Writing Prayer

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

breno785au

Senior Member
Jul 23, 2013
6,002
767
113
41
Australia
Hey guys,
Sometimes when I'm in prayer I really find it difficult to vocalise what's on my heart but I find it out can come out if I write it. It confuses me, is this still considered as prayer? I know God can hear the meditations of my heart and can obviously read what I'm writing but is it still prayer and supplication if I write it all out?
If so, why?
 
What exactly is some of David's Psalms? :)
lol well, I do remember asking God about this a while ago and I believe He pointed me to the Psalms as an example of the answer. But do you think David sat there and wrote? Or did he vocalise everything and then write? mmm yeh? lol
 
lol well, I do remember asking God about this a while ago and I believe He pointed me to the Psalms as an example of the answer. But do you think David sat there and wrote? Or did he vocalise everything and then write? mmm yeh? lol

Or maybe he had a hard time praying vocally like you when things troubled him, and wrote them down instead. :)
 
Or maybe he had a hard time praying vocally like you when things troubled him, and wrote them down instead. :)
Good point, well I guess i'm going to break out the old journal again coz I'm sick of sitting there like a stunned mullet wondering why I can't put words on my mouth from my heart.
Thanks for the insight :) Grace and peace.
 
lol well, I do remember asking God about this a while ago and I believe He pointed me to the Psalms as an example of the answer. But do you think David sat there and wrote? Or did he vocalise everything and then write? mmm yeh? lol

As a writer..........let me remind you that when you "write" with pen and paper, you are "writing" what your HEART "vocalizes," and it's what is in your heart that matters to God.

My advice?

WRITE AWAY!
 
Writing is fine but for me it breaks up the flow of my thoughts in prayer.
When I'm short on words in prayer I just break out in a session of praise and thanks...then more prayers start coming to mind.
 
Writing is fine but for me it breaks up the flow of my thoughts in prayer.
When I'm short on words in prayer I just break out in a session of praise and thanks...then more prayers start coming to mind.[/QUOTE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

crossnote,

this is very sweet and lovely.

it reminded me of when reading scriptures or silently reciting,
a rhythm prevails and takes us on a journey that we know
we always want to be on.
our being allowed such intimacy is truly a gift of gifts.
 
As a writer..........let me remind you that when you "write" with pen and paper, you are "writing" what your HEART "vocalizes," and it's what is in your heart that matters to God.

My advice?

WRITE AWAY!
knew there was something hiding there, some extravagant talent,,, journalist, maybe, or publisher, much success to you,,, p Rhebein.
 
It may be that in writing your prayers God will see that it is something you care very much to present as perfect before Him. Are we not to give Him our very best? God gives all things even the course of our thougts. Our thoughts come from our hearts. Out of our hearts flow what is truly in us. If God is in you, it is not you who writes these prayers but Him. You may not know His reason for you to write these things.....but there is always a reason. Just a thought.
 
Well I mostly type out prayers, in prayer room for other people, so that not only can they read what's written but pray along as well.

When I type out a prayer here on the forums, it's to encourage, provide hope and comfort , that not only has that prayer been prayed, they can look back and read it again.


This I started out as , other people have typed prayers for me, and I was blessed and comforted. I think there should be no barrier at all, in praising God or praying. Whether by our tongues or by our written words. :) We shouldn't cease to do that


1 Thessalonians 5:17
Pray without ceasing.


 
Last edited:
.........and, lest we forget.........we have the Written Word of God........and the Living Word (spoken) of God........

and BOTH are precious! :)