I was thinking about the Kingdom of Heaven today. (Not totally sure what the phrase means, to be honest).
It happened as I was in my car. I was praying and talking to God, and it was as if I understood something deep within me. I was thinking about how we're kind of in two places at once, as we walk this earth.
Just to be clear, I'm figuring things out. I have a lot of questions about things and am no expert, so please help me if I'm in error or you can say it in a better way!
Anyhow, it made me think about how, in a way, we're in heaven right now if we're in Christ Jesus.
By this I mean we're connected to God through the Holy Spirit, and so if we're one with Him then I guess we are already in the Kingdom of Heaven because we're connected to Him spiritually. Our bodies, of course, are on the earth, but we have that connection to the "vine," (John 15:5) Jesus, who feeds our souls and spirits and nourishes us from above.
It made me think about a couple of verses:
“But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.”
**Ephesians *2:4-7 *NKJV
http://bible.com/114/eph.2.4-7.nkjv
And this one:
“for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.”
**Romans *14:17 *NKJV
http://bible.com/114/rom.14.17.nkjv
Today was a good day because I felt close to Jesus. Thankful for that!
God bless you all
It happened as I was in my car. I was praying and talking to God, and it was as if I understood something deep within me. I was thinking about how we're kind of in two places at once, as we walk this earth.
Just to be clear, I'm figuring things out. I have a lot of questions about things and am no expert, so please help me if I'm in error or you can say it in a better way!
Anyhow, it made me think about how, in a way, we're in heaven right now if we're in Christ Jesus.
By this I mean we're connected to God through the Holy Spirit, and so if we're one with Him then I guess we are already in the Kingdom of Heaven because we're connected to Him spiritually. Our bodies, of course, are on the earth, but we have that connection to the "vine," (John 15:5) Jesus, who feeds our souls and spirits and nourishes us from above.
It made me think about a couple of verses:
“But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.”
**Ephesians *2:4-7 *NKJV
http://bible.com/114/eph.2.4-7.nkjv
And this one:
“for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.”
**Romans *14:17 *NKJV
http://bible.com/114/rom.14.17.nkjv
Today was a good day because I felt close to Jesus. Thankful for that!
God bless you all