Women's Education and Having Babies

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

presidente

May 29, 2013
Modern men are not more inclined to go into trades. There is a skilled labor shortage in America.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...ng-the-skilled-labor-shortage-in-america/amp/

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-weldi...eI8AW6iDxKLqaa70pYIyYsYMOKhiuIBHEiqzMIL-9oIak

More women are starting to consider skilled labor jobs because there is need, opportunity and higher wages.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2130093001

In the current job market, men are not as likely to attend college or go into the skilled labor/trade industry either.

The gig economy is growing considerably. A lot of millennials, men and women, are taking jobs with companies like Uber, Lyft and doordash.
According to the CEO of Intuit, Brad Smith: “The gig economy [in the U.S.]…is now estimated to be about 34% of the workforce and expected to be 43% by the year 2020.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/johnfrazer1/2019/02/15/how-the-gig-economy-is-reshaping-careers-for-the-next-generation/ampn /

The gig economy is still developing, but I don't see how a man or woman could earn a living and raise a family by working at Uber, doordash or similar companies. Doordash does not pay well and they have been knowto withhold (steal) tips from drivers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...tinues-to-lead-in-the-food-delivery-wars.html
I meant more men than women. I looked over articles there. Are there any articles there that show that the majority of trades and construction people are women now?

Some women may want to go into these jobs, but typically, women aren't as inclined to want to carry pipe up makeshift stairs, work out in the sun, working in the rain, get their hands dirty, and do jobs that require a lot of upper body strength and really strong hands. Who can blame them?

A society can do some social engineering to push women into roles like these to meet some sort of idealogical goal of workplace equality, but a minority of women want to do these types of jobs.

presidente

May 29, 2013
There’s a plethora of single Christian men in their 20s, 30s, 40s and above with no prospects. Many have gone dateless for years and that suggests a decision to forgo companionship or the absence of viable opportunities.

Numerous articles confirm that women aren’t opting out of relationships. They’re dating up. The phenomenon has been covered by major newspapers more than once. The consensus is clear. Some blame the Internet, social media, and higher earnings for the change.
In the old days there was arranged marriages, then courtship practices that were really marriage focused, and now dating for fun. One wants marriage, the other wants fun, or neither want marriage, or they kind of want marriage, but aren't in a hurry.

Btw, what do you mean by 'dating up?'

For the record, the women in greatest demand are those who prefer relationships where he’s the head of household. This holds true in Christian and secular circles due to their scarcity and the climate regarding men. Age isn’t an impediment. She’s the unicorn they’re hoping to catch.

I’ve been dating men of that stripe for years. They’re plentiful.
Do you happen to know if there are any stats on how many men are looking for women looking for a husband be to be head of the household? I know why a man would look for that, especially if he is a Christian. If you know of any stats on that, that might be useful to me.

presidente

May 29, 2013
There’s a plethora of single Christian men in their 20s, 30s, 40s and above with no prospects. Many have gone dateless for years and that suggests a decision to forgo companionship or the absence of viable opportunities.

Numerous articles confirm that women aren’t opting out of relationships. They’re dating up. The phenomenon has been covered by major newspapers more than once. The consensus is clear. Some blame the Internet, social media, and higher earnings for the change.
In the old days there was arranged marriages, then courtship practices that were really marriage focused, and now dating for fun. One wants marriage, the other wants fun, or neither want marriage, or they kind of want marriage, but aren't in a hurry.

I can imagine it is difficult for women who date men only to find out they have no interest in marriage, but I know there are Christian men with the same concerns about women.

For the record, the women in greatest demand are those who prefer relationships where he’s the head of household. This holds true in Christian and secular circles due to their scarcity and the climate regarding men. Age isn’t an impediment. She’s the unicorn they’re hoping to catch.

I’ve been dating men of that stripe for years. They’re plentiful.
Do you happen to know if there are any stats on how many men are looking for women looking for a husband be to be head of the household? I know why a man would look for that, especially if he is a Christian. If you know of any stats on that, that might be useful to me.

AN alternative for western men would be to go overseas to a country where the majority of people have a 'traditiona' idea of marriage. Of course, traditions are different in different countries. I happened to be working in Indonesia when I met my wife there. I didn't work overseas to find a foreign wife, but intentionally looking for a wife from countries where the general culture aligns with certain values makes sense. But of course, the Lord can provide a husband or wife from down the street if He so chooses.

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
Experts suggest two things are taking place in the dating marketplace and both are influenced by the Internet. The obvious are dating websites. Depending on who you ask they’re a viable option for meeting prospects or a meat market. I’ve never used them but I’ve been on forums that allowed us to create searchable profiles and that’s close enough.

They’re most beneficial if you’re physically attractive and photograph well. Articulate and good at expressing yourself in the written word. And fairly charismatic. Beauty and engaging personalities get the biggest hits.

Unlike ordinary interactions. The emphasis on visible appeal encourages snap judgments and scrutiny. There’s another group which deserves special mention. It’s the high wage earner. The majority don’t disclose their income. But they include references and imagery which make them stand out. Overall, it’s survival of the fittest. You need a lot of patience or a giant dollop of moxie to stay the course. Many leave.

As for dating up, that’s another way of addressing hypergamy (according to some). The premise is women are rejecting solid prospects and limiting themselves to men whose wages reach a certain threshold. Namely more than theirs.

But in my experience with men who prefer to function as financial providers. The majority select a specific type who doesn’t earn a wage or is willing to forgo the workforce. Power couples exist. But male breadwinner dynamics are more prevalent.

The women they’re addressing are unwilling to fill that role. However the greater his earnings the more likely he’ll expect her to relinquish her employment and focus on the home, family, philanthropy, etc.

There are three groups of women who fit in that category:

Those raised in patriarchal homes. Like the Duggars.
Those raised in homes where headship and biblical submission were the norm.
Those who participate in subcultures with similar structures. Think 50 Shades of Grey.

I’ve known all three. You will find information about the last group and a little on the others. Collectively, we’re suggesting less than 10 percent of the population who live like that as a norm.

The majority of Christian women prefer egalitarian relationships. Submission is a sticky subject. I can count on two hands the ladies I met who were genuinely willing to allow their spouse to lead. Those who prefer these relationships are honestly unicorns. There’s not too many of us.

presidente

May 29, 2013
The majority of Christian women prefer egalitarian relationships. Submission is a sticky subject. I can count on two hands the ladies I met who were genuinely willing to allow their spouse to lead. Those who prefer these relationships are honestly unicorns. There’s not too many of us.
In the west maybe. But there are plenty of countries where women do not wince at the idea of the man being the head of the household. But women are still women no matter where they are from.

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
AN alternative for western men would be to go overseas to a country where the majority of people have a 'traditiona' idea of marriage. Of course, traditions are different in different countries. I happened to be working in Indonesia when I met my wife there. I didn't work overseas to find a foreign wife, but intentionally looking for a wife from countries where the general culture aligns with certain values makes sense. But of course, the Lord can provide a husband or wife from down the street if He so chooses.
I’ve heard others suggest the same. I don’t think I’ll have to go that route. But I don’t have patience for innuendo and ambiguity. My companions made their interest known upfront. And I was expected to do the same.

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
In the west maybe. But there are plenty of countries where women do not wince at the idea of the man being the head of the household. But women are still women no matter where they are from.
My friends have the same disposition. But I intentionally developed connections with other women who lived and felt the same. You must be willing to listen and observe her behavior when he’s near, absent, and when she’s mad.

Jan 25, 2015
I am a man :D and with respect a man would like to be the head of his house.... BUT (you see I made is a BIG BUT) if a man is not a Godley man it would be difficult in these days to be the head of the house. Women are becoming more independent and in the "old days" men had to provide and as a result had some power over ladies in that provision....

If we are Godley men we will realise we are not the providers, but God is. Then the man and woman will work together at reaching their goals. If the husband is the head He will put Abba Father first, then his family and that is when everything falls into place. My wife always says there is nothing more attractive than a God fearing man leading his family because then he will do it in humility. I am not superior to my wife because I was born a man. I was born with more responsibility because God will judge men based on the title He gave them. If you have Godley man, God will judge the woman in her obedience but if he is not a Godley man... I just don't know.

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
I am a man :D and with respect a man would like to be the head of his house.... BUT (you see I made is a BIG BUT) if a man is not a Godley man it would be difficult in these days to be the head of the house. Women are becoming more independent and in the "old days" men had to provide and as a result had some power over ladies in that provision....

If we are Godley men we will realise we are not the providers, but God is. Then the man and woman will work together at reaching their goals. If the husband is the head He will put Abba Father first, then his family and that is when everything falls into place. My wife always says there is nothing more attractive than a God fearing man leading his family because then he will do it in humility. I am not superior to my wife because I was born a man. I was born with more responsibility because God will judge men based on the title He gave them. If you have Godley man, God will judge the woman in her obedience but if he is not a Godley man... I just don't know.
For me, it’s equally important that the gentlemen is yielded to the Lord and invested in developing his leadership skills. I would find it difficult to follow someone who hasn’t done the same.

There are men and women who have head of household relationships. Many were reared in them as children or moved in that direction as adults. The absence of religion didn’t lessen their agreement on the subject.

Jan 25, 2015
Our pastor always says men have become barbarians in the flesh and gentlemen in the spirit, but we should be gentlemen in the flesh and barbarians in the spirit.

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
Our pastor always says men have become barbarians in the flesh and gentlemen in the spirit, but we should be gentlemen in the flesh and barbarians in the spirit.
I think he’s correct. I recollect the time when gentlemanliness was the norm. And I’m in my forties.

When people descend into uncouthness there’s no turning back. The lines of respectability shrink and their baseness knows no end. They become reprobate.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Sounds like Adam blaming Eve.
Well Eve did believe satan just as western woman in general believed the pushers of the feminist revolution..

So in some repects yeah it is like Adam blaming Eve..

Jan 25, 2015
I think he’s correct. I recollect the time when gentlemanliness was the norm. And I’m in my forties.

When people descend into uncouthness there’s no turning back. The lines of respectability shrink and their baseness knows no end. They become reprobate.
When I was young (also in my forties now) everybody had manners, especially men towards women. Now a days men has lost all manners. Women are stronger (emotionally) but it was also happening in Biblical times. We are indeed in the last days.

Jan 25, 2015
Well Eve did believe satan just as western woman in general believed the pushers of the feminist revolution..

So in some repects yeah it is like Adam blaming Eve..
Adam blamed Eve but the Bible teach us that if Adam didn't eat of the fruit and did not agree to what his ladylove did... we just might still have been in the garden today ;)

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Adam blamed Eve but the Bible teach us that if Adam didn't eat of the fruit and did not agree to what his ladylove did... we just might still have been in the garden today ;)
Oh i don't believe Adam was innocent.. Not supporting Him at all..

I believe although i cannot prove it by scripture.. That Adam ended up seeing Eve as a scientist would see a guinea pig test animal.. He observed Eve and seeing that she did not just drop dead on the spot but continued to live.. Well he must have then concluded that satan was right and that the LORD was telling him lies.. So he felt safe in taking also of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil..

And yeah maybe if Adam had never taken of the fruit he would still be in the garden of even living the good life.. But if that happened and eve was cast out then you and i would probably have never come into existence.. :giggle: .. But hey what happened happened and the rest is as they say History :cool:

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
When I was young (also in my forties now) everybody had manners, especially men towards women. Now a days men has lost all manners. Women are stronger (emotionally) but it was also happening in Biblical times. We are indeed in the last days.
Every generation says the same. But our behavior lacks the urgency and intention that’s evident when you know the end is near.

The only difference in the current age is the absence of censure for behavior that was formerly condemned or shamed. It still occurred but it wasn’t openly tolerated as it is today,

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If all the men in the world are "trained" to be good husbands, it still will not "make the difference" unless all the women are also "trained" to be good wives.

Both men and women must be "trained" - properly and correctly - in order for it to work.

This "training" should come from parents in the home - starting at birth - and be continuous throughout the childhood of every boy and girl and "right on into adulthood" so that it will be established for life.

This "training" should be strictly based on the Word of God - "what God says and wants" - so that everything we do falls within the biblical framework of God's Truth.

This "training" should be encouraged and supported by church and community.

If you wait until boys are men and girls are women to [try to] give them the proper-and-correct "training" -- [sigh...]

And, one more thing...

It should never come from anywhere else --- not from the government - not from the public school system - and, absolutely most definitely not from modern psychology. (God help us if we listen to this modern-mentality wisdom-of-men mumbo-jumbo crap.)

The responsibility belongs to the parents. And, no one should ever try to undermine the principle involved here - that of local family unit parental authority over children without unjust interference.

"Don't get me started..." :rolleyes:

:censored:
unfornately, this doesnt happen for various reasons.,lwhy because in many families the dads have gone off to war...! They left and deserted their wives!

Cant really do much without the dads being present. Which is why God is our Father and why he sent Jesus. Did you ever stop to think whyGod sent his one and only SON not a daughter?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
people are still stuck in roles that DO NOT EVEN WORK. It seems to me both sexes still have no idea how to work TOGETHER.

and whoever says that women dont like to get their hands dirty doesnt know what they talking about. Women have gardened like forever...way back to adam and Eve ...eve was the one harvesting fruit. she wsnt sitting round just looking pretty. we also had no dig gardens way back, it was just mans punishment to dig it. And anyone whos cleaned up baby sick or done toilet training or laundry knows what dirty is.

T

TheIndianGirl

There is an interesting NYT article called "Why Men Want to Marry Melanias and Raise Ivankas" that may provide some insight.

Basically, this article says that men have different expectations for wife versus daughter. Men want independent successful daughters, but not necessarily the same characteristics in wives. So, female empowerment may actually start with fathers. Also, because of the way she is raised, it will be difficult for this type of daughter to become docile wife material.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
There is an interesting NYT article called "Why Men Want to Marry Melanias and Raise Ivankas" that may provide some insight.

Basically, this article says that men have different expectations for wife versus daughter. Men want independent successful daughters, but not necessarily the same characteristics in wives. So, female empowerment may actually start with fathers. Also, because of the way she is raised, it will be difficult for this type of daughter to become docile wife material.
Is it saying men are like Mr Trump. Thats a bit scary.

People have to acknowledge that times have changed and the newer generation is not going to live like the older ones. I seem to come across people who think everything ought to be exaclty the same as it was in the 1950 and 60s! well it isnt! different economy, different social policies, greater mobility, different land use, different industries. That 50s and 60s generation actually did not plan far ahead, they looked after themselves. and so much changed in the 80s., you now have new international trading partnerships etc that change the way of lives for everyone involved. oh not to mention war has wiped out a lot of the male population in various countries.