Work Spouse

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Why dont they just say partner.
ie. business partner. Thats what people usually say, not work spouse, that just sounds a bit daft to me.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Im wondering if I should call children at my school my 'work children'

GardenofWeeden

Jul 27, 2018
The Garden of Weeden
I personally don't have an issue with it, after reading the definition of "work spouse provided above. However, I am not married. When I was married I don't think I would have appreciated my husband relying on another woman for the same things he relied on me for at home, because that could lead to blurred lines, and make me wonder if that's all that was happening. On the same turn I would NEVER want to make him wonder about me. I guess you need to ask yourself, if I were married would I want my spouse to have another spouse only at work? If you and your spouse, and the other worker and his/her spouse have no issues with it, then go for it. As for what's biblical here...I don't think it qualifies as cheating per say, but again it could blur the lines.

Hazelelponi

Jul 8, 2019
USA
I personally don't have an issue with it, after reading the definition of "work spouse provided above. However, I am not married. When I was married I don't think I would have appreciated my husband relying on another woman for the same things he relied on me for at home, because that could lead to blurred lines, and make me wonder if that's all that was happening. On the same turn I would NEVER want to make him wonder about me. I guess you need to ask yourself, if I were married would I want my spouse to have another spouse only at work? If you and your spouse, and the other worker and his/her spouse have no issues with it, then go for it. As for what's biblical here...I don't think it qualifies as cheating per say, but again it could blur the lines.

I'm not jealous, which is partly why it doesn't bother me in the least for another woman to say it about my husband.

But we were both pretty close to my husbands team and the other managers. Nearly all of them asked at one point or another for me to adopt them.. and several just called me mom who were younger.

The women closer to my age, we all just were friendly.

I don't know, but I knew them all and so the one girl who said "work-husband" about my husband I just laughed at..

I know how they all felt about him, and I knew the kind of people they were.

In office type positions you get to know everyone your spouse works with.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
friends flirting..,harmless fun, well my view is its only fun if the flirting is reciprocal otherwise no.

Its annoying!

I had a coworker who I called 'Mr Friendly' and he was just too full on with anyone of the opposite sex. You just felt harassed whenever you were with him. arrgh.

You dealt with it by ignoring it, prayer, or reporting it to management. Or maybe just saying STOP. Go back to work.

With females the flirting is claimed to come from us if we just batting our eyelids. So I could just be blinking and that would be flirting.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
ok I started a new job, and I found out that my boss does have a work spouse but they are not married yet live together. I dont think they are married because she doesnt have his last name but they are together and work together. He is the owner and she does everything else.

Im sure he or she will tell me the whole story eventually, I think he was married before, as he has children.

?!

my other workmate said his girlfriend also worked shifts with him but has now left. I think all these workmates were already seeing each other before they started these jobs as the business has only been running for over a year.

I dont think its wrong to work with your family, in some ways its good because you can carpool lol.

I think its only bad if you are already married to someone else and have a work spouse as well, and you dont like your work spouse and fight with them all the time.

Feb 26, 2020
Cali
Im not sure in what universe this okay. But anyone who is doing this is commiting adulty plain and simple. People really need to stop looking at things of this world and some how thinking its good or okay. Any type of flirting is bad if you are married and so forth. Adults really are just big versions of children. This is scary on so many levels. You see our divorce rate inside and out side the church, yet this doesn't somehow set off alarms.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Im not sure in what universe this okay. But anyone who is doing this is commiting adulty plain and simple. People really need to stop looking at things of this world and some how thinking its good or okay. Any type of flirting is bad if you are married and so forth. Adults really are just big versions of children. This is scary on so many levels. You see our divorce rate inside and out side the church, yet this doesn't somehow set off alarms.
are you referring to the situation I shared? I think my boss is divorced, if you are already divorced then you wont be comitting adultery, but I suppose if hes living with someone new and not marrying her its something else fornication maybe?

I am not quite sure if they are both christians or not. He might be but not sure about his missus.
I dont think its any of any of my business unless they share it with me.