A
Ariel82
Guest
Ariel, how'd the surgery go? I hope all is well!!!
View attachment 166722
Yes it seems well. Need new reading glasses lol.
Ariel, how'd the surgery go? I hope all is well!!!
View attachment 166722
I think the old testament saints and those who died up until the time of Jesus's death, rose with Him which would include John the Baptist.
I believe the 1st resurrection in Revelation will be all the rest of the saints, both those who have lived since Jesus's death and those who remain alive at that time - these will be raised to reign with Christ along with those who were raised with Christ.
So the 2nd resurrection spoken of in Revelation will be the goats, the unbelievers. It's called the Great White Throne judgment.
John 17, why does Jesus not pray for the world here?
Promises: sanctify them with truth
Oneness with God and Christ
Safety from the evil one
Showing God's love to the world
I have heard that but why would God need to sort folks if they all are resurrected separately?
Personally I would be okay just being in the kingdom and letting Jesus and His apostles sit on the thrones.
After finishing the four gospels, I always think of things I want to study in more detail later in the year.
For example all the parables.
Or a parallel study of the gospels comparing which have similar stories and which are unique to each account.
The kingdom of God laws and how it works
Promises of God found in the accounts
Prophecy and it's fulfillment
The lists can go on for a while.
I find it easier to listen/read through the New testament but books like Numbers and some of the prophets have me stick still, but I figured if I keep chipping at it I can understand more bits over the year.
I like reading/listening to the whole Bible in one big chunk so that when people quote verses I can find it and have a context that verse came from.
I always throw a red flag when they use it in a manner that doesn't fit with the context and ask for deeper explanation.
Sometimes they teach me something. Sometimes they just jump around and cherry pick more verses (very disapponting when folks do that)
Though it's not required for salvation, I encourage everyone to read and listen to the Bible at their pace for fuller understanding and marurity in their faith,
In Acts 2 the "tongues" spoken are known languages and the early church met EVERY day and are together.
Have you ever eaten with 300 people all at once?
Hard to imagine, but if each had their own campfire?
I guess back then group meals might have been more common. Makes me want to read the life in historical biblical times I picked up but have since been gathering dust on my shelf.
Yeah, I listened to a teaching about context and one pastor said he wished there weren't chapters and verses for the very reason you mention.
Taking scripture out of its context can make the text mean something totally different than what God intended.
Although, there are some texts that aren't harmed when you do so. But his point was that most believers today tend to do that and come away with a totally different understanding of what God wrote.
And amen to reading the scriptures! When Barna did a poll, there was a small percentage of Christians that actually read their bible. They allow themselves to be spoon fed instead of reading and studying for themselves.
Bible study has so helped me in understanding scripture better so that I can better serve and obey our Lord and Savior. Some women offer bible studies online doing Kay Arthur studies. I started studying inductively on a regular basis last year. Other studies are good too, but this one has lots of homework so I learn more.
You know the bible on cd...If I remember right you can go thru the bible in like 72 hours or something
We often pray for the world. I just found it interesting that in that moment Jesus only prayer for the Church.