Word "leaven"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 24, 2020
The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven,
Matthew 13.33

20 Again he asked, “What shall I compare the kingdom of God to? 21 It is like yeast
Luke 13:20-21

Post your personal intuition

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Again he asked, “What shall I compare the kingdom of God to? 21 It is like yeast
Again he asked, “What shall I compare the kingdom of God to? It is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into about sixty pounds of flour until it worked all through the dough.” Luke 13:20-21

:D

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Matthew 13.33

20 Again he asked, “What shall I compare the kingdom of God to? 21 It is like yeast

QOUTE:
Leaven is always a type of evil in the Bible. When God commanded His people to rid their houses of leaven (Ex. 12:15), they understood this. If anyone ate what was leavened from the first till the seventh day of this Feast of Unleavened Bread, he would be cut off from Israel. Jesus warned against the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees (Matt. 16:6, 12) and the leaven of Herod (Mark 8:15). In 1 Corinthians 5:6-8 leaven is defined as malice and evil, and the context of Galatians 5:9 shows that there it means false teaching. In general, leaven means either evil doctrine or evil behavior.

So in this parable the Lord warns against the permeating power of evil working in the kingdom of heaven. The parable of the mustard seed shows evil in the external character of the kingdom; this parable shows the inward corruption that would take place.

Believer's Bible Commentary: A Thorough, Yet Easy-to-Read Bible Commentary That Turns Complicated Theology Into Practical Understanding. END QUOTE.

That is one of my favorite Commentaries. He is want Jews that were familiar with the Feast of Unleavened Bread, DON'T MIX THE WORLD'S LEAVEN (False Doctrine) WITH GOD INSTRUCTIONS FOR US. When you do that it will quickly LEAVEN THE WHOLE LUMP.
YES, I agree that LEAVEN is symbolism for FALSE DOCTRINES or EVIL DEEDS.

Now read something POSITIVE and that is the Parable of 10 Virgins. Mat. 25:1-13. THAT IS THE RAPTURE or the CALLING OUT OF THE BRIDE TO GO TO THE WEDDING OF THE LAMB IN HEAVEN.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
So in this parable the Lord warns against the permeating power of evil working in the kingdom of heaven.
This is correct. In Scripture leaven always represents sin, evil, and corruption, ans because yeast multiplies rapidly, it spread very quickly. What it means is that false doctrines, false practices, and false brethren began permeating the churches even while the apostles were alive. Today we are in the midst of the Great Apostasy.

May 24, 2020
Matthew 13.33

Leaven is the negative in most Commentaries. But what i personally felt

1.Even a little leaven has the power to ferment unleavened large quantities. The kingdom of heaven is like that,

2.All those who have been washed by Christ's redemption crucify the flesh and its lusts, expressing the fruits of the Spirit to them.

3.Likewise, those who have been separated by Christ have the grace to convert all those who are unleavened (not redeemed, unloved of Christ's love, into the world) into a world of leaven, in accordance with worldly pleasures.

Jan 25, 2015
Leaven represents sin. If we have leaven/sin in our lives we will become puffed up (from the leaven). When we are puffed up our own desires are more important that God’s instructions.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
Matthew 13.33

Leaven bread to my knowledge is the teaching of scripture, as Jesus said beware of the leaven of the pharisees.