Word of God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
He was uniquely begotten from a virgin first. Like all men, when they die, they are changed by God.

[Luke 20:36 NKJV] 36 "nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.
When you say uniquely begotten, what do you mean? He was an angel who then manifested as a human and is now an angel again?

Apr 27, 2023
When you say uniquely begotten, what do you mean? He was an angel who then manifested as a human and is now an angel again?
Being begotten by God, that was unique when it happened in Mary.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
So in your view, Jesus was an angel who became a man for a short time and is now an angel again?

Did Jesus not create everything in existence, including angels?

" ye are complete in him who is the head of the body the church by him were all things created by him and for him whether things in heaven or things in earth or under the earth whether powers or thrones or rulers or dominions all things were created by him and for him and by him do all things consist "

That's some verse somewhere in Paul's
writings

Apr 27, 2023
Adam ( mankind )was the son of god no angel has ever been called a son of god read Hebrews chapter 1
Howabout you quote it and prove it. No such verse exists. The angels can be men, if they are not of God. There is a distinction.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
No, I never said that.
I didn't say you said that. I am trying to determine who or what you think Jesus is now,
since your claim is that He was an angel, and subgod. That is why I am asking questions.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Word of God ===== Son of God
That is one meaning. The other meaning is the entire WRITTEN Word of God.

When Christ is called "the Word of God" it means that He is (a) the Creator who spoke the worlds into existence and (b) He perfectly conveys the heart and mind of God the Father through His own words. Every word of Christ is also a word from the Father.

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the Word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. (Heb 11:3). I have capitalized "Word" since that really refers to Christ as the Creator of all things.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Howabout you quote it and prove it. No such verse exists. The angels can be men, if they are not of God. There is a distinction.
this doesn’t exist ?

“which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭3:38‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Or this doesn’t ?

“hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, This day have I begotten thee?

And again, I will be to him a Father, And he shall be to me a Son? And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, And his ministers a flame of fire. But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: A sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; And the heavens are the works of thine hands:

But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, Until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭1:2-8, 10, 13-14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Yeah that’s all just made up this must be not there either

“who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: in whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; and, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1:13-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

you should probably study the Bible a bit before you try to explain what’s in it

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
That is one meaning. The other meaning is the entire WRITTEN Word of God.

When Christ is called "the Word of God" it means that He is (a) the Creator who spoke the worlds into existence and (b) He perfectly conveys the heart and mind of God the Father through His own words. Every word of Christ is also a word from the Father.

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the Word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. (Heb 11:3). I have capitalized "Word" since that really refers to Christ as the Creator of all things.
“Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:3‬ ‭

“hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭1:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Word of God ===== Son of God

Agree or Disagree
Agreed, as said "My Father and I are one" you ask to see the Father, you see me, you see the Father. How simply perplexing, just as a body has three parts, and is in the image of God. God has three parts yet is perfect and whole for us to be whole also. by his love and mercy given us, not by work, if is then man has a reason to boast, I have none
Thanks. I see water has three parts, Steam and ice, different forms yet all is water

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
Luke 3:38 "Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God."

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
9 For in him the whole fulness of deity dwells bodily,
Agreed, as said "My Father and I are one" you ask to see the Father, you see me, you see the Father. How simply perplexing, just as a body has three parts, and is in the image of God. God has three parts yet is perfect and whole for us to be whole also. by his love and mercy given us, not by work, if is then man has a reason to boast, I have none
Thanks. I see water has three parts, Steam and ice, different forms yet all is water
------------------

Yes The prophet Isaiah called him the Everlasting Father

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Amen

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.”
‭‭John‬ ‭4:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God ( in heaven ) was manifest in the flesh, ( on earth ) justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”( was glorified again in heaven )
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭

I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.”
‭‭John‬ ‭17:4-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
9 For in him the whole fulness of deity dwells bodily,

------------------

Yes The prophet Isaiah called him the Everlasting Father
“The father” and “the prince “too and also “the counselor “

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
Jesus is certainly God the Son.
God is certainly God the father.
The Holy Spirit is certainly God the Spirit.

I am not contending these facts.

But

I believe our concept of the Trinity does not fully explain the depth of the topic. I fault no one for asking questions about the Trinity or even being confused about the facts. However, a person should not introduce myths and fables or different versions of scripture to satisfy their own conclusions.

Chaps

Apr 3, 2024
California
5:7 ὅτι τρεῖς εἰσιν οἱ μαρτυροῦντες εν τῷ οὐρανῷ, [ὁ πατήρ, ὁ λόγος, notice the noun phrase here] καὶ τὸ Ἅγιον Πνεῦμα· καὶ οὗτοι οἱ τρεῖς ἕν εἰσιν
The father and the word are the same and 1 John 5:7 has nothing to do with the trinity doctrine.

A word of flesh happened.
‭‭John‬ ‭1:14‬ ‭

θεότητος is what God does to an object. It is not an adjective

It doesn't prove a thing.‬‬

Nor does this quote.
Do you know Koine Greek? Because θεότητος is a noun, not a verb. It is not what God does to an object.
We see this word in Colossians 2:9 that reads, “For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,” So, this word refers to deity. My objection to the verse above is that it is not in the earliest manuscripts, so it is likely not part of the original text. But there are plenty of verses that speak to the deity of Jesus if you’d like to examine them.