Wrangling and Discord Verses

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
The word of God is irrefutable,even those that are twisted for personal use to fit personal agendas!
Satan knows the word,his imps know Jesus!
Praise Him from whom all blessings flow!

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
Jesus....circa 33 A.D.

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. "For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW; and A MAN'S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD.

Was JESUS a heretic?

And if this applies to family, how much more to those that peddle that which is contrary to the truth?
For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself

Galatians 6:3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
Galatians 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
Galatians 5:7 Ye did run well who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth
Galatians 5:8 This persuasion cometh not of Him that calleth you.
Galatians 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
Galatians 5:10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.
Galatians 5:11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.
Galatians 5:12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.
Galatians 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty, only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh but by love serve one another.
Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Galatians 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
Galatians 5:16 This I say then, walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh
Galatians 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit and the Spirit against the flesh and these are contrary the one to the other so that ye can not do the things that ye would
Galatians 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Galatians 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Galatians 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall NOT inherit the kingdom of God. (God will NOT be mocked).
Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Galatians 5:23 Meekness, temperance, against such there is no law.
Galatians 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Galatians 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Galatians 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
Galatians 6:3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

Dec 12, 2013
For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself

Galatians 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
Galatians 5:7 Ye did run well who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth
Galatians 5:8 This persuasion cometh not of Him that calleth you.
Galatians 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
Galatians 5:10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.
Galatians 5:11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.
Galatians 5:12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.
Galatians 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty, only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh but by love serve one another.
Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Galatians 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
Galatians 5:16 This I say then, walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh
Galatians 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit and the Spirit against the flesh and these are contrary the one to the other so that ye can not do the things that ye would
Galatians 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Galatians 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Galatians 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall NOT inherit the kingdom of God. (God will NOT be mocked).
Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Galatians 5:23 Meekness, temperance, against such there is no law.
Galatians 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Galatians 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Galatians 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
Nice way to ignore the obvious and side step the question and point.......par for the course hey

Mar 28, 2016
These are good verses to remember in this context, where it is easy to get into disagreements over words. I wonder, in light of the scriptural teaching, how we are to go about dealing with cases where others are using words inappropriately and either hurting others directly or promoting false teaching? Are we still to avoid "wrangling"?
I would think in all cases we are to defend that which defends us as the armor of God. And be ready at all times in season and out to guard the faith. And not keep signs and wonders .. we are to not wonder not but rather believe as it is written.

I would think offer them the words original meaning and then foundation it was set up from .The foundation in most cases is established in the old .Like the manner of prophecy called tongues

There are many that add or substract from one word which changes the context .And in doing so turn it upside down and remove the intended understanding coming from the Holy Spirit. It would seem a popular practice with those who have what they call a sign gift. sign and wonder seekers who practice self edification. .Out ward signs are to confirm unbelief .Prophecy the tongue of God belief or faith

K

Karraster

Proverbs 8 21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

1 Doth not wisdom cry out, and understanding put forth her voice?

2 She standeth at the top of high places, by the wayside where the paths meet.

3 She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors:

4 “Unto you, O men, I call, and my voice is to the sons of man.

5 O ye simple, understand wisdom; and ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.

6 Hear, for I will speak of excellent things, and the opening of my lips shall be of right things;

7 for my mouth shall speak truth, and wickedness is an abomination to my lips.

8 All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.

9 They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.
10 Receive my instruction and not silver, and knowledge rather than choice gold;

11 for wisdom is better than rubies, and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

12 “I, wisdom, dwell with prudence, and disclose knowledge of learned thoughts.

13 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; pride and arrogance and the evil way and the froward mouth do I hate.

14 Counsel is mine and sound wisdom; I am understanding, I have strength.

15 By me kings reign, and princes decree justice.

16 By me princes rule and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.

17 I love them that love me, and those that seek me early shall find me.

18 Riches and honor are with me, yea, durable riches and righteousness.

19 My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold, and my revenue than choice silver.

K

Karraster

20 I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment,

21 that I may cause those that love me to inherit substance, and I will fill their treasuries.

22 “The Lord possessed me at the beginning of His way, before His works of old.

23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

24 When there were no depths I was brought forth, when there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth,

26 while as yet He had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the first parts of dust of the world.

27 When He prepared the heavens, I was there; when He set a compass upon the face of the deep,

28 when He established the clouds above, when He strengthened the fountains of the deep,
29 when He gave to the sea His decree that the waters should not pass His commandment, when He appointed the foundations of the earth”

30 then I was by Him, as one brought up with Him, and I was daily His delight, rejoicing always before Him,

31 rejoicing in the habitable part of His earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

32 “Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children, for blessed are they that keep my ways.

33 Hear instruction and be wise, and refuse it not.

34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain the favor of the Lord.

36 But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul; all they that hate me love death.”

notuptome

May 17, 2013
What have you believed? Whom have you believed?

Do you know the difference between salvation and sanctification?

For the cause of Christ
Roger