Worried about my baby

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Acook17

Jun 14, 2018
Hello everyone,
First I would just like to say that once was a Christian but have gave up on a lot of things like not going to church hardly ever now, never really reading my bible and not feeling as guilty anymore when I do sinful things. I have even said before to my husband that I believe I have backslid on the lord. I have asked God to forgive me serveral times and have even testified in church that I have asked the lord to forgive and come back. The problem is I always go back the sinful person I was before. I have done several times now and don't want to continue embarrassing myself in front of the church. My problem is I asked the lord to forgive once again. I have been in revival all week and have really felt conviction. I'm too afraid now to admit I have asked to saved again. I guess mostly fear of what everyone will think and also fear I'm not really saved. My biggest and main fear is I felt heavily on my heart Tuesday at revival that if I didn't tell everyone that I asked to be saved that something would happen to my baby. I am 10 weeks pregnant and afraid of loosing my baby. I know the lord is not evil. However the lord give the and the lord takes. I know know can really tell me yes or no that my baby is fine. But what do you make of this. Something else that really struck me was on Wednesday night the preacher said while preaching if you are saved but ain't told nobody. You are not saved. I felt that was for me

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
First of all, your baby is fine. :) I'm sure God is protecting him or her.

Second, if you are already saved, then there's no getting saved "AGAIN". Getting saved is a one-time deal. Everyone backslides from God. I rarely go to church, or read my bible, but believe me, I DO feel guilty about it. However, praying and reading our bible and going to church is NOT what saves us.

Having faith in and believing in Jesus is what saves us. The very nano-second we believe, Jesus bestows His grace upon us.. :) So stop worrying and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy secure in the knowledge that you WILL have a healthy baby.

Your preacher is full of baloney. You don't need to tell ANYONE that you are saved, if you don't want to. That's between you and God.

"Revival" sounds kind of... strange. You need to find a good Christian church and get out of this revival bunk.. Even if you only watch a church service online, like I do. The one I watch is streamed live from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Hello everyone,
First I would just like to say that once was a Christian but have gave up on a lot of things like not going to church hardly ever now, never really reading my bible and not feeling as guilty anymore when I do sinful things. I have even said before to my husband that I believe I have backslid on the lord. I have asked God to forgive me serveral times and have even testified in church that I have asked the lord to forgive and come back. The problem is I always go back the sinful person I was before. I have done several times now and don't want to continue embarrassing myself in front of the church. My problem is I asked the lord to forgive once again. I have been in revival all week and have really felt conviction. I'm too afraid now to admit I have asked to saved again. I guess mostly fear of what everyone will think and also fear I'm not really saved. My biggest and main fear is I felt heavily on my heart Tuesday at revival that if I didn't tell everyone that I asked to be saved that something would happen to my baby. I am 10 weeks pregnant and afraid of loosing my baby. I know the lord is not evil. However the lord give the and the lord takes. I know know can really tell me yes or no that my baby is fine. But what do you make of this. Something else that really struck me was on Wednesday night the preacher said while preaching if you are saved but ain't told nobody. You are not saved. I felt that was for me
Be at peace. The Lord corrects and chastizes, the devil condemns and uses fear.

The enemy wants you thinking about your sin. Focusing on it. Making you feel guilty about it, instead of confessing it and forgetting about it like your Heavenly Father has. If the enemy can keep you in this state of mind, you will be an ineffective witness of our beautiful Lord and Savior.

God loves you, and your baby. Satan wants to kill, steal and destroy. Recognize he has no power over you.

Holy Father, please give your daughter an unmistakable awareness of Your Presence. Let her KNOW that she is greatly loved. Equip her to be a faithful witness to others that need Your Son. In His mighty Name I pray.

MrH59

Jun 24, 2018
Beech Island SC
ACook, If you believe Jesus Christ is the son of GOD, he came to earth and suffered and died for our sins. On the third day he arose and ascended to heaven and is returning one day in all his glory to receive us.
The rest is satans lies and tricks. If he can make you think you've lost then he's won. He cant win.

Like many people I was saved at a young age and during my teenage years I fell away from obeying GOD but I don't believe he ever stopped loving me. When I got married we got involved in church and God blessed me but I started ignoring him again but I was always feeling this guilt.

I knew He loved me and I wanted to obey but I just couldn't do it. I couldn't on my own anyway. I would often pray Psalms 51. " lord restore the joy of my salvation and the desire to be faithful, make me willing to obey. Yes he did, it took many years, I guess GOD was working on his time not mine. For now I am happy serving the lord in my church and still I stumble sometimes but GOD picks me up sets back up I continue and ask forgiveness and willingness to obey Conviction is good, it means you are winning and satan is trying his best to get to you.
If you are saved you will want to tell others about it but its not a condition of salvation. we pray for the forgiveness of or sins and the help of the holy spirit to help guide us. I pray that GOD will bless you.

von1

Apr 22, 2010
I just ran across this post and read some of your replies and wanted to say a big Amen.

M

Miri

Hello everyone,

You sound similar to me when I was a young person and was saved.

I know you are saved by the way because you are so sin conscious.
That only happens when you are saved! Lol

When I became a Christian, I use to go to bed each night thinking about
all the wrong stuff I had done and ask God to save me all over again and
again and again!

Let me tell you a little not so secret that many don’t get until years
later. There is a difference in justification and sanctification.

Justification happens the moment we are first saved, we are justified by the
saving grace and work of Jesus on the cross, it’s just as if I never sinned!

Then comes the life long process of sanctification. It takes time to
overcome but if we persist we will be overcomers in Christ. We don’t
Instantly become perfect in thought and deed people overnight.
The fruits of the spirit grow and develope. It takes time to put off the
old man, old attitudes, old thinking etc.

That doesn’t mean we can just live as we like, besides for a saved person, that
tender conscious won’t let us as we become only too aware of the wrong
that we do. We are to keep short accounts with God and say sorry when things
come to mind and ask for His strength to overcome. It is a process.
It’s like two married people they walk in close relationship but still need to
say sorry to each other. It’s like that with God we are now in relationship with
Him but still need to say sorry when we get it wrong.

Even Paul the apostle felt this way.

Romans 7:21-25 NLT
[21] I have discovered this principle of life-that when I want to
do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. [22] I love God's
law with all my heart. [23] But there is another power within
me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave
to the sin that is still within me. [24] Oh, what a miserable
person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated
by sin and death? [25] Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ
our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey
God's law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.

As for not telling others, that’s a load of balony! People don’t save us,
Jesus saves us!

Nov 26, 2012
Following Christ is exactly that....following Christ. If I’m following a car then wherever they go I am going. Many people claim to be followers, but they aren’t. They seek pleasure and get enticed by the world. If they are really Christians then when they realize they got distracted they look up ahead again for Christ and He’s there pulled over on the road (or He goes looking for you if you get lost) waiting for you. As far as your baby is concerned, worrying and stress will do more damage than God would. Whether or not your baby is ok, most likely has nothing to do with God punishing you. With all of the circumstances surrounding some pregnancies and births, I think it is evident, God doesn’t interfere with reproduction.

MrH59

Jun 24, 2018
Beech Island SC
You sound similar to me when I was a young person and was saved.

I know you are saved by the way because you are so sin conscious.
That only happens when you are saved! Lol

When I became a Christian, I use to go to bed each night thinking about
all the wrong stuff I had done and ask God to save me all over again and
again and again!

Let me tell you a little not so secret that many don’t get until years
later. There is a difference in justification and sanctification.

Justification happens the moment we are first saved, we are justified by the
saving grace and work of Jesus on the cross, it’s just as if I never sinned!

Then comes the life long process of sanctification. It takes time to
overcome but if we persist we will be overcomers in Christ. We don’t
Instantly become perfect in thought and deed people overnight.
The fruits of the spirit grow and develope. It takes time to put off the
old man, old attitudes, old thinking etc.

That doesn’t mean we can just live as we like, besides for a saved person, that
tender conscious won’t let us as we become only too aware of the wrong
that we do. We are to keep short accounts with God and say sorry when things
come to mind and ask for His strength to overcome. It is a process.
It’s like two married people they walk in close relationship but still need to
say sorry to each other. It’s like that with God we are now in relationship with
Him but still need to say sorry when we get it wrong.

Even Paul the apostle felt this way.

Romans 7:21-25 NLT
[21] I have discovered this principle of life-that when I want to
do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. [22] I love God's
law with all my heart. [23] But there is another power within
me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave
to the sin that is still within me. [24] Oh, what a miserable
person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated
by sin and death? [25] Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ
our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey
God's law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.

As for not telling others, that’s a load of balony! People don’t save us,
Jesus saves us!
AMEN

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I'm the one who used to Cruize in my Buick listening to wolfman and 97 octain gas was 28.9 cents!