Woodstock

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 25, 2015
The picture below could be confused with a scene from a long ago Woodstock, but no, this was the past week-end in South Africa when +-1million people came together to pray for our country.

Now for Americans this might be an average crowd but take into account that we are +-65million people in SA and this event was something major.

Buchan leads massive crowd in prayer for SA | IOL

I think it is difficult to put a number on the amount of people that were there but by Friday more than 1,7million tickets were booked for the event. Tickets were free of charge but the organisers had to plan the logistics to accommodate the amount of people.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I WISH we could get a million Christians here in America IN ONE PLACE to pray for our Country..........and THAT PLACE would be the length of Pennsylvania Ave. in D.C.

:)

D

Depleted

Nah, really. That picture can't be confused with Woodstock. It rained at Woodstock, so picture a 100,000 stinky stoners sliding through mud as they're grooving to the music. That picture looks organized. Woodstock was a mess. And when America says "A Million Man March," we really mean "50,000 if we're generous with the head count."

S

Siberian_Khatru

I WISH we could get a million Christians here in America IN ONE PLACE to pray for our Country..........and THAT PLACE would be the length of Pennsylvania Ave. in D.C.

I thought Harvest America broke that number? Maybe that was including congregations and individuals tuning in from the internet. Still a huge turnout.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
i live 30 minutes from Woodstock. it's a weird little town. ;)

wonderful photo, Gandalf! may God be praised!

Jan 25, 2015
There are so many testimonies from this event. There was no incident reported of anything bad that happened on the day. Traffic was not upset and after the people left, everything was clean without any complaints.

God is good :)

notmyown

May 26, 2016
There are so many testimonies from this event. There was no incident reported of anything bad that happened on the day. Traffic was not upset and after the people left, everything was clean without any complaints.

that's amazing!

i remember after Woodstock 2 in 1994 our friends who owned bordering property were cleaning up for days. :rolleyes:

the attendees drove through their property to leave, so our friends offered soup and Jesus to them.
our nephew went and said about it, "now i've seen everything."

he's been a cop for 20 years and has revised that statement. lol

your gathering? MUCH better than the concert at Woodstock!

D

Depleted

Wow! Wish we could get something like that.

We just "celebrated" Earth Day. (Well I just learned it's called a "celebration" if a Democrat/liberal is in the White House. If a Republican/conservatice is, it's then called "a march.")

Earth Day -- a day created by a serial killer to remind us to take care of the earth. And yet? The mess left behind in Boston was twice as bad as the Independence Day celebration in Philadelphia. (And Philadelphia was where our nation started, so it's a big celebration here. Also a HUGE mess!)

In the 70's hubby (before I knew him) and I (before he knew me), both went to something called "Jesus Fest." (We also went two different years.) 100,000+ people gathered for a weekend of music, testimonies, and preaching, (heavy on the music part.) Farmers in Lancaster County, (so likely to be Amish farmers, although maybe not), let it be held on their land. No clean up afterward besides needing to replow land trampled by 200,000 feet, and the machines requires to bring in the equipment.

Something miraculous did happen the year future-hubby went. Flat spacious land, so they saw the tornado heading for them and no time or place to run to. Everyone prayed. The tornado veered off just before it got to them and died!

Later the festival was canceled, because clean up crews were required.

It sure says something about who goes to these things and how much they care about the message. More importantly, the Messenger!

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
I WISH we could get a million Christians here in America IN ONE PLACE to pray for our Country..........

Right?
If someone posts that Justin Bieber is throwing a free concert, 6 million will show up, no problem. :(