Words and the Person

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

redeemedbygrace74

Junior Member
Oct 11, 2017
11
7
3
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]John 6:63[/FONT]


[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I was looking out in an open window. The soft breeze entered in; the smell of early morning was peculiarly sweet. Staring at the freshly awaken sky; my eyes scanned the blue heavenly canvas speckled by white clouds. I was appreciating life as I was in my morning devotion. The night before was quite disturbing. But as stormy nights are followed by beautiful days, that morning was like a fresh start, as if I was witnessing a new born child where I was immersed in a parental kind of wonder. Though I can’t express it in words but you know what I mean. My mind was led to David’s words when he said, “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help? My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.” [/FONT]


[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I often wondered about the words spoken and the person speaking. When I read books, I studied the words of the author but questioned myself after reading; did I really know the author? Did I meet the author, experience him more than his words? When David spoke those words, it was not the permanence of the sky and the immovability of the hills that spelled his security. He was really saying that if the hills seemed permanent in its fixation and the sky seemed forever, the Maker of them who watches him, is He not to be trusted? He was declaring his God Who watched over him in time past was Maker of heaven (sky) and earth (hills). The consistency of God in His care was the strength David held. He lived as a fugitive, jealously chased by King Saul. He knew instability; in places he hides, people there may betray him; or men who knew him may think of him as a prize. Uncertainty surrounded him; enemies were everywhere. Anytime he could be killed. In a time like ours where we always feel safe, his situation is quite remote and unfamiliar to us. His faith in God kept him. He knew what he meant that his help is from the Lord. What he said he lived. [/FONT]


[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Speaking to the bewildered crowd, Jesus told them He is the bread of life. His words puzzled those looking only for bread that satisfied their stomachs. They had searched for Him after He fed them with five barley loaves and two fish. They didn’t understand what He meant. Furthermore, it stumbled many when He said, they must eat His flesh and drink His blood. He further clarified that the Spirit is the life giver; the flesh is of no value; and the words which He said are spirit and they are life. They were blind in understanding because they only listen to the words but never knew the Person. Jesus is the bread of life, the Manna from heaven; anyone who partakes of Him will have eternal life. Anyone who receives Him has eternal life. They never knew him at the start, and doubted Him that is why didn’t understood what He said. Eternal life is through the Person, the Author of those life-giving words, Jesus Christ. Fleshly, worldly minds understand earthly and human words. But minds filled with the Spirit understand.[/FONT]


[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Words and the person. [/FONT]


[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Books and its authors. [/FONT]


[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Wisdom and understanding. [/FONT]


[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Things in parallel which can be misunderstood, misread, misinterpreted and missed. [/FONT]


[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]We read, sometimes, to be amused, and never knew the author. We listened, sometimes, to imbibe and be enriched, and never really understood the speaker. We existed, sometimes, to survive and thrive, and never really lived because we never knew Jesus, the Real Life Giver. Know Him. Accept Him as your Savior and Know what Real Living is. [/FONT]