work place bullying.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jenniferand2

Mar 19, 2016
Kill them with kindness if they approach you oh thank you so much for making fun of me today. I hope you have a wonderful day you look amazing ladies (cough). I hope your day is going well.... Glad to see you today ladies God bless.... etc.... There is also the turn the other cheek thing going for you as well.

Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Last edited:

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I’m glad to see constructive kind responses on here too. This place is unreal sometimes. Welcome Cell. :)

LookingtoZion

May 15, 2017
People who act like that are just bullies. And bullies are insecure. Don't allow their insecurities and immaturity to affect you. Stand tall, respect others, treat others the way you want to be treated and it will come back to you. And pray for them.

Aug 13, 2017
Thanks.. Willie-T,Miri,NonameMcgee,jennifer,and fenner... God bless you
Thank you for choosing kindness and grace .. truly showing me what a a Christian is God bless

Liber

Sep 2, 2017
You should watch this video, which discusses workplace bullying and how companies should handle it. In short, you should talk to your boss and tell them about the bullying, asking them to handle it. If they don't address the bullying or if they handle the bullying situation in a reckless manner, you should start looking for a different job.

Just a heads up though, the video I linked was posted by an atheist YouTube channel. I know that may concern you, but the video has nothing to do with religion and will help you understand what you should expect from your boss. Don't let that detail discourage you from giving the video a watch.

Just remember, you don't need to tolerate this bullying.

[video=youtube;wAgg32weT80]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAgg32weT80&t[/video]

Last edited:

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I definitely feel they are bullies because I personally saw how these grown women ripped the poor girl apart for no reason other than her appearance.She was younger than them and had done nothing to them their behavior is inexcusable mean spirited should not be tolerated or excused it's wrong whether is bullying or not that behavior is horrible immature mean.
Agreed. But I would suggest you handle this a little differently than a personal issue. Negativity in the workplace affects the morale and hence the performance of employees, which ultimately impacts on the bottom line of the company -- profits or losses. Each time a company loses a good employee (let's say this young lady who is not bothering anyone), it loses thousands of dollars in lost performance, re-hiring, re-training, etc. So what you should do is request a personal and confidential meeting with the CEO of the company -- the man at the top, who watches the bottom line. Report your observations to him, name names, and ask him to personally address this as a profit and loss issue. Bring up the points I have listed, and anything else you can think of. That will get results very quickly, and he may simply fire these people who don't value their jobs or their co-workers. I am writing as one who has been a professional manager in the workplace.

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
I'm not sure what the solution is to counter workplace bullying. In every single place I've worked there have been one or more people who spend most of their time trying to undermine others. I've been a victim of this more than a couple of times. I actually lost a job once because one fellow--the number two guy in the department--constantly badmouthed me to the boss. The things he said about me were patently false, but after several months of this he convinced the boss that I wasn't doing things right. So I moved on. These days I work mostly on my own, so I don't deal with the underhandedness of workplace bullies.

Anyway, I'm not sure there is a solution other than to try to remain righteous, honest and diligent. And maybe pray a lot. Godspeed to you, celi007!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Thanks.. Willie-T,Miri,NonameMcgee,jennifer,and fenner... God bless you
Thank you for choosing kindness and grace .. truly showing me what a a Christian is God bless
You can always block people who come across as crass and/or overly aggressive, or whose opinions/attitude constantly rub you the wrong way. Unfortunately, that function does not exist in workplace environments :( Keeping quiet about it is not something I would recommend, though. Somebody needs to know the reality of what your perspective and experience with your co-workers is. I say that because I have been in such situations before, and when push came to shove, and I started speaking up about what was going on, nobody believed me, because I had tolerated the abuse for years without saying much about any of it to anyone, keeping my nose to the grindstone doing my job. Some would even say, how come we never heard any of this before? Even a good friend at work, I did not tell some of the nastiness directed at me, because she was friends with one of the two the people who had it in for me. When one of two threw a picture of my daughter in the garbage, in a shared work space area where we all had personal pictures, the other said, hmmm, yeah, I can understand why she would do that. LOL. She would have been screaming bloody blue murder if someone had thrown any pictures of her son in the garbage.

When another co-worker was forced to work with the two of them, she came to me within a day or two to profusely apologize for not believing me, telling me that their souls were black. And you know, I had never thought of it in those terms. There have been other incidents, too, where I just didn't say anything, and then months later my boss would ask me, why didn't you say anything? But he never really dealt with the issues, any ways, so there didn't seem to be much point in saying anything to him. Still, someone should know the facts.

Feb 28, 2016
thankfully Jesus knows all of the facts, we just have to know
what the scriptures tell us to do about it, it's one of the
hardest parts of growing-up, standing up and out
for Christ in each and every situation...

MARK 9:50.
Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it?
Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

11TIM. 4:2.
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort
with all longsuffering and doctrine.

He never said it would all be a piece of cake, we surely find this out many times,
the hard-way: the grief we can over-come, but just believing that
Jesus' rewards are ever-lasting and full of promises will always
bring us His ways of handling situations, and of course, His real joy...

Last edited:

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I've dealt with this type of thing before at work. Usually going to management doesn't accomplish anything. You have to go ahead and take it to HR

Feb 5, 2017
I have issues when I observe bullying in my workspace. I prayed to God about it and he answered (yes I write down prayer/answers):

Issue no doubt, do not give in to hate, for I created man but I did not create the wicked in him. Have love for your brothers, even those who throw stones at you. And do you pick up this stone and throw it back at your brother? Issue no hate, for I am with your brother and I am also with you, and should you throw the stone back at your brother, do you not throw it at me? And if I throw it back at you, will you not suffer? What must you endure to know that it was not pain but love which cast the first stone? For I am with your brother, who did not see that I am with him, as you did not see that I am with you. Had you not cast the first stone?

Sep 3, 2016
When your feet hit the floor each morning, do you make your enemy the devil, say, “Oh crap, she’s up”? When you step out your door each day, do heaven, earth, and hell take notice?

Before you rush to judgment and declare an immediate, “Yes!” just sit for a moment and really think about it. Are you a true blue, unashamed, unabashed follower of Christ or do you sometimes conveniently leave your faith at the door depending on the circumstance?

If you were accused of being a Christian where you work, would there be enough evidence to convict you? Or would you be found "innocent of all charges"?

One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: "Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city." Acts 18:9-10 NIV