Women Who Struggle With Negative Self Worth And Low Self Esteem

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I think after having three kids maybe your wife is a bit exhausted. (most women dont have three breasts or three hands)
men you have to remember a womans body is host to a live baby for 9 months and every month when she isnt having a baby her body is renewing itself. If she doesnt have enough rest, i.e. beauty sleep, its going to break down.

There is a lot going on. What your wife needs is regular breaks or if she hasnt had one a weeklong pamper vacation!
Oh yeah we incorporate all that but it still lingers over her.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Oh yeah we incorporate all that but it still lingers over her.
you might have to chat with her parents. negative or critical self remonstrations sometimes have their origins with family dynamics.

eg eating disorders like anorexia...most often to do with controlling mothers
bulimia..same thing but comfort eating and purging is a vicious cycle
being a perfectionist...can also have something to do with religiousity.

Stuff like that can be rooted out through prayer and fasting and telling Satan to get lost.
I dont know why so many people believe lies about themselves but they do, mostly cos someone in authority has told them something, and they believe it.

GardenofWeeden

Jul 27, 2018
The Garden of Weeden
Amen....may God protect all the children. They are under intensive assault by the king of lies, both boys and girls. They need people with the truth in their hearts to watch over and protect them in Jesus name. Lord intervene in their behalf.
My 3 daughters are sooooo much more confident in their appearance and their self worth than I ever was, and I am so thankful that I didn't pass my insecurities on to them. I was so blessed to have daughters!! They are even great at helping me build my self esteem, now. They will be such amazing mothers one day!!

M

MoonCresta

Yes this is a universal human issue not a woman issue
"our culture ignores them" yes they do. And unfortunately, it can get very violent as young men view themselves as turned away as 'undesireables' by the women of our day. I speak of the incels. I feel very bad for them, as they have a very strong sex drive and no where to appropriately express it. These are young men that have been turned away by society and feel so angry and betrayed, not only by women, but by God for making them that way. They do not even have the basics on how to approach a woman. They don't know - they don't know. And nobody knows how to tell them to just be yourself and be friendly, generate interests; live a good live and women will be drawn to you.

Deep dark secret. I could've easily been an incel, except by the grace of God. I prayed for a wife, fasting every Saturday for three weeks, went to church and met the ONE. Married 30 years last December.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
As a baby I was given to a woman not my mother when my mother was ill. I was six by the time my mother could take me back and she then told me I was all wrong, I must change to her ways as I was her child now. My mother never approved of anything I did to try to please her. Her last words to m when she died in my house at 80 were "you'll never make it you will have to change". I felt so ashamed of myself.

I bought backpacking equipment and a huge dog and went off on an isolated trail. When I was deep in wilderness I shouted that I was created by the Lord and no persons had a right to condemn that creation, but I was to follow Him, not them. I told my mother she had no right to say I was all wrong.

It was freeing myself to live for the Lord, not for my mother. I wonder if there are others who grew up in homes where they were told they are all wrong and believe what they are told about themselves?

G

Godsgirl83

For men, self-esteem struggles typically look very different than those of females... and that's why our culture ignores them.
I haven't read through the rest of this thread yet, so don't know if this has already been answered.........

Would you mind explaining this more?
What might self-esteem struggles look like in men?

G

Godsgirl83

I haven't read through the rest of this thread yet, so don't know if this has already been answered.........

Would you mind explaining this more?
What might self-esteem struggles look like in men?

or maybe not now that I see this:

It was what I wrote to my church for mother's day.
:unsure: perhaps this thread is more appropriate sticking to females

but I wonder, has anyone started a (recent) thread on this issue for males?
If so, please link me to it.
If not then perhaps one should be started.
I would be most curious to have my above questions answered.

G

Godsgirl83

Proverbs 31:30

Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last;
but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I wonder what that question is? "Do Males Struggle With Negative Self Worth And Low Self Esteem?" Ask Prince Harry from the UK. :cool: What did he call his privileged upbringing? "Genetic pain and suffering"? Poor boy. Someone should have told him to stay away from Meghan and her Woke ideas. And then he comes to the United States and calls the First Amendment "bonkers"? Did no one tell him that marrying Markle was bonkers? Piers Morgan should have given him some timely advice.

T

TheIndianGirl

Other people cause a person's self esteem issues (a spouse, a parent, an ex, a friend, a bad teacher, etc.), it is not caused by a person herself/himself. As long as a person is surrounded by supportive and encouraging people, a person should not have self esteem issues. If a person is with someone who is causing self esteem issues, it is best if that person does not have that type of influence. Believing God loves you is important.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
or maybe not now that I see this:

:unsure: perhaps this thread is more appropriate sticking to females

but I wonder, has anyone started a (recent) thread on this issue for males?
If so, please link me to it.
If not then perhaps one should be started.
I have not seen a thread for males but the general the truths in the OP can be applied to males with low self-esteem.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Other people cause a person's self esteem issues...it is not caused by a person herself/himself.
While children and teenagers may be vulnerable to the manipulation of others, adults are not. Others cannot determine your opinion of yourself or your self-understanding. So the old adage is "Know Thyself" and in the words of Christ "Physician, heal thyself" (in a different context). The culture and cult of victimhood has made everyone into a victim, but only you can determine if you are a victim or not. And nobody is a victim if they choose not to be.

yuli21

May 2, 2021
Canada
Do not be so hard on yourself, and remember it is in God where we measure our self-worth. Amen.
.”[/QUOTE]

Yes! And often you are seeing yourself through someone else's insecurity. We have to accept that we can't control opinions of others, and we'll encounter people over and over again who will try to project their insecurities/negative opinions onto us.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Yes! And often you are seeing yourself through someone else's insecurity. We have to accept that we can't control opinions of others, and we'll encounter people over and over again who will try to project their insecurities/negative opinions onto us.[/QUOTE]

Very true. When we fall into the pull of envy, we are accepting that we are not enough. If we compare ourselves to fellow humans, we will always find something inadequate. But we can also find the opposite if we look in the other direction as some are more inadequate than us, creating pride.

God commands us to view life differently. We should only want to imitate Christ. Envy the relationship of the seasoned saints. Do we want to imitate Saul or Paul? God looks at the heart. Is the heart beautiful and living or dark and void.
We look forward to God and look backward only for the sake of helping those who are less fortunate. If we stay in this state of living, the less fortunate will humble us while God teaches us how to truly love. Soon our heart will be the image of beauty.