Worried for a Friend,Dont know What to Tell Her

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mydelight

Jul 7, 2017
Even best case scenario and he is a Christian and an Evangelist. There are still many red flags. Why does he want to marry a woman so much older than himself. My gut say's he is marrying for money or passport. Cross cultural relationships are incredibly difficult, I don't feel she is likely to have a sufficient understanding of Parkistani culture and life. By all means go and stay with his family and see if you can cope with the culture. Finally if he has a travelling ministry what happens if he is beaten up, arrested or murdered. I used to go to a Church which had links to a Parkistani church it was burnt down. Is she ready to be persecuted. Ask questions about how long she has known him encourage her not to rush into anything.

That's good advice.
I also think that the promise of a house, nice young christian man, family that loves her, fancy wedding all sound like bait to get her to go there.
Try to ask her questions, like, if he really loves you and knows about your family's concerns, don't you think he would want to reassure them? Why doesn't he come here first and you can meet in person here, and then he could meet your family as well. Wouldn't it be nice to get married knowing that your family is at peace with the decision? How do you know he is not meeting other women online? Have you checked the Pakistani laws to know what your rights are as a woman and as a married woman over there? Are you comfortable and at peace knowing that [insert all needed information here].
If she thinks their marriage is going to be a blessing to God's work, then she should know how that will be, but still, there is no need to feel rushed. She owes it to herself to check every little detail, especially since this sounds so much like a scam. Ask her, if her daughter were to announce to her the same, would she simply give her her blessings and be happy for her? Ask your government what their warnings are for women traveling and thinking of marrying someone from that country.

She should also find out how strong his faith is. Have her ask him questions about the Bible, or you could ask to meet him online, and when you do, ask him biblical questions and check how sincere he seems to be. This alone might be an eye-opener to her.

FrankLee

Jun 30, 2016
Better to save her life no matter what. They concoct the most believable stories. Anything coming out of Islam is suspect. Their track record for violence and deceit is 100%.

If more research can be done on these people. If it were my friend I'd warn her. My brother was scammed by a middle Eastern woman with a sad story. BEWARE!

K

kaylagrl

Thanks for all the answers,there is some good advice in them. Right now Im biding my time because she's had to move the wedding date. I keep talking to her to see what more I can find out about the situation. I will try and talk to her but I do feel she'll shut me out fast if I start asking questions and talking about the dangers. Im trying to be positive while still asking questions and getting information. Thank you for your prayers,please remember her.

Pilkington

Jan 13, 2015
You are doing the right thing trying to be positive, whilst asking questions. I am praying that she will open up to you about the situation and that you have an opportunity to share your concerns.

K

kaylagrl

You are doing the right thing trying to be positive, whilst asking questions. I am praying that she will open up to you about the situation and that you have an opportunity to share your concerns.

Thank you sister.I think is the best approach with her. She seems to be staying open so far and I dont want to lose that.

Feb 28, 2016
Kay,

step-out in your Love/Faith for Jesus Christ first and foremost, precious one, never be afraid
to tell His Truth: this is what He is requiring of YOU, and then the burden is on Him...

K

kaylagrl

Kay,

step-out in your Love/Faith for Jesus Christ first and foremost, precious one, never be afraid
to tell His Truth: this is what He is requiring of YOU, and then the burden is on Him...

Thank you both,you are such a blessing. I hope you know that. <3

H

heartofdavid

Thank you both,you are such a blessing. I hope you know that. <3
Thank you for caring so much for your friend.

Break satanic assignments off if her. It appears to me some very long tentacles have reached a long way to ensnare her.

Sever them kaygirl

Jun 24, 2017
She wouldn't go to another man's house on a first date (well she shouldn't anyway) Why go to his country when she's never met him? I mean if it were England or something it might be a different story, but in the Middle East, even if everything he says is true, it's dangerous to be without a man in the Middle East, and if she's with him society will consider her under his dominion even if they aren't married yet, basically to do as he sees fit. (His house) Say that everything is as it seems, but he turns out to be hiding all of his terrible tendencies and he's really a big jerk.(which is fairly common in LDRs) Where would she go, how would she protect herself? If he really wants to spend the rest of his life with her he will fly to Canada to make sure she's protected in what's going on.