Works Not Possible Without Salvation (Good Works, that is)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Atwood

May 1, 2014
I thought I should start this thread to balance the converse thread.

There is a Classic passage in Ephesians 2 on this.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Right.
Faith without good works is dead but
good works without faith is impossible.

K

Kerry

As I have explained many time and not that I am the authority. When faith is placed in the work of the cross, that gives the Holy Spirit the legal right to work in us and through us, which produces fruit and not that of our own. When place faith in Christ we yield to Holy Spirit Just like the prophets of old the only difference is that the Holy Spirit would come upon them to perform certain task and then leave. With our new covenant, based in the blood of Christ, The Holy Spirit can reside with us 24\7 as long as our faith is in the finished work of Christ. That doe's not make us perfect, will still do and think and say wrong things, but because our faith is in the right place The Holy Spirit does not leave us but teaches us.

Again and again and again. It is not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit saith the Lord and if we follow the Spirit we will have good fruit or works, because any branch that does not produce good fruit is pruned and cast into the fire.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
In order to produce fruit, one must be attached to the tree.

Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
(Joh 15:2-4)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
no one is good except God alone; nothing is 'good' unless it is also by Him and through Him.
we in He, and He in we, all things work together for our good, His good.

and that's a gift :)

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights,
with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

(James 1:17)