Writing a RomCom any suggestions

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Monnkai

Senior Member
Mar 18, 2014
2,740
690
113
So I'm writing a romantic comedy and I'm wondering how to go about making it funny without resorting to sex jokes. A good 95% of RomCom is sex jokes so any suggestions?
 
Wow, that sounds awesome, Monnkai!! Good for you! And I'm in agreement with you in that I am not entertained by vulgarity & excessive references to sex. It's sooooo immature and annoying.

I know there are some really funny comedians who keep it clean like Jim Gaffigan, Brian Regan, Jerry Seinfeld, Chonda Pierce, Tom Hanks, Sally Field, etc. Maybe viewing some of the "clean" comedians on YouTube might help.