Yay for reading!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marcus2x2

It's not, Christ does not have 'denominations', He does not have different Churches with different names, He has one Church, one body, where there is a true Christian, or an assembly of Christians than this the Church, there is no division in Christ.
People who make up the body of Christ still have different theological points of view.
And since you can't tell me what demoniation you affiliate with I will ask a slightly different question:
What school/s of theology do you espouse? For example, are you a pre-mill post-trib?

C

Cup-of-Ruin

People who make up the body of Christ still have different theological points of view.
And since you can't tell me what demoniation you affiliate with I will ask a slightly different question:
What school/s of theology do you espouse? For example, are you a pre-mill post-trib?
I don't affiliate with any specific denomination, if I did I would tell you.

Question is rather broad, I have a public profile which you can view.

M

Marcus2x2

Okay, where?

M

miktre

I love Jews. Anyone who judges G-d's people will be judged just as harshly.
Shame on these people who made this video theyre probably going straight to hells fire:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVBIzu4YvnE[/video]

Yeah really how dare they say anything about the murder and torture of palestinians which happen to be a 13% christian population. After all they have a special covenant, right? I sure wish someone could explain to me this bible verse. If you can explain it I got alot more I need help with, but this one alone should be quite the task.
1)John 14:6 (King James Version)
6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Will someone pleae explain how any man on earth can reject God's only begotten son, whom He sent to earth and died for our sins, and are still somehow saved? I must of missed the verse where it says any man but God's chosen people, can anyone show it to me?.

Oct 17, 2009
Most Israeli's have no more rejected Christ than you've rejected Buddha. The same goes for most Muslims. They've not had a chance to see Christ's love--and in many cases have seen people calling themselves Christians display nothing but hate. You can't reject a faith until you understand it, and many people never even get a chance to understand beliefs outside the ones they were raised in.

All that said, it's true that some of Israeli's policies are detrimental to peace, and that we should work to change this.

Jan 8, 2009
Well the Jews killed christians in Jesus's time and they still persecute today, muslims and christians. Hardcore Jewish fanatics are no different to the Taliban really, and there are a lot in Israel because it's a safe haven for them and it's equivalent to how the Taliban has a safe haven in the Afg. -Pak. borders and those areas.

Now we in the west made a fuss about the Russia- Georgia happenings a few months ago, but it seems Israel is allowed to do what it likes.

Given they can't live side by side in peace, you divide the country in half, and put a large wall between the two like they did with the Berlin wall. And if 50% of Jerusalem falls on the Palestinian side then so be it.

Last edited:

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I am so sorry for the pain of judgement of others. I carry the memory of Awshwits for a woman I knew as a child. She was a survivor. What she went through will not be forgotten. Her gentleness and kindness to me is a treasure that comforted me as a child and to this day. The tattoo on her arm given by the prison camp is seared into my memory, like it was seared on her arm. Who are we to question the plan of God Our Father. I only know that he asks us to love all with the love given of Our Lord Jesus. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. I hold dear and try to honor all that Our Lord God Our Father askes. I will continue also to honor her memory and what she lived through in gratitude to her for the kindness and love she showed me.
God bless, pickles

C

Cup-of-Ruin

I am so sorry for the pain of judgement of others. I carry the memory of Awshwits for a woman I knew as a child. She was a survivor. What she went through will not be forgotten. Her gentleness and kindness to me is a treasure that comforted me as a child and to this day. The tattoo on her arm given by the prison camp is seared into my memory, like it was seared on her arm. Who are we to question the plan of God Our Father. I only know that he asks us to love all with the love given of Our Lord Jesus. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. I hold dear and try to honor all that Our Lord God Our Father askes. I will continue also to honor her memory and what she lived through in gratitude to her for the kindness and love she showed me.
God bless, pickles
They are liars, we have no reason to doubt the word of God. Only a Christian can tell the truth, for all truth is delivered by God via the Holy Spirit.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
They are liars, we have no reason to doubt the word of God. Only a Christian can tell the truth, for all truth is delivered by God via the Holy Spirit.
She did not lie, nor did the many that suffered. And my uncle helped liberate many from the prisons. Many were death camps. Some were work camps. Some were prisoner of war camps. All of these people do not lie. The question is cup is who lied to you and why do you believe this lie. You do not need answer me. But who you do need to answer to is Jesus Christ Our Lord.
I continue always to pray for you. God bless, pickles

W

Walt

Are you denying the Holocaust?

G

greatkraw

So, not too long ago someone on here felt like pointing out how unloving and cruel the "fake" (read: real, OT Chosen People of God) Jews are, and today while reading a book by Hayim Donin, I stumbled upon some quotes that proves the exact opposite.

And now, I will post these quotes not only to show you that Jews are not unloving or cruel, but also because they are pretty great quotes that we can learn from and live by. They are speaking of Jewish values, but the values come from the Torah, and any values found in the Torah can apply to our lives. Right?

Rabbi Kook write: "The love of all people must pulsate in one's heart and soul, the love of every human being individually and of all nations collectively, expressed by a desire to assist in their spiritual and material growth. Hatred must be directed only towards the acts of evil and the corrupt deeds in the world."

Paralleling the love and reverence for God is the Jewish tradition's emphasis upon the verse in the Torah, "Love your neighbor as yourself" (Leviticus 19:18). The Hebrew text uses the word rai-aka which...implies fellow human beings [as opposed to it implying a select number of people].

The stress upon acting with due regard and consideration for the feelings of others is found throughout Torah sources. ... The sages of the Talmud added: "The dignity of the human being is a great thing."
This basic value is reflected in the religious prohibition against publicly embarrassing a person, which is treated as the moral equivalent of murder.

Inherent in the Jewish value system is the view that looks upon all people as equal and that refutes all idea of racial superiority. The idea is embodied in the answer given to the question as to why God chose to create just one human being and then commanding, be "fruitful and multiply and fill the earth," when He could just as easily have started with many hundreds or thousands of people and quickened the process of filling the earth. It was done, says the Mishna, to enhance the peace of mankind, so that no man should be able to say to another, "my father was greater than yours." [I really like this quote]

When the Talmud notes the qualities possessed by Israel it says: "Three characteristics does the [Jewish] people possess: they are merciful, modest, and perform deeds of kindness." Jews who lacked these qualities were considered unworthy members of the people. Maimonides went so far as to declare that "there is reason to be suspicious of the Jewish credentials of one who is cruel."

In the chapter I drew these quotes from (yes, they all came from 1 chapter), the headings found in the chapter were as follows:
The Basic Values of Judaism: What Kind of People Do We Want Our Children to Be?
To Love and Revere God
To Love Our Neighbor
To Respect Human Dignity
To Treat All People Equally
To Regard Life as Sacred
To Strive for Holiness
To Study Torah
To Cherish Eretz Yisrael
To Love Justice
To Be Compassionate
To Show Civic Responsibility
To Be Creative

While all of this does go a long way to prove the sort of character a Jew (whether you wish to label him as fake or not) really and truly has, it also served to show me, at least, the type of person I should strive to be. Should I not love and revere God, love my neighbor, be compassionate, etc? Those are all things God would want from me just as much as He wants them from His chosen people.

Okay, you all might not feel inclined to cherish Eretz Yisrael, but other than that it's pretty good stuff.
I am sure this could have been a good thread.

I guess it was inevitable that Cup of Ruin would hijack it.

The Bible talks about those who claim they are Jews but are not.

Cup, do not badmouth Israel, they are the apple of God's eye. See Gen 12:3

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

C

Cup-of-Ruin

I am sure this could have been a good thread.

I guess it was inevitable that Cup of Ruin would hijack it.

The Bible talks about those who claim they are Jews but are not.

Cup, do not badmouth Israel, they are the apple of God's eye. See Gen 12:3

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Israel is a military state founded on the balfour declaration, which was an agreement between Britian and the House of Rothschild. This has nothing to do with the Ancient Israelites of the Bible who all became Christian as per Hebrews 8:8-12. The Rabbi's in regard to the modern geographical area of Israel freely admit that they are not related to the Israelites of the Bible, modern Jewry is historically identified whith Khazaria, Ashkenazim, from southern Russia and Germany.

G

greatkraw

Israel is a military state founded on the balfour declaration, which was an agreement between Britian and the House of Rothschild. This has nothing to do with the Ancient Israelites of the Bible who all became Christian as per Hebrews 8:8-12. The Rabbi's in regard to the modern geographical area of Israel freely admit that they are not related to the Israelites of the Bible, modern Jewry is historically identified whith Khazaria, Ashkenazim, from southern Russia and Germany.

SO THAT IS YOUR DEAL!!!!

It has been years since I heard about Ashkenazis and Kaisars.

Cup, YOU ARE A RACIST ANTISEMITE
YOU ARE A RACIST ANTISEMITE

C

Cup-of-Ruin

SO THAT IS YOUR DEAL!!!!

It has been years since I heard about Ashkenazis and Kaisars.

Cup, YOU ARE A RACIST ANTISEMITE
"The sons of Japheth; Gomer; and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras. And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Ripath, and Togarmah."

You mean anti-Japhethic, no i'm not anti-Japhethic.

Status
Not open for further replies.