Would you marry you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
I've thought long and hard about it and I still say yep. Lol I'm flawed, but Im loving.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
There’s been some really good feedback and responses here, most of which people would indeed marry themselves.

I think I would be part of the few who would go against the crowd and say “no I wouldn’t marry myself”.

My answer is purely because for me, “opposites really do attract”. For example, I would say that I can easily make conversation with someone or a group of people and keep the conversation going, however I like guys who shy away from that kind of stuff or group setting, so to meet someone who is like me isn’t really challenging enough for my personality. That’s not to say that I would only date guys who are introverts lol but I know myself enough not to date someone who is like me lol.

The ONLY ONE exception that I would allow if I had to date someone like me is sharing the same love and passion for God in both our journeys, but as for anything else, I would like to marry someone who is the opposite of me.

I

IFOLLOWHIM

I believe in looking in the same direction!
Opposites do not attract me,once the bloom has worn off there isn't much left to share!
I want someone who enjoys the same things as I do so we have MUCH in common!
I do have friends that are opposite but it gets tiring pulling them along!
I will not settle ever again for someone who cannot carry His own,in faith,life and love!
I am generous to those I love,no escape hatches for me,it's all or nothing.
That said,I expect little from others,I have learned to be content with myself.......
Just not by myself!
There is so much wonder in living with someone who appreciates the awesomeness of a loving God!

J

jeninnc

I would say no, I am wanting someone with more knowledge than me about the Bible that they could share/enlighten me, I am funny but, I would like someone funnier, Lord I long for crying laughs, someone more spontaneous than me to push me towards new life experiences. I need someone who will surprise me by how kind they are and demonstrate a true loving spirit towards others.

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
I’m single and never married. I’ve raised a child, have no desire for more, and retired from the workforce at 35 (I worked in wealth management). My companions are single, self-employed or executive men who are unmarried. I prefer companions without children. It makes things neater with less hardship.

Belka

Aug 24, 2017
I don't know : / lol

Probably not.
I still have a lot to work on.
(too many things to list and too depressing to even think about)
*dem feels hurt* lol

I mean, I think I have potential. But I don't know how that'd translate into real life. I honestly can't tell if I'd make a good spouse.

Can anyone truly, though? If they've never been married before? (or had a long-term relationship?)

I think I'll have to learn as I go, honestly. It's hard to imagine myself getting to a point of, "I'm finally ready!". I don't think it works like that. I think there are many things that marriage entails that are simply impossible to "work on" when you're not married. They come with the actual experience of being in that kind of relationship. And until that happens, those things will remain "latent". That's my current opinion on that. (I'm not saying we can't work on ourselves when we're single, but certain things can only be worked on once we're married, and not before.)

At any rate, I wouldn't want to marry someone LIKE me, as in, who's very similar to me. That'd be a disaster. (I had a relationship like that once. Never again lol.)

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
So I was listening to a radio program today on Focus on the Family, talking about questions for a parent to ask a child’s future spouse. There were several, but man this one was a big big one for me.

Would you marry you?

Not being snarky. Not being silly. If you had to live with someone like yourself, with the issues that you know you have and still need to work on...would you? I know I need to really chew on that personally. I may have to answer after a while of having posted this to give myself time to really consider it.

And obviously if the answer is no way, what do you need/want/ are doing to change it?
Would I marry myself? well probably not, bible says God made them male and female and last time I checked, I don't have a split personality disorder. (hahaha)

But truth is, i would marry a woman who is a lot like myself, it's the things I love about myself that I look for in a wife.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Its a weird question. I cant answer it without thinking it would be kinda gay.