Word processor for Mac

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 14, 2017
Hi I have a Mac and love it! I also love to write and hope to get something publish again someday. I'm having trouble finding a good word processing software for it. I am currently using OpenOffice but not that fond of it. I hate anything that has Microsoft in the name! Can any of you writers recommend one? Thanks

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Hi I have a Mac and love it! I also love to write and hope to get something publish again someday. I'm having trouble finding a good word processing software for it. I am currently using OpenOffice but not that fond of it. I hate anything that has Microsoft in the name! Can any of you writers recommend one? Thanks
Apple used to have their own Word Processor software. It didn't come with the Computer but could be bought separately either on its own or with a bundle. I don't know whether they still have it but if you go into their website you may find it there

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I use all Microsoft software and quite satisfied using MS Word.

T

Tinuviel

I use all Microsoft software and quite satisfied using MS Word.
Same :). So to the OP...I'm afraid I can't help you much. I am very happy with Microsoft Word for my writing, and haven't looked farther than that.

U

Ugly

Don't use anything Apple makes.
Perhaps try posting in the User2User Tech forum, which is designated for tech questions.

M

Miri

I use Microsoft office/word on my Mac. I’ve never had any problems with it and I’ve put together loads of stuff for church using it. Prayer diaries, booklets, schedules, brochures, even made some book marks and covered them with that sticky back plastic stuff.

Microsoft word has all sorts of themes, pictures, fonts, border styles etc. Plus it comes with all sort of pre set up templates.

M

Miri

Ps you can buy an off the shelf version of Microsoft office for macs. If you buy it outright it’s a bit more expensive but you don’t have to keep sub scribing to it every year.

Apple has its own version called pages which is usually pre installed.

It’s very good but after using it a few times then finding out my work was lost following pages upgrades, I stopped using it.