My sister sent me a wonderful Devotional written by Sarah Young from her Book titled Jeus Alive.
"I have engraved you in the palms of my hands, and this is an eternal commitment. Nothing could ever scrape off or corrode this inscription, for you are my treasured, blood-bought possession.
Engraving on precious metals is a practice that is meant to be permanent. However, the etching may wear off over the years, and sometimes these objects are lost or stolen or melted down. So, put first things first , beloved. Precious metals like gold and silver have some value in the world. But they are as worthless as rubbish compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Me forever!
Since you are written on the palms of My hands, you can be assured that you are always visible to Me. People sometimes jot notes on their palms to remind them of something important. I have engraved you on My palms because you are eternally precious to Me. Rejoice in the wonder of knowing that I ---- the King of the universe ---- consider you a priceless treasure! Respond by treasuring Me above all else."
Scripture references: Isaiah, Chapter 49, 15-16/Phillipians 3:8-9/Psalms 43:4
(to be honest, I am not sure how the verses from Phillipians and the Psalms fit into this Devotional. Maybe someone can show me how they do?)
It is a wonderful Devotional non-the-less.
"I have engraved you in the palms of my hands, and this is an eternal commitment. Nothing could ever scrape off or corrode this inscription, for you are my treasured, blood-bought possession.
Engraving on precious metals is a practice that is meant to be permanent. However, the etching may wear off over the years, and sometimes these objects are lost or stolen or melted down. So, put first things first , beloved. Precious metals like gold and silver have some value in the world. But they are as worthless as rubbish compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Me forever!
Since you are written on the palms of My hands, you can be assured that you are always visible to Me. People sometimes jot notes on their palms to remind them of something important. I have engraved you on My palms because you are eternally precious to Me. Rejoice in the wonder of knowing that I ---- the King of the universe ---- consider you a priceless treasure! Respond by treasuring Me above all else."
Scripture references: Isaiah, Chapter 49, 15-16/Phillipians 3:8-9/Psalms 43:4
(to be honest, I am not sure how the verses from Phillipians and the Psalms fit into this Devotional. Maybe someone can show me how they do?)
It is a wonderful Devotional non-the-less.