Worship team, music sheets

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
This has been a burden in my heart for quite a while now (months.. actually years). I didn't want to post thinking it seems trivial, but now admit it hasn't left my attention. So I am mentioning this request abt our music team (whatever you call it in your church). As the other older team member (most the others are in early 20's and 30's), my friend and I in the team were encouraging we do things more 'in order' by using practice time wisely. The fact is we often started practices way late the announced sked, and this we can understand bec. of construction in church premises, security of equipment wc have to be locked up and brought out and set up (for weeks), wc takes time, have long talks/also devotion times before we can start (or none at all as it's late), no vocalization, and lots more time in adjusting the instrumentalists' chords used, etc instead of upgrading the vocalists too.

I say these not to complain, but see these as points to reconsider and work on as a team. Once or twice, I have emailed a team leader (other worship leader is our youth ptr), or our keyboard player, also church sec who often selects the songs when either of our leaders aren't available, but the former could barely reply. As I am now divided bet 2 churches when I have to stay in metro manila some weekends, I am considering transferring already. But I still love our team, and would have wanted that they can adjust and seemingly not waste time (others' too) when they start late, or use up time on unproductive matters. We have suggested compiling more music sheets for future reference, but acquiring them doesn't seem to be in their priorities. They prefer choosing a song from utube, listening and learning from there. I have personally reproduced a song or 2 when i have or can access just so we have some ready lyrics to read, and wont rely on the screen projections before actual practice time but the folks do not seem to be thinking the same. There always seems to be the time constraint (songs selected a little late, like on friday already), hence we cannot practice earlier on ur own, not knowing what to give some time to.

My (older) friend and I have tried to let the others understand we're practicing and hopefully learning new/old songs not for ourselves, but they seem to quickly choose just what they now know. Idk if they even discern, but quite a lot of songs are hillsong and another band, wc even when Biblical, I feel are almost all we sing abt. I also suggested we include the writer/musician credits, wc Filipinos (only?) do not often acknowledge, but wc we could, instead of perhaps often saying This is hillsong-- wc promotes the grp more than what other Christians have beautifully created for us to lift up to our Lord. Do you have sites to recommend to acquire music sheets esp which are free or w/ minimal fees? I have strived to search and have used up much time for music we can use, but even those we do (except hymnals wc we have) aren't easily available. A 2-page sheet could cost P250 or so, wc is abt $5 where I live (or abt 5 meals already for some here).

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Cont'd. (unfinished/and correction)
2-5 page sheet...
... While songbooks may be easily available to most here in the forum, we do not have that much access really. Pls pray for our team. Thanks in advance.

dodgingstones

Nov 20, 2019
Praying....

You might do a "search" to see if you can find a Church or Group that donates old Hymnals to groups such as yours. Just a thought...

dodgingstones

Nov 20, 2019
SEARCH: free used hymnal

Did a quick one and saw 2 different people who were offering free hymnals