I
Inu
Guest
I’ve been taught and brought up with the view of worship as an act of song and praise, an act of raising your hands to the Heavens and giving God all the glory that He deserves. I grew up believing that that was the only definition of worship, so I would spend hours in my room worshipping and seeking the face of God, singing along to songs, praying and just closing myself off from the world… I believed that this was the only form that I could worship until a few years ago.
The title of my blog probably gives it away but let me continue to explain what I mean. Worship isn’t just song and dance, it isn’t just seeking the face of God in your quiet time; it is the ability to live a life that is pleasing to God and worship Him in acts of kindness, forgiveness, love and the manner in which we choose to live our life… Our lifestyle should reflect worship, it should be a reflection of the glorification of our Heavenly Father, and not just the time we spend in intimate prayer with God.
Pray without ceasing doesn’t mean lock yourself up in your room until your prayers are answered, it means live a life of worship, of acknowledgment that He is God, it is an act of keeping God in your heart and in your mind… It is living a life that is focused on pleasing God. We stumble; we fall but never let that stand in the way of living a life of worship to God.
The title of my blog probably gives it away but let me continue to explain what I mean. Worship isn’t just song and dance, it isn’t just seeking the face of God in your quiet time; it is the ability to live a life that is pleasing to God and worship Him in acts of kindness, forgiveness, love and the manner in which we choose to live our life… Our lifestyle should reflect worship, it should be a reflection of the glorification of our Heavenly Father, and not just the time we spend in intimate prayer with God.
Pray without ceasing doesn’t mean lock yourself up in your room until your prayers are answered, it means live a life of worship, of acknowledgment that He is God, it is an act of keeping God in your heart and in your mind… It is living a life that is focused on pleasing God. We stumble; we fall but never let that stand in the way of living a life of worship to God.