J
joshuaspride
Guest
Words fail to describe the riches of the deposit of Christ in us. It’s a great mystery to me as to the depths of Christ' grace toward us, His mercy upon us. Here is my wretched little life, so empty, vain, so trite. And yet, He says, "Here, Let's exchange. I’ll give My life for yours, and exchange yours for mine." Mine? I say. "Yes, yours. Let's exchange." Mine? I say. "Yes, yours. Let's exchange." But mine... But wait! I reply. And then it hits me...This sweet Presence of Christ, and I cower to think of the deeds I have done in my body. There must be something I can give you? I ask. "Something?" Yes, of value. "Yes, he says, yours for mine."
But wait! I say, but my soul within me says, Be quick! He is beyond description, yes? Look toward yourself! Take it! But I wait. And then it hits me...This sweet Presence of Christ, Oh, He was not like a man that could lie, and I fail to find a word to describe...His peace, comfort, His love, agape, sweet, like honey, with fullness, so satisfied. There must be something I can give?
"Something?" He asks. Of value? "Yes," He says, "just yours, for mine." Take it! the soul says. But I can't. Take it! It's an unjust bargain! It's ok, Take it. But it's too free! He is beyond words' description, yes? Yes. So I exchange, one life for another, even Christ, and it hits me, this sweet presence, and His words fill me. "Now where’s yours?" He asks. It’s gone, I reply. "Where did it go?" He asks. It’s gone! I reply. "Where is it?" He asks. It’s gone, I demure. It’s exchanged. "Yes," He says, "It’s exchanged."
I yet fail to find a word, to describe Him...His peace, comfort, His love, agape, sweet, like honey, with fullness, satisfied. Words fail me, every time.