Women preachers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter YoungJesusFreak
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
It is not just the independents.. I grew up a baptist. and went to many varying types. They all were this way.

I know we disagree on some things EG, but on this I do agree with you. In my opinion, this is why they throw rocks and attack other denominations so hard and so frequently. The old, if I put you on defense, then you cannot go on the offense to peek under my hood strategy.

The real issue several Male Baptists refuse to acknowledge is that their own denomination's reputation speaks louder than any attack.

Where I live, we have several different protestant denominations and the Full Gospel church, all of us know that we will not allow our kids to go to any of the Baptist church youth functions. Because we know that is where our kids will get the drugs, smokes, sex, porn and anything else of the devil.

We don't say anything, we just pass on it. Naturally, the Baptist churches cry a river of tears and then get mad and do what they do best. Attack everyone and start silent reputation destroying campaigns, because they are so "persecuted" and "misunderstood" and we need more unity in the body.

What we find, is that most denominational Baptists are more worldly, than the rest of us, and engage in seeker sensitive ways to increase membership. The you have the super conservative IBC/Bible Believers....thankfully for us, they are in the more urban areas.

The Free will baptists in our area are middle of the road on the other 2, but are really now social and government change focused. Most of the drive is to instill fear into people about the current state of America and her taking away your rights on everything from voting to guns to your bedroom. We don't hear much about Jesus when you go into their church anymore.

All Baptists used to be known for their astute teaching of the word, and getting you fully immersed in the Bible. Now, at least in my own opinion, they preach a powerless Gospel, epitomize what life is like living under the law, lead the way in hypocrisy, have turned the word into an IDOL, by placing a translation over Jesus, and rapid attack dogs, that are rooted and grounded solely in pride and arrogance!

In my opinion, I guess I could say most all baptists to me, represent modern day Pharisees.
 
I know we disagree on some things EG, but on this I do agree with you. In my opinion, this is why they throw rocks and attack other denominations so hard and so frequently. The old, if I put you on defense, then you cannot go on the offense to peek under my hood strategy.

The real issue several Male Baptists refuse to acknowledge is that their own denomination's reputation speaks louder than any attack.

Where I live, we have several different protestant denominations and the Full Gospel church, all of us know that we will not allow our kids to go to any of the Baptist church youth functions. Because we know that is where our kids will get the drugs, smokes, sex, porn and anything else of the devil.

We don't say anything, we just pass on it. Naturally, the Baptist churches cry a river of tears and then get mad and do what they do best. Attack everyone and start silent reputation destroying campaigns, because they are so "persecuted" and "misunderstood" and we need more unity in the body.

What we find, is that most denominational Baptists are more worldly, than the rest of us, and engage in seeker sensitive ways to increase membership. The you have the super conservative IBC/Bible Believers....thankfully for us, they are in the more urban areas.

The Free will baptists in our area are middle of the road on the other 2, but are really now social and government change focused. Most of the drive is to instill fear into people about the current state of America and her taking away your rights on everything from voting to guns to your bedroom. We don't hear much about Jesus when you go into their church anymore.

All Baptists used to be known for their astute teaching of the word, and getting you fully immersed in the Bible. Now, at least in my own opinion, they preach a powerless Gospel, epitomize what life is like living under the law, lead the way in hypocrisy, have turned the word into an IDOL, by placing a translation over Jesus, and rapid attack dogs, that are rooted and grounded solely in pride and arrogance!

In my opinion, I guess I could say most all baptists to me, represent modern day Pharisees.

Yes and know. they preach a gospel of faith. Their issue is they teach that saved people would not do some things. then as you say, they do it themselves. (which is what legalism does. it makes yuo hide your sin, and prevents you from getting help with your sin)

I was saved in that church. But I go to a non denominational church now. And am glad I escaped the legalism in that church (which is why I fight it so hard by the way)
 
Yes and know. they preach a gospel of faith. Their issue is they teach that saved people would not do some things. then as you say, they do it themselves. (which is what legalism does. it makes yuo hide your sin, and prevents you from getting help with your sin)

I was saved in that church. But I go to a non denominational church now. And am glad I escaped the legalism in that church (which is why I fight it so hard by the way)

I know why you fight hard, sorry for the times we have been 2 rams on the mountain top head butting each other. :D

I thank the Lord for my Dad, who is with the Lord now, for waking up and getting us out a IBC/Bible Believers Cult when I was about 14. I still decided to go into the wilderness, because of a serious hurt they did to me, but God is Faithful and I have forgiven all of them.
 
Does that mean that God's Word is dated? Or God's Word doesn't apply to us because we live in the (modern, liberal, wicked) society of the 21'st century?

Nope! Just means you understand what is being said and why...not that it isn't applicable to today. I still get the same message that paul was saying, Unity...divided church with no order or direction is not okay, with the women shouting questions during service, people couldn't get the word...the word we need to go through another week. You can see how that would be a problem! :D
 
Last edited:
I know why you fight hard, sorry for the times we have been 2 rams on the mountain top head butting each other. :D

I thank the Lord for my Dad, who is with the Lord now, for waking up and getting us out a IBC/Bible Believers Cult when I was about 14. I still decided to go into the wilderness, because of a serious hurt they did to me, but God is Faithful and I have forgiven all of them.

its ok. these head butts make us stronger!

I am glad you found freedom also!
 
Women preachers? What is that? Preagnant males? What is that? Can a man be the glory of a woman? Or is the woman the glory of the man? And the man the glory of Christ? Can those roles be reversed? Why even ask the question? God gave the answer VERY clearly in all scripture.


Why would God say this?.... 1 Cor 11:7... Can this EVER be reversed? NOPE! ... For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

And this will NEVER change no matter how many people try to justify woman preachers. 1 Cor 14 says we should leave them IGNORANT... I do! This is not for the ones that believe in woman preachers, this is writen as CONFIRMATION to the ones that believe in God! And His glory and image and Truth.
 
Definitely God the Father and God the Son are males. The Spirit of Wisdom is female, according to the Word. [/COLOR][/INDENT]
[/COLOR]

There is a lot of figurative language in Scripture. Proverbs 8 speaks of wisdom personified, which some identify as the Lord Jesus.
 
There is a lot of figurative language in Scripture. Proverbs 8 speaks of wisdom personified, which some identify as the Lord Jesus.

This is not so according to Isaiah 11.1-4. In verse 2 it says the spirit of wisdom will rest upon him, him being Jesus Christ.

Prov 9.1 says that Wisdom has hewn out her 7 pillars. They are listed in Prov 8.12-14, and also found in Isaiah 11.1-2.

Wisdom is not Jesus Christ, it one of the 7 Spirits of God and the 7 Spirits of God are the 7 attributes of the Holy Spirit. Isaiah 11 tell sus that Jesus Christ will be endued with power and the Holy Ghost shall rest upon him.

If you study out the Hebrew words for Spirit and Wisdom, they are both feminine nouns. I did not answer this to debate if wisdom is a woman, I answered this to shed truth that Wisdom in Prov 8 is not Jesus Christ, it is an attribute of the Holy Spirit, and if you rightly divide Prov 8 w/Job 28 & Gen 1.2 you will see what I mean.