Working for a living

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

RichMan

I have noticed that some of you are on here all day long.
Do you not have to work for a living or at least have things that need to be done that keep you busy?
I am retired but have things to do that take 6 to 8 hours every day.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Do you not have to work for a living or at least have things that need to be done that keep you busy?
I don't always log out, so while I'm on the list, I may be elsewhere.

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
I work from time to time. I spend most of my day thinking about stuff though. Could be one day I'll write a book but I'm not sure what it would be about, I'm very scatterbrained and I end up studying weird random stuff I'm interesting in.

Today for instance I realized there really isn't good or evil. That's a human conception, there are only greater and lesser actions and they help define each other.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Am on holidays at the moment...though I never post when I'm at work...I wouldnt dream of it!
I mostly post in the mornings before work....after my brain has rested for the night.

T

TheIndianGirl

Yes I work fulltime. I usually post before bed or during weekends. I think I am always signed in; once in awhile I post during the day if my day is light.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Well, I'll be off for the next 9 hours so let me know if it says online after maybe an hour has passed if anyone happens to read this. I'm going to guess that users will still say "online" if they are still logged in but inactive for about 60 minutes and then the site switches to offline...but we'll see.

G

Godsgirl83

I'm going to guess that users will still say "online" if they are still logged in but inactive for about 60 minutes and then the site switches to offline
That is what I have observed.
I was looking for a friend here the other day and it said "last seen 58 minutes ago" when I hovered over their name, and when it turned to 60 minutes their name cleared from the "CC members online" list.

listenyoumustAll

Jul 22, 2021
Being on here is work for me call it good works. :)

Kafziel

Dec 28, 2018
Being on here is work for me call it good works. :)
One thing I know is that people aren't very understanding when you choose to slack on the work and just spend a lot of time on the internet trying to help people. I have no choice myself, I hit mental illness related depressive episodes sometimes and I have a bad work history that makes me unattractive to employers. I feel all "Adam Jensen" about it, like I didn't choose this. I'm just making the best of the a bad situation.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I'm old, retired, and physically disabled, so I have plenty of time to spend here, but a couple of hours at a time is usually enough. I'd spend more time if I could find a little more common sense, but I see little hope for that.

Those who remain logged in when they are inactive, are leaving their computer open to hackers.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Those who remain logged in when they are inactive, are leaving their computer open to hackers.
Bring it!

I'm a Linux user.

My whole computer system is on a flash drive. If they trashed everything, I would just clone from another flash drive and keep rolling.

All my important files are stored in multiple offline backups.

No fear! :cool:

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
If the things take six to eight hours a day, then you are not retired. You just got a new job, and I doubt if it pays as well as the one you left.

:)

UNLESS

IT'S FISHING!

Then, that's ok

R

RichMan

If the things take six to eight hours a day, then you are not retired. You just got a new job, and I doubt if it pays as well as the one you left.

:)

UNLESS

IT'S FISHING!

Then, that's ok
Did not mean I had 6 to 8 hours of work every day. Said it takes me 6 to 8 hours to do it.
Before I retired I went at a dead run 9 to 10 hours a day. Now I take my time. If I take a lot of coffee breaks, like I am right now, I can make it last all day and the wife can not find others things that I need to do.
Maybe I need to find a part time job so I can get some rest.

G

Godsgirl83

If I take a lot of coffee breaks, like I am right now, I can make it last all day and the wife can not find others things that I need to do.
The wife can ALWAYS find things that need to be done :p

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
Since there is an app, people probably pop in periodically throughout the day, and possibly show as logged on when they aren't actually actively here.

As for me, right now I am not working until I relocate within the next few weeks, Lord willing, and so I've generally been keeping CC up in a browser tab and checking in throughout the day.

Honestly, though, my attention span is fairly poor. I'm not sure yet if I'll get burned out on CC in a couple of weeks and then disappear. It happens. Ebb and flow of life and all that.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
dont live in the US so, I prolly post when everyone else is asleep
Also I found out today that one of my jobs is no longer needed.

I dont think I would go fishing and be on CC at the same time. Though I do POST about fish.

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
dont live in the US so, I prolly post when everyone else is asleep
Also I found out today that one of my jobs is no longer needed.

I dont think I would go fishing and be on CC at the same time. Though I do POST about fish.
You fish for a living or fish for fun? Man, I haven't gone fishing since I was a kid...

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
You fish for a living or fish for fun? Man, I haven't gone fishing since I was a kid...
haha for fun.. though same as you I never really have much opportunity now
Maybe if had a boat or lived closer to the water I would

anyway. Post in the 153 fish thread on the singles forum if you are bored. I still havent got to 153 fish yet.