMEN VERSION OF JESUS, thats my way anyways, Jesus is a preacher, a guy, if God wanted women preachers he would of sent a jesusetta or something of the sort...

Its a guys job...
in the bible there was only guys....women helped out, say like reading the passages, but not to preach..

Look who's preaching now,. I thought it's against the.. well, unless you are a male tho'

:D:p

Dec 24, 2008
The Word of God is the Will of God.

Now, you can look at verses from Timothy and 1 Corinthians and come to the conclusion that women should not teach in the church.

You must also however account for 2 Corinthians 5 where it states that we [all born again believers - men and women] have been given the ministry of reconciliation...........and God has committed unto all born again believers -- men and women-- the word of reconciliation.

Since all scripture is given by inspiration of God........they all hold equal weight and all are God's Word.

Since God's Word is perfect, there can be no contradiction............what may seem a contradiction lies either in our understanding or in translation.

So we are instructed to rightly-divide the Word [2 Timothy 2:15]

Where you rightly-divide it, you'll have the truth.
Where you wrongly-divide it, you'll have error.
Even though you are sincere in both cases

Our job as workmen of the Word is to see how the Word fits like a hand in a glove....only critics of the Word joy in trying to tear it apart.

We don't need private interpretation..........the key is in the Word itself........God's Word interprets itself........keep studying..........

L

lovespeace123

MarkHelp, in your opinion, what is the God's perfect, pleasing will in terms of gender equality and women in leadership?

;)

LSL

D

doodlebug

We discussed this topic in my Christan Theology class last semester. This whole idea of what we call "Big T" Traditions and "small t" traditions. The Traditions are the ones that have been around since the advent of Christianity, and the traditions are little things that have kind of developed through the years. The fact that women cannot be preachers is a Big "T" Tradition. It has been that way from the start. However, things like celibacy of Roman Catholic priests is a small "t" tradition, because it is a more recent development (recent meaning, it hasn't been there from the beginning, not recent in the timeline of a human life!).

L

Lil_warrior

The fact that women cannot be preachers is a Big "T" Tradition. It has been that way from the start.
true, true, i mean, even my dad who is so macho man dude, agrees that women should preach. that's the only reason i'm in his class! cuz he wants me to preach too

Dec 24, 2008
They expounded the Word to Apollos more accurately.........not to Paul

Dec 24, 2008
For nChrist

they expounded the Word more accurately to Apollos who knew ONLY the baptism of John

Dec 24, 2008
God bless to you Lovespeace123
When I look at the term "gender equality" I think of how God loves each of His children equally. God is the perfect Dad. He does not love one child more than another. He gave all His children [male and female] the SAME Righteousness, Justification, Sanctification and Redemption, gift of holy spirit,as well as the Ministry and Word of Reconciliation...He is NO respector of persons. I don't think you can get any better "gender equality" than that.

As concerning "women in leadership" let's look at God's "Big Picture." We [all born again believer's] are members of the Body of Christ. We ALL have functions and ministries in that Body. We ALL have to carry out our responsibilities so the Body can function. We are all interdependent upon each other. We are in the Body as it has pleased Him, as the Word says. MEN AND WOMEN have to rise up to believe God's Word.
There are so many examples of dynamic women who believed God's Word and had ministries.
Philippians 2:13 is true of every single believer......God is at work in you.....male and female.
We all need to rise up and believe God's Word.........God cannot move with people who do not believe.
God is going to move in the heart and life of a woman who believes.
God is going to move in the heart and life of a man who believes.
It's just that simple..........no truth [verse] in God's Word can be allowed to contradict the basic spiritual principle that God is no respector of persons, just as no truth [verse] in God's Word can be allowed to contradict that "God so loved that He gave...."

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.