WrongRoomRight

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
The BDF is the wrong room for a post about Prayer Request, right? The New Members Forum is also the wrong room for a person needing prayer, right?

I just came from the New Members Forum. I found a man who was in desperate need of prayer. He had grabbed a thread that was ten years old and attached his prayer request there. I agreed to pray him, then told him to move to the Prayer Room for better support. I then sensed the Lord saying something to me;

"Would you have even seen this man's plea for help if he had gone straight to the Prayer Forum?"

My answer was an easy and humiliating 'no'. This is because I never visit the Prayer Forum. I figured that Prayer was not my primary gift. I am now wondering if I need to reevaluate this matter. I always tell others that prayer is a far more powerful weapon than we realize, but do my actions(or lack thereof) say I believe this?

James 5:16 Confess [your] faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

dodgingstones

Nov 20, 2019
I am also guilty of not giving the Prayer Forum the attention it deserves.

Will try to do better. Expect to see you there... 😊

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
hmmm... very good point, it is my understanding we are called to be able to work in all gifts since Holy Spirit is the source of all gifts, we may individually be called to specific areas of gifting primarily as we walk out the plan He has for each of us, but the source is the same Holy Spirit that Jesus received from John the Baptist and imparted to the 12.
There are no accidents, He knows the beginning from the end and knew Oyster would find that request no matter where it was and it would prompt our brother Oyster to action.
He is so very good, all the time.
blessings

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
When i come into CC the first page i come to is the ""Whats New"" page that gives me a list of all the new posts.. since the last time i was here.. So i see all the posts no matter what section of the forum they where posted in.. So the problem of not visiting certain sections of the forum is not a problem for me..